Republican candidate for the Senate wants you to pay your doctor with a chicken

Ok these guys who paid for there care with bartering, it has been available this entire time and has not solved the problem.

Do you get it now why its sooo stupid?

Same goes for massive government health care, look at the European's debts right now.

It's definitely not good. Spain was just downgraded in their borrowing status.

I recommend we pay her with "eggs".

1500-eggs-thrown.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't make this shit up...

Sue Lowden, a Republican Senate hopeful in Nevada, has been widely mocked for earlier this week stating that, "before we all started having health care, in the olden days our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor, they would say I'll paint your house."
"I mean, that's the old days of what people would do to get health care with your doctors," she said. "Doctors are very sympathetic people. I'm not backing down from that system."

Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Come again? "Doctors are sympathetic people"?

Now I dun mean to be hating on MDs but really, what fucking ER is this chick taking her kids to?

Sympathetic? You're lucky if they dun kill you. I think they would like to do us patients better, but Greed is Emperor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDHklw6PV3U]YouTube - 'Sicko' Clip: The Truth About HMO's[/ame]

If you believe this video clip does not matter cuz you hate Michael Moore, lemme tell ya......this lady is only speaking the truth every MD contends with. No money, no insurance (or not enough) = death or mainimg.

Last edited:

Sue Lowden, a Republican Senate hopeful in Nevada, has been widely mocked for earlier this week stating that, "before we all started having health care, in the olden days our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor, they would say I'll paint your house."
"I mean, that's the old days of what people would do to get health care with your doctors," she said. "Doctors are very sympathetic people. I'm not backing down from that system."

Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Now I dun mean to be hating on MDs but really, what fucking ER is this chick taking her kids to?

Sympathetic? You're lucky if they dun kill you. I think they would like to do us patients better, but Greed is Emperor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDHklw6PV3U]YouTube - 'Sicko' Clip: The Truth About HMO's[/ame]

If you believe this video clip does not matter cuz you hate Michael Moore, lemme tell ya......this lady doctor is only speaking the truth every MD contends with. No money, no insurance (or not enough) = death or mainimg.

The woman speaking is NOT a doctor. She is someone who sits on one of those insurance company "death panels" Republicans are so fond of. This is why Obama was fighting for health care reform. This is why Republicans are against it. Classic Liberal verses Conservative viewpoint.

Ok these guys who paid for there care with bartering, it has been available this entire time and has not solved the problem.

Same goes for massive government health care, look at the European's debts right now.

Europe's debts were fine until they took on Greece who got screwed by Goldman Sachs.

Nice try at lying though.

It's what you do best.

The best healthcare system in the world is the one the French have.

It is a hybrid of public and private systems.

And they pay much less per capita for healthcare than we do because they use cost saving measures.

We could learn a lot from them.

And they pay much less per capita for healthcare than we do because they use cost saving measures.

You are right. We could learn alot from the Frogs. Personally, I would like to learn how to be the first to surrender and still have that air of superiority and arrogance.

Its easy to have nice things when you depend on others for stuff like a national defense.

You are right. We could learn alot from the Frogs. Personally, I would like to learn how to be the first to surrender and still have that air of superiority and arrogance.

Its easy to have nice things when you depend on others for stuff like a national defense.

Maybe they just like enjoy watching Germans march.

The French use cost saving measures like limited liability for doctors, free medical schools so they have many more doctors per capita than we do, and preventive medicine.

Do a little reading at the link below...

The French Lesson In Health Care

France also demonstrates that you can deliver stellar results with this mix of public and private financing. In a recent World Health Organization health-care ranking, France came in first, while the U.S. scored 37th, slightly better than Cuba and one notch above Slovenia. France's infant death rate is 3.9 per 1,000 live births, compared with 7 in the U.S., and average life expectancy is 79.4 years, two years more than in the U.S. The country has far more hospital beds and doctors per capita than America, and far lower rates of death from diabetes and heart disease. The difference in deaths from respiratory disease, an often preventable form of mortality, is particularly striking: 31.2 per 100,000 people in France, vs. 61.5 per 100,000 in the U.S.

