Republicans, I have a feeling...

most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

basically hes just saying, like many democrats, im okay with the government telling me how to live, but to make things legal and fair im just not comfortable with that, I really just wnat to be told what to do and let the people break laws if they so wish.

That's not what your goal is, and you know it.

The goal is to prevent illegals from voting. I think everyone knows that.

You don't believe we should have and enforce minimum eligibility requirements to vote which would prevent this.

We get it.

Fortunately, few agree with you, because it is a position taken out of ignorance and lack of logic.

The goal is to keep poor people from voting. We get that. Everyone knows that.

And the courts will strike these laws down...

how does it stop poor people from voting im poor i can still get an ID and vote.

most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

I find it hard to believe U.S. citizens working abroad don't have an ID to use if they happen to be home for an election. Heck, they have to have passports to travel internationally, likely have driver's licenses from their home state, etc.

yawn, guy, your needle is stuck....

I love the smell of toasted Libtard in the morning!

LOL

Frankly, you never made your main point, so you went into a bunch of pointless hypotheticals.

Fact- there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud. Bush tried for five years and couldn't find it any more than he found weapons of mass destruction.

Oh, wait, you probalby think those are real, too.

Hey, I think I found one of your fraudulent voters..

Smalfut.jpg

Idiot...and I say that in the most personal way possible....

There were a thousand over votes in the 2004 governors race.. That was from one county.

It is idiots like you that makes my decision to not join republicans brilliant.

nice to meet you as well.

Anyways, a CAC, Common Access Card. Now you tell me tell what sort of power output a FPQ-15 radar kicks out. I bet good money you have no idea.

Also, im not in the military, I merely help them when they need me. I specialize in radar theory mainly. I also train USMC boys at 29 palms in radar theory and component level maintenance. My main job is to help support and maintain eastern range radar systems, especially on Ascension Island.

For example, we had a mission a few years back and I had to get to Ascension. I dont like the USAF plane that goes there once a week so I had my company pay for me to fly to the UK then hop on a RAF plane that took me to Ascension.

Many of us take voting on the main land as a privileged in this world we work in. so might do you good to stop assuming.

back to the topic at hand. Does common sense not say we should be making voting easier for all, not more difficult? Just seems this voting ID business has horrid timing to be honest. What am I missing here, I would figure this is a no brainer.

nice to meet you as well.

Anyways, a CAC, Common Access Card. Now you tell me tell what sort of power output a FPQ-15 radar kicks out. I bet good money you have no idea.

Also, im not in the military, I merely help them when they need me. I specialize in radar theory mainly. I also train USMC boys at 29 palms in radar theory and component level maintenance. My main job is to help support and maintain eastern range radar systems, especially on Ascension Island.

For example, we had a mission a few years back and I had to get to Ascension. I dont like the USAF plane that goes there once a week so I had my company pay for me to fly to the UK then hop on a RAF plane that took me to Ascension.

Many of us take voting on the main land as a privileged in this world we work in. so might do you good to stop assuming.

back to the topic at hand. Does common sense not say we should be making voting easier for all, not more difficult? Just seems this voting ID business has horrid timing to be honest. What am I missing here, I would figure this is a no brainer.

I will help you self-discover this, but I am guessing you won't answer the simple, direct question just Like ever other intellectually dishonest Leftist in the thread.

Should a 15 year old be allowed to vote?

no a 15 year old should not be able to vote.

again, I ask, why is voting not being made more efficient and easier for the hard working American people. Now you and I, we both have ID's, im just a bit concerned about people like my mom who just does not pay attention to these laws. She lives in FL.

And the timing is a bit dicey at best. Could this have not been looked at post the November election? I think you would find a far more bipartisan approach, from both parties.

no a 15 year old should not be able to vote.

again, I ask, why is voting not being made more efficient and easier for the hard working American people. Now you and I, we both have ID's, im just a bit concerned about people like my mom who just does not pay attention to these laws. She lives in FL.

And the timing is a bit dicey at best. Could this have not been looked at post the November election? I think you would find a far more bipartisan approach, from both parties.

Excellent. Then you agree there needs to be an enforcement of minimum voting standards, which can only be done thru ID.

