Republican party is now the party of aging baby boomers and above

R

rdean

who are looking for government programs in their later years like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. While ideologically they may be in agreement with their party in theory in areas like the size of government over wasteful programs. Their self interests make them defend “their programs” or entitlements that serve their demographic age group.

Republican party demographics against ideology? | Intellectual Bubblegum - Media and Media Analysis

During the next election, after the Republican Primaries, I suspect the truth will come out. The Republican leadership will have to explain what it is they want to do to their base. Possible a new "Contract ON America"?

who are looking for government programs in their later years like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. While ideologically they may be in agreement with their party in theory in areas like the size of government over wasteful programs. Their self interests make them defend “their programs” or entitlements that serve their demographic age group.

Republican party demographics against ideology? | Intellectual Bubblegum - Media and Media Analysis

During the next election, after the Republican Primaries, I suspect the truth will come out. The Republican leadership will have to explain what it is they want to do to their base. Possible a new "Contract ON America"?

15a0f1ce-94f8-4a33-abb1-ec4dc3fd9528.jpg

Seeing how I paid out the ass into these programs the last 35 years, I should expect something out of it in my retirement.

What I don't appreciate is all these benefits going to folks who have paid little if anything into such programs, or have absolutely no legal right them.

Well, if we're gonna give money to people, should it be the elderly and disabled, who aren't capable of doing as much as they once were?

Or to the young, relatively healthy and able.....but who just dont wanna work or refuse to?

End welfare and food stamps before ending medicare, medicaid, SS.

But we can't pay for everyones shit forever.

Seeing how I paid out the ass into these programs the last 35 years, I should expect something out of it in my retirement.

What I don't appreciate is all these benefits going to folks who have paid little if anything into such programs, or have absolutely no legal right them.

Ouch... I just threw my back out saying right on man :(

:lol:

Speaking as a boomer, we might be old but we ain't stupid. The repubs are trying to enact changes to make Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid solvent, which is more than I can say about those butthole democrats. Every proposal I've seen from the GOP grandfathers in the people 50 and older, they're not talking about screwing us over. And where is just one proposal to fix the entitlements from the democrats? Not one fucking word.

a site called the intellectual bubble gum?

So I take it there isn't any old boomers in the Democrat party?

MOST of the repub constituency is standing in line with the dem constituency in begging to their masters to give em their social program handouts. I've been telling people of both parties to dump their social security 'bennies' & other programs because their debting their own kids into indentured servitude to pay for their parents retirements. No wonder the under 30 age group is looking at the over 55 age group as a bunch of rip off artists. I mean the fogies have both hands planted on the backs of their kids/grand kids shoulders & phukin' em to death!

Speaking as a boomer, we might be old but we ain't stupid. The repubs are trying to enact changes to make Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid solvent, which is more than I can say about those butthole democrats. Every proposal I've seen from the GOP grandfathers in the people 50 and older, they're not talking about screwing us over. And where is just one proposal to fix the entitlements from the democrats? Not one fucking word.

You might want to rethink the "stupid" part. The GOP leadership said they want to end Medicare, Medicaid and throw Social Security to Wall Street. You know, the Wall Street that did so much to help the mortgage market?

How do we know? THEY TOLD US! IN ENGLISH!

You might want to rethink the "stupid" part. The GOP leadership said they want to end Medicare, Medicaid and throw Social Security to Wall Street. You know, the Wall Street that did so much to help the mortgage market?

Did all of them tell you??

Or was it only 6% of them??

Every proposal I've seen from the GOP grandfathers in the people 50 and older, they're not talking about screwing us over.

As I've pointed out before, the fact that 55-year-olds and up aren't explicitly denied Medicare like everyone else is under the GOP plan doesn't mean that those people aren't affected by the change. The donut hole re-opens, Medicaid cuts slash support to the 9 million seniors who get help from Medicaid in paying their Medicare premiums and health expenses, recently established benefits like the annual wellness visit are eliminated, access decreases and premiums increase as healthier (followed by not-so-healthy) seniors are pushed to abandon Medicare and instead look for private insurance.

And where is just one proposal to fix the entitlements from the democrats? Not one fucking word.

Yeah, not a word. No results from those not-words yet, either.

Reform means end...huh, learn something new everyday here

Republican party is now the party of aging baby boomers and above
It's nice to see rhetoric isn't limited to thought-free "conservatives".

handjob.gif

You've gotta be awfully-young to not recognize there's always been a split....when it comes to "boomer"-politics.

There are the Yuppies (the Majority; unfortunately)....who've consistently chased every trend, at-any-given-time (Hell....there are "boomer"-Teabaggers).....and, there are the Hippies....who've NEVER lost their sense of politics!!!!

I truly feel a lot o' sympathy for anyone who WASN'T....

....18-years-old in 1968!!!!!

(....When, every morning you woke up....you knew SOMETHING was gonna happen, that day!!!)

Well, if we're gonna give money to people, should it be the elderly and disabled, who aren't capable of doing as much as they once were?

Or to the young, relatively healthy and able.....but who just dont wanna work or refuse to?

End welfare and food stamps before ending medicare, medicaid, SS.
Ah, yes......soft-genocide.

How "conservative" of you!!

(Not killin'-off enough of them, with Wars, huh??)​

Ouch... I just threw my back out saying right on man :(
Yeah.....you gamers have always been quite the physical-specimens.

skinny-fat.jpg

Have you always had your head up-your-ass.....or, just thru....

:eusa_eh:

Have you always had your head up-your-ass.....or, just thru....

:eusa_eh:

How's the president doing with OWSers lately? All that booing was just a figment of our imagination?

Let's just admit that the president ries so hard to foster relationships with the weakest part of the population. It doesn't even work there.

MOST of the repub constituency is standing in line with the dem constituency in begging to their masters to give em their social program handouts. I've been telling people of both parties to dump their social security 'bennies' & other programs because their debting their own kids into indentured servitude to pay for their parents retirements.
So....THAT'S why Republicans are putting so much effort into keeping "boomers" kids unemployed.....so they don't HAVE to pay for their parents' 'bennies' & other programs!!!!

Gee.....how creative, of Republicans.
241.png

Forum List

Back