The French Lesson In Health Care

And exactly what is wrong with it?

I'll tell you exactly what's wrong with it. The number of chickens required to purchase modern medical equipment - like MRI's - would be prohibitive.

At a price of around 2,000,000 in dollars, you'd need about 150,000 chickens to pay for it. Most doctors simply do not have coops this large. Even in the days of Sen. Lowden's grandparents, most doctors didn't have coops more than enough for a few dozen chickens.

So I ask you Sen Lowden - where will all this extra chicken coop space come from? Do you intend the doctors to foot the bill for this personally, or will government chip in a little?

That's the only real problem I see with it. Oh, yeah, and the fact that 150,000 chickens will probably stink real bad.

Last edited:

If you believe this video clip does not matter cuz you hate Michael Moore, lemme tell ya......this lady doctor is only speaking the truth every MD contends with. No money, no insurance (or not enough) = death or mainimg.

The woman speaking is NOT a doctor. She is someone who sits on one of those insurance company "death panels" Republicans are so fond of. This is why Obama was fighting for health care reform. This is why Republicans are against it. Classic Liberal verses Conservative viewpoint.

rdea, my apologies for the mis-statement. However, I am well-able to prove my point, if necessary. Remember the Texas case of Andrea Yates? Home alone with six children although she was psychotic? Why was she at home? Because her insurance ran out, so her psychiatrist "had" to discharge her...and now, six children are dead by horrifying means.

I can gather more instances, if absolutely necessary. Or you can continue your cruise on the De-Nile. I hear Egypt is nice this time of year. It's late...I will just let you cruise, I think.

Europe's debts were fine until they took on Greece who got screwed by Goldman Sachs.

Nice try at lying though.

It's what you do best.

rdea, I only know a bit about this. But what I have read scares the piss out of me...would you consider starting thread to explain what G-Sachs has done to Greece? Thankies.

Last edited:

And the IRS would be all over you for that kind of bartering today.

There is an easy way to take care of that. Eliminate the IRS.

bodecea, it all depends. If I give you a chicken and you give me a sofa, no income. It's the law that if you and I decide that two items of property are equal in value and we exchange them, neither of us is any wealthier and thus, we neither of us any income. Obviously, this can get very complex very fast. And if I give you a chicken and you give me Van Gogh's "Sunflowers", the transaction will result in income to me because, at some point, the "we valued them equally" routine won't pass the smell test. (Smell test = if the IRS guys were standing on the Moon and holding their noses, our deal would still stink.)

But here's the rub. If I give you a chicken and you give me a heart transplant, YOU have income because services are valued at "zero" until exchanged for goods or money. Or, as the tax pundits say, no one has any basis in his own labor.

But regardless, the IRS has a devil of a time finding and proving barter transactions. Chickens dun get deposited into your bank account. Unless your standard of living shot waaaay up (or I ratted you out to the IRS Tipline) you could assume you were pretty safe from the tax enforcers.

♪ ♫ I am a good taxpayer I swear I have never bartered and never would ♪

Last edited:
I am quite certain that when a hospital goes to purchase an MRI machine with the approx. 150,000 chickens it would require - the IRS would notice. Anyone within 50 miles would notice.

CrimsonWhite, the French have their troubles, true. Immigration, for one....Paris is fast becoming almost uninhabitable. But nonetheless if they have a Health Care Clue Phone I say we should tap it. We cannot await Perfect Nation's appearance before we are willing to copy off their paper, if they have a winning answer to our questions or issues.

I am quite certain that when a hospital goes to purchase an MRI machine with the approx. 150,000 chickens it would require - the IRS would notice. Anyone within 50 miles would notice.

Yes, volume is a potential for exposure. to IRS scrutiny Nonetheless, 150,000 chickens for one MRI machine = no taxable income to anyone, because both are property and the value is equal.

I dread the spectre of a rising scourge of chickens, Spiderman Tuna. I fear them. I have seen actual coops, and I believe they are the Lairs of Evil Chickens aka aliens who will probe me whilst I sleep.

n156900383618_2665.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back