Republicans need to agree with Obama

We also need to teach the importance of hard work, humility, integrity, thrift, time management, etc. Because through these principles and virtues we can build a strong economy.
I think Americans already know this. We just need to get rid of NAFTA and GATT. Neuter the Federal Reserve, Simplify the Tax Code and pare gov't down to a manageable size.

But this will be hard to do with Obama in office. And replacing him with Rick Perry isn't the solution either. Obama needs to be impeached. This will send a message to anyone else who wants to be President that we don't "suffer the fools" of wanna' be Kings lightly.

Massive debt
5 Wars
Justice Department running guns
Illegal aliens invading
Obama consolidating power for himself while Congress does nothing.

Obama won't listen, he needs to be removed.

The Republicans have shown that they want to do nothing but criticize. Someone has to take control

Republicans need to agree with Obama on raising revenues. Yes, we do. Absolutley.

There's no doubt that we need to cut spending and raise revenues. Republicans need to educate Americans that the way America raises revenues is by a encouraging a growing economy.

We need to make it less expensive for business to operate:

Less Taxes

Less Regulations

Cheaper Energy

We need to agree on this.

So how do you propose the government raises revenues without increasing taxes?

Republicans need to agree with Obama on raising revenues. Yes, we do. Absolutley.

Less Taxes

+1 for contradicting yourself.

On a side note, how does lowering taxes on profits make it less expensive to operate a business? Anyone?

Less Taxes

On a side note, how does lowering taxes on profits make it less expensive to operate a business? Anyone?

I think Frank is trying to be cute by playing word games.

Don't associate me with anyone but myself, lamebrain. Again, you have nothing to come back with so you post drivel.

Why is it so fucking hard for conservatives to realize that BALANCE is REASONABLE. For fuck's sake. You people prey to the altar of the rich so much it's ridiculous.

How about we spend less (see this is me agreeing with you, dumbass) and also tax more (more money coming in, dumbass).

Nah...instead like a whiny little baby you beat your chest and stop your foot.

Have fun in 2012 when your boring conservative candidates get beat AGAIN. I really want to vote for Ron Paul. But the majority of conservatives are too scared to actually give him the nomination.

here's the formula: Spend less = yes + Tax more = wrong in the trillion column + I have no patience to repeat myself countless times why raising taxes can only be suggested by a Failed Leader

Less Taxes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0qU74FcYzk]YouTube - ‪Aikido Demonstration - Tanto‬‏[/ame]

Note: That's Juba sensei, but that's not me as Uke, and yes -- that a real blade.

Last edited:
Sorry. The only responsible approach is to both LOWER spending and RAISE taxes. The legislature on both sides has piled up bills on the credit card...and now they're going to have to pay it off.

I am open to this IF in fact, there is a fair increase across the board and legitimate spending cuts...not token cuts

Republicans need to take a clue from Obama and start moving towards the MIDDLE. Stop this infantile stomping of feet and drawing lines in the sand. It's hilarious that partisan shills in this thread want to throw around grand theories and hackneyed platitudes. Sounds great on paper. The reality is, both sides have to give so that the entire country can GET MOVING.

I wish many on the left felt that way during the helathcare debate

De-Regulation? Seriously? Really? Yeah, let's just trust that self-interested big business is going to protect consumers and not trash the environment. NOT! Totally naive if you think that de-regulation is going to help EVERYWHERE. Are there some regulations that could be done away with? Of fucking course. See that's called compromise. It's called being realistic and reasonable. So meet me half way and say that in some places, the regulations in place are NOT ENOUGH!

Without many regulations, corporations will be kept in check by the public. With 24 hour news and investigative reporters looking to carve out a career and a name, corporations will not be as apt to do the wrong thing.

And as for consolidating power...you need to look at your boy Bush (yeah, that's right...I said Bush. Come back with your tired, stupid "Blame Booosh" meme. It just means you're an idiot if you do) who, under Cheney, thought that anything he did as the head Executive, was per se constitutional. (Hint: It wasn't). Need a link? Go google Frontline's Documentary "Cheney's Law". If you care about the Constitution, it will make you cry.

Sorry...I have no desire to get into the Bush debate anymore. He has not been in the white house for three years and it is getting old.

People with money are going to save their money until it seems safe to risk it on re-investment. I know, I own 3 businesses. I talk with other business owners. That's just reality.

I agree. As a business owner, and a business planner...this is exactly what is happeniong out there.

Another reality? Trickle-down doesn't work. If it did, the 40% of the Stimulus that was tax cuts would have amounted to some jobs
Huh? You answered that in your previous statement. Business owners, such as yourself, are not ready to re-invest. Too much crap out there right now..."business is bad" rhetoric...and cap and trade rhetoric...and unstable oil situation...."worst recession since the great depression" rhetoric....healthcare costs to the employer rising....debtr creating a world economy crisis.....

My responses in red....but I must say...you are too good a poster to contradict yourself like you did with your last two points.

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0qU74FcYzk]YouTube - ‪Aikido Demonstration - Tanto‬‏[/ame]

Like I thought. Frank isn't interested in rational discussion. He just wants to play games.

There's no doubt that we need to cut spending and raise revenues. Republicans need to educate Americans that the way America raises revenues is by a encouraging a growing economy.

Less Taxes

Less Regulations

Cheaper Energy

Same way it did under Presidents Harding, Coolidge, Kennedy and Reagan.

Less Taxes

Less Regulations

Cheaper Energy

How about you give specifics applicable to today.

Less Taxes

Less Regulations

Cheaper Energy

eliminate "fear" for corporations to re-invest will create jobs and thus more revenue.

Sure, you can argue it wont happen...but we can argue it will....but the bottom line, that is how those on our side of the aisle think.

I have no patience to repeat myself countless times why raising taxes can only be suggested by a Failed Leader

Then perhaps you'd like to explain at least one time, how lowering taxes on profits makes it less expensive to operate a business?

Review a business plan...any business plan...and your question will be answered.

Company A spends $500K to make widgets that it can sell for $600K. Profit of $100K that is taxed at 25%.

Economic recession and sales slow and revenue drops. So then ...

Company A spends $500K to make widgets that it can sell now for only $500K. Profit of $0 taxed at 25%.

So now, explain to us all, how cutting Company A's taxes to 10% will magically make the company less expensive to operate and how it will promote job growth at this company.

Take my business....

Assume this:

I do not need to worry about the following:

1) an increase in operating costs due to cap and trade
2) an increase in operating costs due to an extension of UI
3) an increase in operating costs due to an increase in corporate taxes

Now assume this:

I have a net profit of 100K after my salary and after my distribution

If I declare it as a profit and take it out, I am taxed on it losing 35K.

If I reinvest it back into my company and hire an employee to conduct sales, I have generated a tax write off and opened the door to increasing business.

We can quibble over the specifics but:

Drop Capital Gains tax to 5%

Drop tax on US multinationals down to 5% on any monies earned overseas and returned to the US

Eliminate Obama Care in favor of the WholeFoods recommendations

I'd like a 2 year tax moratorium on any new real business, but I'm a dreamer

Robust domestic drilling all fast tracked including fast tracking of all nuclear energy plants

Forum List

Back