Republican Debate On Now

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The moderator forgot to call in whathisname, governor of Ohio.

Christie is chewing big hunks off of Rubio and vice versa. Both of them will regret what they're saying now as the Democrats will use these words against them.

Jeb is talking about all the stuff he had to do as Governor of Florida.

He is talking about forging a consensus, which means caving to the Democrats.

Jeb Bush is running as the warhawk. He promised to do a pre-emptive attack on North Korea if it launched a missle.

Kasich promises to go easy on illegal aliens. Got some applause, but it was short.

Trump is defending eminent domain, which is really unpopular with the Republican base. Bush is now eating him alive.

Now the Donald is getting boos, and now he's insulting them and saying the audience is special interests and contributors.

Trump has already made it clear he wants single payer healthcare, and wants to get the homeless off the street. I have no problem with the second idea, but under current law we can't do that.

Not worth watching without Megan. I'll wait for the next one when she is scheduled to scare Trump;

Bush destroyed Trump and Christie destroyed Cuomo.

There is blood all over the floor.

Nobody's going after Cruz, so I think the other candidates perceive him as a threat.

Cruz promises to destroy ISIS with aerial bombardment.

Applause is tepid.

The Republican base don't want these wars to continue.

Cuomo wants to go out against ISIS. Maybe one or two people applauded.

Now he is explaining the details of what's going on in the Middle East, and nobody cares.

It looks like the Republican Party may return to its isolationism days.

As the candidates talk about war with ISIS, you can hear the silence of the audience. The base no longer wants this. Memories of 9/11 have faded.

I find myself also wishing that the debate would move off the topic of war in the Middle East. I'm tired of these wars that have been going on for 14 years, with no end in sight.

New Topics

Forum List

Back