Republicans come up with ingenious new way to kill poor people!

R

rdean

State Senate approves 'Scarlet Letter' bill for Obamacare clients

State Senate approves Scarlet Letter bill for Obamacare clients - Houston Chronicle

The Texas Senate on Tuesday evening approved a bill that would require insurance identification cards purchased through the health insurance marketplace to bear the letters QHP, for qualified health plan. The bill now heads to Gov. Greg Abbott, who is expected to sign it, and would take effect on Sept. 1.

The only accurate way to determine a patient's eligibility, he said, is to call the insurance company.
"An excess of 99 percent of all physician front offices do this for all patients every day," Janda said. "This is not adding a burden."

"I think that this is a sad day for the medical profession to use the Legislature to create a class on an insurance cards that is not required by the federal government or anyone else but is put in place because of the narrowness and some would say the greed of people in the medical profession," he said. "It really doesn't speak well of Texas."

Notice, from the Houston Chronicle, hardly a liberal paper.

The uninsured has dropped by a third in Texas. Republicans are hoping to "shame them away" from getting heath care. In other words, "Let Them Die".

Hey, it's Texas.

Yanno..............that is gonna be a huge waste of money for the VA, because medical coverage under the VA IS ACA approved, and I verified that myself when I got a letter from the Navy telling me this.

There are no markings on my VA card that says QHP.

Yet another example of how the Republicans can fuck things up.

Rderp give a better link.

Not signing up for that shit to read it
I'm sorry, when I posted that link from the conservative Houston Chronicle, you didn't need to sign in to read it. Guess they realized how that article could hurt the GOP. Most poor people don't own subscriptions to conservative papers.

Here is a Google search. You can pick out your own "link" since there are so many and I understand that Republicans are only spoon fed info. They have too much to do than to go look stuff up, the ones that know how I mean:

texas put scarlet letter on obamacare - Google Search

From that search:

Tea Party Patriots News Briefing for Friday May 22

Survey finds 3 out of 4 satisfied with their ObamaCare plans

Now that's hilarious. Especially coming from the Tea Party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are such remarks in keeping with the stated objective of this forum?
If it's true it is. And it is indeed true. What else would Republicans try to scare poor people away from getting health care that could save their lives?

State Senate approves Scarlet Letter bill for Obamacare clients - Houston Chronicle

The Texas Senate on Tuesday evening approved a bill that would require insurance identification cards purchased through the health insurance marketplace to bear the letters QHP, for qualified health plan. The bill now heads to Gov. Greg Abbott, who is expected to sign it, and would take effect on Sept. 1.

The only accurate way to determine a patient's eligibility, he said, is to call the insurance company.
"An excess of 99 percent of all physician front offices do this for all patients every day," Janda said. "This is not adding a burden."

"I think that this is a sad day for the medical profession to use the Legislature to create a class on an insurance cards that is not required by the federal government or anyone else but is put in place because of the narrowness and some would say the greed of people in the medical profession," he said. "It really doesn't speak well of Texas."

The uninsured has dropped by a third in Texas. Republicans are hoping to "shame them away" from getting heath care. In other words, "Let Them Die".

Hey, it's Texas.

You're just an idiot.

Hey, it's Texas.

LOL..The Chronicle is about as left as you can get.
In the old days we had the Post and the Chronicle. The Post was liberal as hell and the Chronicle was more conservative.
The Chronicle eventually put the liberal Post out of business....and then promptly went leftist. Which is why they're barely holding on in Houston.

Hey, it's Texas.

In the old days we had the Post and the Chronicle. The Post was liberal as hell and the Chronicle was more conservative.
The Chronicle eventually put the liberal Post out of business....and then promptly went leftist. Which is why they're barely holding on in Houston.
Why would they go left if they were able to put a left leaning paper out of business? You sure you've thought this through?

Hey, it's Texas.

You're just an idiot.
When Republicans finally admit you are right, can't prove otherwise and they are asswipes, they say "You're just an idiot". All I can be is "humble".

Hey, it's Texas.

Why would they go left if they were able to put a left leaning paper out of business? You sure you've thought this through?

You simpleton...they wanted to be left all along but they knew that to run the Post out of town they had to go conservative.
I've read Houston newspapers for forty years,the idea that you think you can educate me on the subject is ludicrous and typical Rderp form.

Hey, it's Texas.

You simpleton...they wanted to be left all along but they knew that to run the Post out of town they had to go conservative.
I've read Houston newspapers for forty years,the idea that you think you can educate me on the subject is ludicrous and typical Rderp form.
So, you expect us to believe that a paper went hard right to take down a leftest paper and then turned leftest when a leftest paper is so easily defeated? How can that be anything but stupid?
This is what you get for even suggesting something so inane:
will-grace-slap-o.gif

Notice that USMB Republicans never talk about their own health care plan? Guess "let him die" is just too embarrassing, even to them.

What will the GOP do if 19 million lose their health care? If they cared I mean. I bet more than half of those are Republican.

Forum List

Back