Republicans' incredible capacity for virtue

I just told you.
No, see, this is the problem - and it's a republican phenomenon - you're misremembering. You never talked about how to ascertain the truth, but only told me Democrat votes should go extinct and that I'm wrong.

Generally speaking, can't reality be ascertained through careful fact-checking, reliance on fact-checked sources for information, and heavy scrutiny of public figures?

To give an example, Fox News has been revealed as of yesterday to have based its election fraud claims all on testimony of a woman who believed she was a time traveler. Can you see for instance how belief in being a time traveler reduces one's credibility and the chance that they live in reality?

Yes, agreed on all counts. The question is how might Republicans ever have a change of heart? I've seen some videos of far right people breaking down and crying when they got to know some of the people they professed to hate for example, and realized that they themselves were the problem. It's clear that, given how deeply entrenched in hate, lies, and vitriol they are, realizing their faults at this stage can only be an extremely difficult, painful process.

Consider how difficult it would be to recognize how many covid deaths resulted from republican covid denialism for instance. Or child deaths from firearms. Republicans are in a denialist war with so many realities at once but eventually reality will have to win- the hope is just that Republicans don't destroy everything in the process.
It takes just a smidge of actual courage.

There are few elected Republicans with the courage to stand up to the hatred, anger, and lies.

Translation:
”How dare these core Americans try to preserve and protect America’s founding values and principles….how dare they create a society that lives by a moral order, one that believes men butt-fucking is unconventional, abnormal, indecent and immoral…how dare these moral bastards value America’s right to sovereignty, how dare they create standards and normalities for society….how dare they build the greatest nation on the globe and pillar it with their moral ideologies.”
Do you hear how fucking retarded you two fools sound?

Hahahaha…this shit is hilarious though….please carry on….DO NOT STOP THE COMEDY ACT…..please!
Translation requires comprehension. Comprehension requires intellect.
You poop throwers need neither.
All you need is poop.

No

Democrats are absolutely my and all of decent society's enemy.

not in dispute.
Come on. Fox News and everyone just stirred you up and they've been lying to your face. Trump does nothing but lie. They just want you angry. There's no actual reason to be angry.

Come on. Fox News and everyone just stirred you up and they've been lying to your face. Trump does nothing but lie. They just want you angry. There's no actual reason to be angry.

My beliefs have nothing to do with President Trump.
The Democrats have been my enemy since I starting voting in 1978.

I realize that the left needs to be told what to think and believe, very few Conservatives need that.
We have a little thing called core values.

My beliefs have nothing to do with President Trump.
The Democrats have been my enemy since I starting voting in 1978.

I realize that the left needs to be told what to think and believe, very few Conservatives need that.
We have a little thing called core values.

Is it enough just to be told what you want to hear? By a news agency thats been caught lying to Republicans continuously and by a pathological liar billionaire? He is clinically a pathological liar - he tells six times the average amount of lies of a normal person. You really want THAT as your standard bearer? Doesn't he gross you out?

Why not just stop being so dang angry, I mean really.

Is it enough just to be told what you want to hear? By a news agency thats been caught lying to Republicans continuously and by a pathological liar billionaire? He is clinically a pathological liar - he tells six times the average amount of lies of a normal person. You really want THAT as your standard bearer? Doesn't he gross you out?

Why not just stop being so dang angry, I mean really.

Two (2) things.
Literally not one word that you wrote is true.
I'm not angry.

Two (2) things.
Literally not one word that you wrote is true.
I'm not angry.
Straight from Tucker Carlson's phone from affer the election with enough evidence to hold up in court:

"I hate him (Trump) passionately." "There is really no upside to him." "We are very close to being able to ignore him most nights [and] I can't wait." - Tucker Carlson's scorn for Trump revealed in defamation lawsuit filings

That same night he praised Trump and touted his election lies, which stem from a woman who believed she was a time traveler - which also holds up in court.

