Republicans need to agree with Obama

I have no patience to repeat myself countless times why raising taxes can only be suggested by a Failed Leader

Then perhaps you'd like to explain at least one time, how lowering taxes on profits makes it less expensive to operate a business?

What? did you really ask that?

Ok.....taxes are business expenses. If you lower the percentage of taxes the business pays out as an expense what happens to that business' expenses?

Then perhaps you'd like to explain at least one time, how lowering taxes on profits makes it less expensive to operate a business?

Review a business plan...any business plan...and your question will be answered.

Company A spends $500K to make widgets that it can sell for $600K. Profit of $100K that is taxed at 25%.

Economic recession and sales slow and revenue drops. So then ...

Company A spends $500K to make widgets that it can sell now for only $500K. Profit of $0 taxed at 25%.

So now, explain to us all, how cutting Company A's taxes to 10% will magically make the company less expensive to operate and how it will promote job growth at this company.

I cant.

Yours is a flawed premise.
In a recession, operating costs decrease based on the decrease in product sold...as therre is less product produced, less labor employed, etc.

The fact that you are not aware of this makes it difficult to debate this with you. You may be bright...I dont doubt that.....but you have no idea what happens to a company...its expenses...its revenue...and its reaction during a recession.....

Review a business plan...any business plan...and your question will be answered.

Company A spends $500K to make widgets that it can sell for $600K. Profit of $100K that is taxed at 25%.

Company A spends $500K to make widgets that it can sell now for only $500K. Profit of $0 taxed at 25%.

So now, explain to us all, how cutting Company A's taxes to 10% will magically make the company less expensive to operate and how it will promote job growth at this company.

You know, Dear, I keep trying to tell you that the US economy and the Federal government are two different things.

We're a $14 trillion economy so somebody somewhere is making profits

eliminate "fear" for corporations to re-invest will create jobs and thus more revenue.

The only thing companies "fear" right now is slow sales and decreased revenue due to consumers not shopping. You don't fix that by cutting taxes on profits for those companies.

Again, you are showing your lack of business knowledge.
Very few successful business are reactive. Most are pro-active.
For example...I am already in the planning stages for 2012 first quarter....I am no longer looking at what is hapopening now...I am anticipating and planning for what will likely happen 6 months from now.
Companies dont fear "right now" at all....that fear for "now" took place 6-9 months ago

I have no patience to repeat myself countless times why raising taxes can only be suggested by a Failed Leader

Ok.....taxes are business expenses. If you lower the percentage of taxes the business pays out as an expense what happens to that business' expenses?

lol...thats why my response to that post was "look at any business plan".....

You guys just refuse to stay on topic don't you.

For the record, of course there are other taxes that could increase business expenses. This is why I specifically asked about TAXES ON PROFITS. GE last year paid ZERO taxes on its PROFITS. Now you want to make that tax lower? Seriously?

How does this help? How does cutting taxes on profits for companies make it less expensive to operate? Answer: IT DOESN'T! If a small business is struggling to stay open and make a profit, telling them you will tax those profits less does nothing for them. Nothing.

Open your eyes already.

For example...I am already in the planning stages for 2012 first quarter....I am no longer looking at what is hapopening now...I am anticipating and planning for what will likely happen 6 months from now.
Companies dont fear "right now" at all....that fear for "now" took place 6-9 months ago

You just want to twist everything I write, don't you? I did not say they fear they will have slow sales right now. I said right now, the fear is, slow sales. Those sales could be later this year, next year, end of next year. I never said right now.

You claim to have a business and be an expert, what are you anticipating your sales will be Q1 2012? Up? Down? Flat?

For the record, of course there are other taxes that could increase business expenses. This is why I specifically asked about TAXES ON PROFITS. GE last year paid ZERO taxes on its PROFITS. Now you want to make that tax lower? Seriously?

How does this help? How does cutting taxes on profits for companies make it less expensive to operate? Answer: IT DOESN'T! If a small business is struggling to stay open and make a profit, telling them you will tax those profits less does nothing for them. Nothing.

Open your eyes already.

...but should they start to make a profit, you'll be right there to take it from them. :eek:

Open your eyes already.

You are ignoring my continued suggestion that your thinking is flawed.

Telling that same company..."and if you DO make a profit, you will be less taxed on it " gives them the incentive to strive.

You are too wrapped up in what you hear and now what you can really learn. Talking heads only give you the basics......

Learn from this debate....dont try to be right.

Open your eyes already.

Are you really going there?

Ok say the taxes on business' profits are 10% and that business makes $10,000.00. The tax expense on that profit is $1,000.00. Now lets raise that tax to 20% on the same $10,000.00 in profits. They would now have a tax expens on that profit of $2000.00.

So by raising the taxes on the profits(income) the govt is raising the expense level of business.

Last edited:

You just want to twist everything I write, don't you? I did not say they fear they will have slow sales right now. I said right now, the fear is, slow sales. Those sales could be later this year, next year, end of next year. I never said right now.

You claim to have a business and be an expert, what are you anticipating your sales will be Q1 2012? Up? Down? Flat?

We are right now anticipating about a 20% increase in sales over 2011 first quarter...but mine is a consulting business, not a manufacturing business.

My manufacturing clients are anticipating a very flat 2012 frist compared to 2011 first. However, they are also anticipating an increase in non head count operating costs...and a very drastic increase in non collectible receivables....so such will likely be offset by further layoffs.

And I do not twist what my opponenets say...at least not intentionally.....you said "right now all they fear are sales"...I took that as "all they fear right now are sales"....certainly not worthy of being called a spinner.

