"Republican Candidate" Extends Lead vs. Obama to 47% to 39%

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania

Registered voters by a significant margin now say they are more likely to vote for the "Republican Party's candidate for president" than for President Barack Obama in the 2012 election, 47% to 39%
bbgpj1qvyeompyf1t0jdag.gif

Both Bushes had higher job approval ratings in the year before their re-election contests than Obama does now, helping explain why Obama has fared less well on the generic ballot in the year prior to the election year. George H.W. Bush's approval rating in July 1991 averaged 71%, while George W. Bush's July 2003 average was 60%. Obama's latest weekly average is 46%.

This could really hurt the President...
Independent registered voters are currently more likely to vote for the Republican candidate (44%) than for Obama (34%)

Ok, so that republican from _____________? will beat OBama?

Great. Stick with this. Run on this...rely on this.

Obama 2012!

Registered voters by a significant margin now say they are more likely to vote for the "Republican Party's candidate for president" than for President Barack Obama in the 2012 election, 47% to 39%
bbgpj1qvyeompyf1t0jdag.gif

Both Bushes had higher job approval ratings in the year before their re-election contests than Obama does now, helping explain why Obama has fared less well on the generic ballot in the year prior to the election year. George H.W. Bush's approval rating in July 1991 averaged 71%, while George W. Bush's July 2003 average was 60%. Obama's latest weekly average is 46%.

This could really hurt the President...
Independent registered voters are currently more likely to vote for the Republican candidate (44%) than for Obama (34%)

Implications
President Obama's re-election prospects do not look very favorable at this point -- if the election were held today, as measured by the generic presidential ballot. However, that result does not necessarily mean he is likely to be denied a second term in November 2012. At this point in 1991, George H.W. Bush looked like a sure bet to win a second term, but he was defeated.
One key factor in determining Obama's eventual electoral fate is whom the Republican Party nominates as its presidential candidate and the appeal that person has compared with Obama. Mitt Romney is the presumptive front-runner, but Americans have generally not held very positive opinions of him the last few years.

The state of the nation will also influence whether Obama is elected to a second term. Right now, Americans are especially dissatisfied with the way things are going in this country, and economic confidence is lagging.
However, the political environment can certainly change in the 16 months leading up to the election, something that occurred during the 1984 and 1996 election cycles (in the incumbent's favor) and 1992 cycle (in the opponent's favor) when incumbent presidents were seeking re-election.

Not a big deal...yet.

Anyone who thinks Obama will be re-elected if the current ecomomic conditions continue is not facing reality right now.

Ok, so that republican from _____________? will beat OBama?

Great. Stick with this. Run on this...rely on this.

Obama 2012!

That's how bam bam got in there. He was the non-bush. or so he claimed he was the non-Bush. Turns out he is only Bush light.

A majority of voters currently think there is nothing wrong with defaulting on our debt.

I don't put much faith in the "majority of voters".

No, actually a majority of voters know that this whole "defaulting on debt" shit is just that... SHIT. But hey... embrace it.

Only a minor faction of loons think the answer to being mired in debt is to take on more debt. You folks are a lost cause, you really are.

Things are very bad for a lot of Americans. So i'm not surprised by this. All the Liberal Media spin in the World probably wont save this President in 2012. Just think if he didn't have all the Liberal Media Boot-Licking? Scary thought huh? Reality is reality. The People are hurting.

Not a big deal...yet.

I think this part is the biggest deal here...

Independents are a huge part of what gave him the election in 2008. If he keeps losing them, it won't be pretty for his chances.

It's easy to be independent when you are given a choice of fill in the blank V. a known entity. When a name gets written into that blank...then you'll see the President doing much better than the mere 10 percent difference.

What is more important, I submit, is the electoral breakdown of the polls. By that I mean, if you take a look at the methods:

"
Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted July 7-10, 2011, with a random sample of 897 registered voters, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

In Electoral college math...it really looks pretty insignificant.

200px-ElectoralCollege2012.svg.png

California is his, as is Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, New York, Jersey, and probably about 1/2 dozen other states.

I project 215 EV's without breaking a sweat for Mr. Obama.
I project that it will come down to Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia
If he wins those 3 in addition to the nolo-contesta (sp?) states such as CA, UT, WA, OR, MI, MN, WI, IL, OH, PA, NY, MA, NJ, and a few others, he's got it in the bag. One of the problems the GOP faces is that there is no insurgency; they will win what they whould have won if they ran Ronald Reagan or Ronald McDonald. There is no surge of excitement from anybody in the field; all of the currently announced are retreads except for Huntsman who I think can really be that insurgent force. We'll know when ballots start being cast in the primaries if such an insurgency develops.

Right now, I'm not seeing it.

But back to the poll, nationwide poll reflects the dis-favor of Washington and more correctly Mr. Obama. However, its not a big deal as far as what is important goes politically and that is Electoral College math.

---------------

UT shouldn't have been in the mix above. No way it goes for Obama.

Last edited:
The great Progressive Experiment is coming to grinding halt as the bank has run dry. And here's where it gets fun... all the little progressive trolls, now coming of age, who have been promised a lifetime of cradle-to-grave coddling, realize it ain't gonna actually be like that.

Oh boy... this is gonna be fun.

I am not much in favor of fwapping to polls. But this does suggest that voters are getting tired of silly games in DC, and that Obama is getting credit for being the bigger jerk ass.

What the politicians are watching is which way trends are going. And trends are not good for Obama right now.

In 1995 Clinton was able to paint the Republicans into a corner by making them appear petulant and irresponsible. This time it is Obama who is coming across as the childish one. This is especially bad news for him, as this is the issue which I think the voters are most upset about... that DC is mostly into theater and is willing to play games with national security and people's pensions. DC is looking worse, and Obama will get the credit for being the biggest clown in the circus. Not that there isn't a lot of greasepaint and funny noses to go around.

Things are very bad for a lot of Americans. So i'm not surprised by this. All the Liberal Media spin in the World probably wont save this President in 2012. Just think if he didn't have all the Liberal Media Boot-Licking? Scary thought huh? Reality is reality. The People are hurting.

Liberal media? But but but Fox has the best ratings! HOw is it a liberal media? :eusa_whistle:

Hey Einsteins, who will beat him? SPECIFICIALLY, WHO?

If you cant produce a name, we all know you are full of shit and just refuse to acknowledge the fact that he will win again in 2012!

God bless Obama and God bless America.

Forum List

Back