Republican politicians lie when they say they want to stop deficit spending

To do this would require radical cuts in either the military, social security, or Medicare, possibly in all 3.
Wrong again......discretionary spending...do you understand? Discretionary spending means shit that is nice to have but in some cases not really necessary....i.e. PORK!!!!!!!!!!

READ THE FUCKING POSTS PRIOR TO YOURS.

2/3 of the Budget is made up of Military Spending, Social Security, Medicare and Interest on pre-existing debt..

The deficit is equal to 40% of the budget.

Now, you could eliminate the entire government, and live in anarchy, with no roads, no disaster relief, no unemployment, etc, etc...

AND YOU WOULD STILL HAVE TO CUT SOME OF THE ABOVE PROGRAMS.

"PORK" makes up .6% of the budget.

Learn to do math.

And "discretionary spending" is "discretionary", because the Government is not legally bound to spend it. It includes things like Roads, schools, emergency medical care at disaster sites, the legislative branch, the judiciary, etc, etc.

OK. Here is where I slam YOUR STUPID FUCKING ASS INTO THE EARTH AND STOMP A MUDHOLE INTO THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD!!!!!!
File:U.S. Federal Spending - FY 2007.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2/3rds eh...
Let me put this in big letters so you get the message loud and clear...

You are a fricken dumb ass TROLL!!!

In what way, specifically, did the democrats decide to "spend more"?

You mean to fund this year's budget at about the same level of the previous year? That would be "spending the same".
That is the kind of jackass politicized doublespeak which gets the country into debt.
The vote was whether to increase the national debt ceiling. One party, the Democrats voted overwhelmingly YES while the other, the Republicans voted no.
Or this more Obama using the Blame Bush defense?

Realize who you are debating with.....a member of the Jackass Party.

Annual U.S. spending 1934-2006 with adjustment for inflation.2011 United States federal budget - $3.83 trillion (submitted 2010 by President Obama)
2010 United States federal budget - $3.55 trillion (submitted 2009 by President Obama)
2009 United States federal budget - $3.10 trillion (submitted 2008 by President Bush)
2008 United States federal budget - $2.90 trillion (submitted 2007 by President Bush)
2007 United States federal budget - $2.77 trillion (submitted 2006 by President Bush)
2006 United States federal budget - $2.7 trillion (submitted 2005 by President Bush)
2005 United States federal budget - $2.4 trillion (submitted 2004 by President Bush)
2004 United States federal budget - $2.3 trillion (submitted 2003 by President Bush)
2003 United States federal budget - $2.2 trillion (submitted 2002 by President Bush)
2002 United States federal budget - $2.0 trillion (submitted 2001 by President Bush)
2001 United States federal budget - $1.9 trillion (submitted 2000 by President Clinton)
2000 United States federal budget - $1.8 trillion (submitted 1999 by President Clinton)
1999 United States federal budget - $1.7 trillion (submitted 1998 by President Clinton)
1998 United States federal budget - $1.7 trillion (submitted 1997 by President Clinton)
1997 United States federal budget - $1.63 trillion (submitted 1996 by President Clinton)
1996 United States federal budget - $1.6 trillion (submitted 1995 by President Clinton)
The President's budget also contains revenue and spending projections for the current fiscal year, the coming fiscal years, as well as several future fiscal years. In recent years, the President's budget contained projections five years into the future. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) issues a "Budget and Economic Outlook" each January and an analysis of the President's budget each March. CBO also issues an updated budget and economic outlook in August.

Actual budget data for prior years is available from the Congressional Budget Office [83] and from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)[84].

Doesn't look like Obama is doing anything to curb spending....he's another Bush but 10 times worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_budget

It's people like VLWC who want to cut defense spending while the country is involved in 2 wars that is responsible for the attacks that happen on U.S. assets around the world and here at home.

Burying your head in the sand doesn't make the terrorists go away or make us any more safe. The sooner you idiots realize this the better off you'll be.

and if there are any budget cuts it should be ACROSS THE BOARD with the exception of SS and Medicare.

It's people like VLWC who want to cut defense spending while the country is involved in 2 wars that is responsible for the attacks that happen on U.S. assets around the world and here at home.
//
LMAO, just read what that statement says.

I have always said that our iraq invasion was responsible for generating more terrorism. I am suprised that a rightie would agree though.

Last edited:
//

I have always said that our iraq invasion was responsible for generating more terrorism. I am suprised that a rightie would agree though.

Perhaps in your own convoluted logic that's the way you interpret it but the reality is this...when you cut defense spending you weaken the country and allow us to be attacked. That's what I said.

In the history of this country, nobody has embraced deficit spending like the Republicans

February 04, 2010 Roll call number 48 in the House Question On Adoption of the second portion of the divided question: H J RES 45 Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act

Ayes: 233 (Democrat: 233; Republican: 0)
Nays: 187 (Democrat: 16; Republican: 171)
Abstained: 14 (Democrat: 8; Republican: 6)

House Roll Call #48 Details - OpenCongress

Republican politicians vote against pay as you go. They apparently like deficit spending.

