Republican Leadership Split On Whether To Protect Native American Women

Cripes, I know white men who have done time for, and I know prosecutors of, white men who beat up on Indian women, you fucking loon.

On a reservation? Got any credible proof?

Sure. But not sharing it with you, loon.

But I suggest you drag your white ass to a reservation and beat up one of their maidens to test your theory. Do it in the long house so there are witnesses.

I guarantee you a night in jail.

Cripes, I know white men who have done time for, and I know prosecutors of, white men who beat up on Indian women, you fucking loon.

On a reservation? Got any credible proof?

Sure. But not sharing it with you, loon.

But I suggest you drag your white ass to a reservation and beat up one of their maidens to test your theory. Do it in the long house so there are witnesses.

I guarantee you a night in jail.

You're just a dumbass NaziCon without any credible facts. IF what you say is true, send an email to VP Joe Biden, who has been trying to reconcile this issue with Eric Cantor - that there are no problems with legal jurisdiction and prosecution regarding violence against Native American women on reservations. He'll be relieved to hear your great news...

Domestic Violence..I wasn't thinking of rape but if that floats your boat, whatever.

Go ahead and trot over the rez and beat up on one of their native flowers, see if you get prosecuted. Let us know.

Let's see. In the past two weeks the GOP has added two more groups to their shit list. Disabled Vets and Native American Women.

And, yes, my wife is Native American, Lakota, Hunkpapa band. And the majority of reservations are not near to population centers where they can easily take care of non-indians commiting crimes on the reserverations. As for the problems within the Native American community, most recognize them and work is being done right now to remedy the situation.

So you agree that lahkota is full of shit when he says that white men beat up Indian women with impunity and no fear of prosecution, so long as they do it on the rez....

During a roundtable community discussion convened by the resource center, an elder from the Leech Lake Ojibwe reservation recalled warnings that began in early childhood for girls: “Our mothers told us, if you see a group of white guys, hide in the bushes. If they see you, they’ll rape you.” The elder, who wished to remain anonymous, noted that growing up in such an environment creates the sense that rape is inevitable and that Indian women are simply vessels to be used by others. “What a terrible thing it is to raise our daughters to be afraid,” she said.

More: Silent No More | The Progressive

cantoroops.jpg

By Erik Stegman

With only three weeks left for Congress to pass the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), one man is standing in its way: House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA). The House passed a version of VAWA last May by a narrow 222-205 vote, which stripped protections for LGBT, immigrant and Native American women included in an earlier Senate version of the bill. The Senate version passed by a now-rare 68 vote super majority, including every female Senator.

So, what’s the hold up? Protections for Native American women. As law enforcement, victims, and advocates have turned up pressure to pass the widely-supported Senate bill before the end of the year, other Republican House leaders have changed course and offered a compromise. Two members of senior Republican leadership, Reps. Darrell Issa (R-CA) and Tom Cole (R-OK), an enrolled member of the Chicasaw Nation, introduced a stand alone bill that responds to their caucus’ concern about the Senate bill. The concern is over a provision that restores local tribal authority to prosecute domestic violence against Native American women. The Issa-Cole compromise adds protections for defendants with a new option to remove the case to federal court. In fact, Issa tried to offer this language as an amendment during committee consideration of the bill, but was shut down by Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-TX) who didn’t even allow a vote on it.

Although it is expected that the Majority Leader has worked through a compromise with advocates on the LGBT and immigration provisions, he has dug in his heels on stripping the Native American protections, even in light of the Issa-Cole compromise language.

As the Majority Leader ponders how to move forward, he may want to take a cue from Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI), another fellow Republican: “Rape is rape, and there’s no splitting hairs over rape.”

More: Republican Leadership Split On Whether To Protect Native American Women | ThinkProgress

Maybe if you Native American men could behave yourselves, Native American women wouldn't need protection.

America has called, and Eric Cantor has answered. He and his compatriots in the GOP Cavalry will block the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act (stilllllll) until one little bit of total nonsense, which nobody would miss, is removed. So which of the LIEBERALS’ poison pills is holding up VAWA? Is it the stuff about making it easier for immigrants to testify against abusive citizen-husbands? Is it the part where lesbians are treated as if they are human beings, in human relationships? You would think so, but it is not! Nope, it’s just a small piece of legislative terror whereby Native Americans would be able to prosecute white men (WHITE MEN!!!) for domestic abuse on tribal lands. FUCK THAT NOISE!

More: Eric Cantor, Rest Of Cavalry, Put Hammer Down On Injuns Prosecuting White Men For Beating Their Squaws

ahhhh..I see, you're watching documentaries, hence your newfound cause. Got it.

Forum List

Back