Welcome to the vast majority of opinion.

dude, you just put words in my mouth. lol

how does 15, 16, or 22 have to do with any of this. You register to vote like we have for centuries (well, close to one century)! That's what I did my senior year of HS and I have this really cool Voting card in my wallet. What more should I need? for you to assume anything else is just adding to the already hefty voting system.

Last edited:
dude, you just put words in my mouth. lol

how does 15, 16, or 22 have to do with any of this. You register to vote like we have for centuries (well, close to one century)! That's what I did my senior year of HS and I have this really cool Voting card in my wallet. What more should I need? for you to assume anything else is just adding to the already hefty voting system.

You have admitted that a minimum standard of identification enforcement is required for fair and honest election.

America agrees with you.

so you agree, as long as I have my issued Voter card everyone is good to go?

wait, where the F did Cigs and booze come into this chit chat sir? last I checked we were talking about voter ID. As I was saying, you register to vote and receive a official card that you hold onto till he time comes to show up at your designated voting establishment. Why should I need more since I did register. Also, to add more stipulations is just adding more bureaucracy to the system. why would you do that?

wait, where the F did Cigs and booze come into this chit chat sir? last I checked we were talking about voter ID. As I was saying, you register to vote and receive a official card that you hold onto till he time comes to show up at your designated voting establishment. Why should I need more since I did register. Also, to add more stipulations is just adding more bureaucracy to the system. why would you do that?

What we are talking about is minimum identification to prove if you are who you say you are.

Is a voter ID card the minimum acceptable identification to buy a car, or not?

What we are talking about is minimum identification to prove if you are who you say you are.

is that not what registration is for?

What does-buying a car have to do with your right to vote as an American? No ID should be required, just your voting card, that's why you have one.

If you want to change that, then do away with the card and make it all about one ID. Cool. But not this close to an election. you would be pulling the rug on some Americans. Now why would you want to do that?

is that not what registration is for?

What does-buying a car have to do with your right to vote as an American? No ID should be required, just your voting card, that's why you have one.

If you want to change that, then do away with the card and make it all about one ID. Cool. But not this close to an election. you would be pulling the rug on some Americans. Now why would you want to do that?

Excellent.

You now agree the Pennsylvania vote ID law is 'cool.' America agrees with your conclusion.

You believe it is being implemented too close to the election, which is a different issue.

right, we do agree, its not a bad idea. However, for this election, why would you change the law right before the biggest election in years.

Are you suggesting you are fine with having American citizens not being able to vote because of a late law change, you really think that's a good idea? It seems a lot of people would be turned home and the next POTUS would not be elected by We the People.

right, we do agree, its not a bad idea. However, for this election, why would you change the law right before the biggest election in years.

Are you suggesting you are fine with having American citizens not being able to vote because of a late law change, you really think that's a good idea? It seems a lot of people would be turned home and the next POTUS would not be elected by We the People.

The Pennsylvania voter ID law was passed in March.

Your argument seems to be that 8 months is not enough time for voters to acquire proper identification.

That is a reasonable argument.

Your argument seems to be that 8 months is not enough time for voters to acquire proper identification.

anyways, again, you have pulled the conversation in some other direction.

If a American Citizen has a voter card and is on the roster at his or her election center, then the voting should commence. why should it be any other way.

Sure, some change never hurts but would you not want your aw maker to have a good debate and allow the electorate to make their own mind up, like we do in a Democracy. Voting is one of the few things that I hold near and dear. These laws are shady, and if you cant see that....

anyways, again, you have pulled the conversation in some other direction.

If a American Citizen has a voter card and is on the roster at his or her election center, then the voting should commence. why should it be any other way.

Sure, some change never hurts but would you not want your aw maker to have a good debate and allow the electorate to make their own mind up, like we do in a Democracy. Voting is one of the few things that I hold near and dear. These laws are shady, and if you cant see that....

Because, and I will attempt to dumb this down for you, the voting ID laws being implemented around the nation are just updating the minimum 21st century personal identification standards used throughout society in EVERY OTHER FUNCTION AND PRIVLEDGE WE PARTICIPATE IN WHERE A PERSON'S IDENTITY MATTERS.

Actually, it is a 20th century standard, by I digress.

Forum List

Back