Seems you over-reacted....possibly becuase you are FINALLY seeing that you are out of your league with this debate.

I cant.

Yours is a flawed premise.
In a recession, operating costs decrease based on the decrease in product sold...as therre is less product produced, less labor employed, etc.

The fact that you are not aware of this makes it difficult to debate this with you. You may be bright...I dont doubt that.....but you have no idea what happens to a company...its expenses...its revenue...and its reaction during a recession.....

Dontbestupid...

Why did you ignore my above response to your flawed premise?

Telling that same company..."and if you DO make a profit, you will be less taxed on it " gives them the incentive to strive.

So, your position is, that if a small business is struggling to make a profit, and we cut their taxes, they will work harder. If we raise their taxes, they will work less. Making a profit has nothing to do with their level of effort.

Wow.

So, your position is, that if a small business is struggling to make a profit, and we cut their taxes, they will work harder. If we raise their taxes, they will work less. Making a profit has nothing to do with their level of effort.

Wow.

No...and to be frank with you...only one without a business mind would think that is what I meant.

Business minded folks know exactly what I meant...

So I will lay it out for you...

A business is at a crossroads....it has the receivables to survive and try to ride the storm.....or close up shop, live off the recievables and try something new whne it seems times are getting better...

If there is word that it will take LONGER to get things going as you will be taxxed MORE on every penny of profit made, you are more apt to cash out and wait.

Look.....back off....you are definitely oput of your league.....I belioeve you are learning a lot here...and I hope you are open minded allwoing yourself to learn.....but based on your posts you:

1) do not understand hoiw companies react in a recession
2) do not understand how com[anies plan for a recession
3) do not understand how business owners make major decisions during a recession

Your entire thought process is naive.....I hope you learn from this....for if you dont, you will fail if you ever try to open up a business.

Wow.

No...and to be frank with you...only one without a business mind would think that is what I meant.

A business is at a crossroads....it has the receivables to survive and try to ride the storm.....or close up shop, live off the recievables and try something new whne it seems times are getting better...

If there is word that it will take LONGER to get things going as you will be taxxed MORE on every penny of profit made, you are more apt to cash out and wait.

Look.....back off....you are definitely oput of your league.....I belioeve you are learning a lot here...and I hope you are open minded allwoing yourself to learn.....but based on your posts you:

3) do not understand how business owners make major decisions during a recession

Your entire thought process is naive.....I hope you learn from this....for if you dont, you will fail if you ever try to open up a business.

Your arrogance aside, I think you have clearly never ran a small business that you have poured your life into. Otherwise, you would not be so flippant about cashing out and waiting. Notwithstanding the fact that that move could be a huge loss for someone, it would also be that person giving up their livelihood. Who does that?

Maybe I don't know as much as some people here, but I do know that a small business owner will work hard and long to make a profit, whether that profit is taxed at 25%, 35% or 45%. To insinuate you can get them to work harder by lowering the taxes on their profits is not only arrogant and insulting, it's wrong.

In my relatively and increasingly long life now, I cannot recall a single time that raising government revenues resulted in less spending or any reduction in the national debt. Congress has consistently found something on which to spend every penny it receives, and when revenues are increasing, it generally sees that as license to borrow more too.

The only way we are going to rein in a runaway, ever growing, ever more intrusive, ever more authoritarian government is to reduce the amount that the President and Congress have to spend.

However, if we are going to raise taxes on anybody, let's don't do it on the few people who we need to hire people, grow businesses, and expand the economy. Let's do it on the almost 50% of working Americans who pay little or no federal taxes so that they also have a stake in tax policy and won't keep voting in ways that exempts them from any responsibility for that.

Wow.

Your arrogance aside, I think you have clearly never ran a small business that you have poured your life into. Otherwise, you would not be so flippant about cashing out and waiting. Notwithstanding the fact that that move could be a huge loss for someone, it would also be that person giving up their livelihood. Who does that?

Maybe I don't know as much as some people here, but I do know that a small business owner will work hard and long to make a profit, whether that profit is taxed at 25%, 35% or 45%. To insinuate you can get them to work harder by lowering the taxes on their profits is not only arrogant and insulting, it's wrong.

you just dont get it.
I will try one more time.

A major part of a business plan is net profit...and such is based on many factors INCLUDING taxes....
However, the business plan is dramatically affected by changes in two things:

1) PRESENT revenue
2) FUTURE expenses

your present revenue allows you to determine your ability to accept FUTURE expenses...

if present revenue is DOWN (as it is for moist now) and there is a concern of an increase in FUTURE EXPENSES (as is the topic of this thread)....some very difficult decisions must be made.

Now...as for me....

I had a business I sold back in 2002....
However, one of the divisions had existing recievables of over 100K but an anticipated INCREASE in expenses of nearly 15% (long story why, but trust me....it was real)...
SO I closed that division, took the recievables and invested it into my core business and made it sellable for a nice profit.

Otherwise, that 100K would have been used to keep the other division going...and with the increase in expenses, that 100K would have dwindled down to a constant 60K...assuming no decrease in business.....

Liste,,,thats how we business owners think....and those that dont?

They find themselves with nothing in the end.

Republicans need to agree with Obama on raising revenues. Yes, we do. Absolutley.

There's no doubt that we need to cut spending and raise revenues. Republicans need to educate Americans that the way America raises revenues is by a encouraging a growing economy.

We need to make it less expensive for business to operate:

Less Taxes

Less Regulations

Cheaper Energy

We need to agree on this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KatxaaIXuE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Sen Barrasso & Cantor on debt and tax loopholes‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back