Right wing sheep - stop believing their lies. They aren't trying to balance the budget. They vote against it.

They are hypocrites and liars.

Progressives are progressive no matter if they are a Jackass or an Elephant. (democrat or republican)

VOTE EM OUT!!!!

//

Perhaps in your own convoluted logic that's the way you interpret it but the reality is this...when you cut defense spending you weaken the country and allow us to be attacked. That's what I said.

The United States spends more than the rest of the world combined on "Defense" spending.

We spend 6 times as much as our closest competitor, China.

We have enough Nuclear weapons to obliterate every nation on the face of the planet.

Most of our military funding goes into programs that will not be of any use in fighting terrorism, which is our main focus at the moment.

So, who exactly do you propose the bulk of our Defense spending is protecting us from?

Your problem is that you simply assume that the US acting as policeman for the rest of the world is somehow "protecting us from attack". I disagree.

I feel that we can certainly make major cuts to our military spending with little to no difference in how strong our own actual defense is. I'm quite sure that many people would agree with me.

//

The United States spends more than the rest of the world combined on "Defense" spending.

We have enough Nuclear weapons to obliterate every nation on the face of the planet.

Most of our military funding goes into programs that will not be of any use in fighting terrorism, which is our main focus at the moment.

So, who exactly do you propose the bulk of our Defense spending is protecting us from?

Your problem is that you simply assume that the US acting as policeman for the rest of the world is somehow "protecting us from attack". I disagree.

I feel that we can certainly make major cuts to our military spending with little to no difference in how strong our own actual defense is. I'm quite sure that many people would agree with me.

we are obviously one of the most afraid nations on earth?

In what way, specifically, did the democrats decide to "spend more"?

You mean to fund this year's budget at about the same level of the previous year? That would be "spending the same".
That is the kind of jackass politicized doublespeak which gets the country into debt.
The vote was whether to increase the national debt ceiling. One party, the Democrats voted overwhelmingly YES while the other, the Republicans voted no.
Or this more Obama using the Blame Bush defense?

The Republicans voted "yes" on the exact same thing while they were in the majority.

It's not "political doublespeak" at all, it's the cold hard truth.

I refer you to the earlier posts in the thread, where it was pointed out that even if you cut the deficit by 75%, which would require spending cuts in Social Security, Medicare and the Military, you would still need to raise the debt ceiling.

The only "political doublespeak" here is from Republicans who are claiming that we can in fact continue without raising the debt ceiling, and not pointing out the cuts that would need to be made in order to do so.

This has nothing to do with Bush, so the whole "Blame Bush" talking point that your using doesn't even apply. This has to do with mathematical realities.

we are obviously one of the most afraid nations on earth?

Nope. But we are definitely the one nation on Earth than only the religious wacko crazies would dare attack. And we are the one nation on Earth that has enough clout to ensure nobody with a real army will attack those nations we are allied with too. And that is probably why there isn't even a possibility, much less probability of a WWIII at this time. But there almost certainly will be if some of the numbnuts get their way and demand that we unilaterally disarm.

Nope. But we are definitely the one nation on Earth than only the religious wacko crazies would dare attack. And we are the one nation on Earth that has enough clout to ensure nobody with a real army will attack those nations we are allied with too. And that is probably why there isn't even a possibility, much less probability of a WWIII at this time. But there almost certainly will be if some of the numbnuts get their way and demand that we unilaterally disarm.

Yeah, I would never, ever suggest that we unilaterally disarm, in any circumstance.

I was simply suggesting that if we spent, perhaps 3 times as much as China, instead of 6 times, that we would still be safe.

Call me crazy...

Yeah, I would never, ever suggest that we unilaterally disarm, in any circumstance.

I was simply suggesting that if we spent, perhaps 3 times as much as China, instead of 6 times, that we would still be safe.

Call me crazy...

We are already stretched painfully thin just handing Afghanistan and Iraq. Yes, we could ease that a bit but only a bit and cut expenses by pulling troops out of Korea, Germany, Japan, Cuba and other places we have small units stashed, but the presence of those bases and our ability to use them whenever needed is also part of a significant deterrant.

There is a tremendous amount of waste and corruption in the entire defense complex as well as in many other areas of the Federal government, and yes, that should be addressed. I think a conservative with a mandate from a Tea Party/Tax Protester/Reformer minded constituency is much more likely to tackle that problem than a liberal will be, however.

It's not "political doublespeak" at all, it's the cold hard truth.

I refer you to the earlier posts in the thread, where it was pointed out that even if you cut the deficit by 75%, which would require spending cuts in Social Security, Medicare and the Military, you would still need to raise the debt ceiling.
This has to do with mathematical realities.
Clever abuse of the language
"Cut the deficit by 75% and you still" blah blah blah.
How about "Cut Spending by X%" where X is chosen in such a way as to eliminate the deficit altogether.
You know fiscal responsibility - the change people hoped for.
But of course cutting spending would not allow the democrats to buy enough votes.
Finally recall it was a Democratic congress which pushed though the 2008 and 2009 budgets, so they can take the fall for those numbers.

Forum List

Back