Republicans come up with ingenious new way to kill poor people!

Yanno..............the GOP is starting to panic because of their opposition to the ACA (aka Obamacare), because they see that getting rid of it is gonna not only cost them a whole bunch of voters, but it is also going to put this country deeper in debt.

And it's all because of the repeal of ACA.

Great idea. Now doctors can tell which patients are going to be payment disasters and avoid them at all costs.
basing that on what, exactly? private insurers don't pay on policies purchased through the exchange? your blue cross policy through your employer will pay differently than the same policy bought by an individual on an exchange?

how do you reach your conclusion that the exchange policies will be 'payment disasters?'

if i was a dr, I would never TOUCH a Medicare, Medicaid or obamacare case. You KNOW you're going to do a lot of work for which you won't be paid, with such patients. the gov't only pays for the initial work, all the required followup is on YOU. So to hell with them.

if i was a dr, I would never TOUCH a Medicare, Medicaid or obamacare case. You KNOW you're going to do a lot of work for which you won't be paid, with such patients. the gov't only pays for the initial work, all the required followup is on YOU. So to hell with them.
You would have no idea which patient was an "obamacare" patient because those patients have private insurance coverage with the same companies that provide group coverage. And if you refused to treat medicare or medicaid patients, you would be only hurting yourself as that is a significant % of the patients you would see.

The GOP is quietly celebrating today now that SCOTUS has found the ACA to be legal.

If they would have found it to be unconstitutional, it would have wiped out the health care for over 6 million people.

Interestingly enough, all the doom and gloom that the GOP said was going to happen hasn't.

Health insurance companies have seen an increase in their stock. More healthcare jobs have been created, both in the medical fields and in the insurance fields. Health care costs have risen at a much LOWER rate than they have in years, and more people have coverage now.

2016 is gonna be interesting, especially since the GOP is still talking about getting rid of the ACA, and if they keep up with it, they're gonna lose because people like having coverage, and over 6 million voters could have a significant impact on the election if it's a question of them continuing to have health care or not.

State Senate approves 'Scarlet Letter' bill for Obamacare clients

State Senate approves Scarlet Letter bill for Obamacare clients - Houston Chronicle

The Texas Senate on Tuesday evening approved a bill that would require insurance identification cards purchased through the health insurance marketplace to bear the letters QHP, for qualified health plan. The bill now heads to Gov. Greg Abbott, who is expected to sign it, and would take effect on Sept. 1.

The only accurate way to determine a patient's eligibility, he said, is to call the insurance company.
"An excess of 99 percent of all physician front offices do this for all patients every day," Janda said. "This is not adding a burden."

"I think that this is a sad day for the medical profession to use the Legislature to create a class on an insurance cards that is not required by the federal government or anyone else but is put in place because of the narrowness and some would say the greed of people in the medical profession," he said. "It really doesn't speak well of Texas."

Notice, from the Houston Chronicle, hardly a liberal paper.

The uninsured has dropped by a third in Texas. Republicans are hoping to "shame them away" from getting heath care. In other words, "Let Them Die".

Hey, it's Texas.
OMGthis white white 20 something year old came over to my house and started telling me how he liked Donald came in about Barack Hussein Obama possibly being a Muslim sympathizer or terrorist? It was so funny. he was trying to blame Obama for some trade deal that's going on fast tracking it giving him too much power it was so obvious he was listening to some radio show or right winger somewhere. and how he's nervous about Obama and what he'll do his last days in office. a couple of things he said made it obvious he was anti Democrat because of race. a couple times he said black people this or black people that so I knew what his agenda was. Anyways I cut him off and said let me just explain one thing to you. If you're not rich you should not be voting Republican they don't give a damn about you. They don't want you to make more money they don't want you becoming rich and becoming one of them they want you to stay a pawn.

I asked him would you rather work for a company with the CEO made 1 million and you made 80,000 or would you rather work for a company where the CEO made 10 million and you made 50. if you'd rather work for the company that pays you $80,000 then you're a Democrat.

Forum List

Back