Oh and trumps 30,573 lies over 4 years:

Does any of this bother you or do you just really want to be lied to?

Straight from Tucker Carlson's phone from affer the election with enough evidence to hold up in court:

"I hate him (Trump) passionately." "There is really no upside to him." "We are very close to being able to ignore him most nights [and] I can't wait." - Tucker Carlson's scorn for Trump revealed in defamation lawsuit filings

That same night he praised Trump and touted his election lies, which stem from a woman who believed she was a time traveler - which also holds up in court.

Oh and trumps 30,573 lies over 4 years:

Does any of this bother you or do you just really want to be lied to?

Explain how you think that I am being lied to
and follow up with why it matters to you.

Explain how you think that I am being lied to
and follow up with why it matters to you.
Do you watch Fox News? Do you listen to Trump speak? You're listening to court-documented serial liars tell you an election was stolen, vaccines will kill you, January 6 was paid actors - or was it a peaceful protest now? - and either way isnt it depressing to know you're just buying a fantasy? It won't last. What will you do then?

Consider the following analogy - you have a herd of elephants and a herd of donkeys, and both are trying to find a watering hole where they can rest and settle. Now, the donkeys are much closer to the watering hole, but they're lost in the woods. The elephants, on the other hand, found a road which leads there - however, they've been charging down it in the wrong direction.

Were the elephants to realize their misdirection, correct their course, and simply do the exact opposite of what they'd been doing, they would reach their destination in no time, quickly leap-frogging the much-closer donkeys. Why? Because the way isn't as clear-cut for the donkeys.

To bring the analogy back home, while democrats have progressed to the general area of virtuousness - of compassion, charitableness, acceptance, honesty, rationality - they're too lost in tangential trailblazing to gain much momentum. Republicans, on the other hand, have headed dead south on a road they need to go north on, and would just have to make the simple switch from pure fiction to pure facts, from pure hatred to pure love, from pure anger to pure patience, pure vengefulness to pure forgiveness, pure evasiveness to pure accountability.

Things are so much less black and white for democrats, and for that reason I think Republicans could astound the world and, with just a simple turnaround, put democrats to shame by becoming skilled at soul-searching, at admitting their faults, and at becoming humble and good - surely something we all strive for.
Interesting post. What prompted it?

Interesting post. What prompted it?
I was thinking of clips I'd seen where Republicans come face to face with people they professed to hate and had a hard turnaround. Clips like this guy who hated Muslims breaking down crying after befriending some, and his line, "What was going on with the world today...I was the problem." :

Or this guy who hated immigrants breaking up and crying when he was put in a room with a Hispanic person and he saw he was just another person (from netflix special Derren Brown: Sacrifice):

I feel like I've seen other documentaries and social-experiment-type videos where really hate-consumed people have some sort of major turnaround. Republicans have been digging themselves in pretty deep with all the intense hatred so I'd think it'd take a huge painful confronting of that, and it wouldn't be easy, but a turnaround's possible.

I was thinking of clips I'd seen where Republicans come face to face with people they professed to hate and had a hard turnaround. Clips like this guy who hated Muslims breaking down crying after befriending some, and his line, "What was going on with the world today...I was the problem." :

Or this guy who hated immigrants breaking up and crying when he was put in a room with a Hispanic person and he saw he was just another person (from netflix special Derren Brown: Sacrifice):

I feel like I've seen other documentaries and social-experiment-type videos where really hate-consumed people have some sort of major turnaround. Republicans have been digging themselves in pretty deep with all the intense hatred so I'd think it'd take a huge painful confronting of that, and it wouldn't be easy, but a turnaround's possible.

Why do you think so many self-professed Christians are so hateful?

Why do you think so many self-professed Christians are so hateful?
Well on that, from what I've read in the new and old testament I don't think Christianity is such a great ideology even at its core...it encourages hating a lot of different types of people, ideas, and even proclaims that God himself hates a number of things so it hardly discourages hate.

Forum List

Back