Report: Turkey nixes NATO meeting with Israel

Israel is not a member of NATO, so she should not be at a NATO meeting!
I wonder if Frau Sherri, good humanitarian that she wants us to believe she is, can tell us why Turkey, after 100 years, can't seem to apologize for the over one million Armenians along with the Greek and Assyrians they had killed. Here they wanted Israel to apologize for something that could have been avoided if those thugs who wanted to be martyrs weren't on the ship and yet they can't seem to apologize themselves for an event that happened 100 years ago. We know that Frau Sherri, as the good Christian woman she is, is not considered with the Christians (even priests) who are killed in Turkey, but can she tell us why Turkey has a problem even apologizing for a long-ago genocide.
Maybe Herr Hossie should get around to that Vietnam pilgrimage and apologize to the millions of Vietnamese civilians who were maimed, murdered, deformed and poisoned, by the US government? Maybe he should make two pilgrimages in order to atone for his personal contribution to the problems he bestowed upon his victims.
It is really obvious, Georgie Boy, how anti-American you are. I am sure the viewers can see how obsessed you are with bringing up the same old stuff even when it is Turkey being discussed. After a hundred years you don't think it is time for Turkey to apologize to the people involved? Still haven't gone down to Little Saigon in Orange County, have you, Georgie Boy, to ask the South Vietnamese living there what they think about what happened in Vietnam? Does anyone actually think that Georgie Boy cares about the Vietnamese, the Armenians, the Assyrians, etc. He just worries about himself and what he can get from the government.

Turkish daily Hurriyet reports initiative to resume meetings between ministers from Israel, six Arab countries nixed by Ankara, Cairo, who say 'it's not the right time'

Report: Turkey nixes NATO meeting with Israel - Israel News, Ynetnews

-----------------------

So much for Israel apologizing to those warmongers.

What a joke.

F-u, Turkey!
t9414.gif
"'The general-secretary was planning to invite the foreign ministers of the Mediterranean Dialogue countries on the sidelines of the NATO foreign ministers meeting scheduled for April 23 but Turkey objected to the idea,' a Western diplomat told Hürriyet.

However, Ankara rejected the claim. 'It’s not right that we have objected. This sort of meeting was not held since 2008 because of the political problems between Israel and Arab countries. At this stage, such a meeting would not be useful,' a Turkish official told Hurriyet."

Those "political problems" stem directly from Israel filling the Occupied Territories with hundreds of thousands of her civilians, end the Occupation and many of the problems disappear.

What I read is that the alliance of Mediterranean countries of which Israel is a part has Muslim members who have political issues with NATO nations. And I read Turkey officials stated they believed it was not the proper time for this type of meeting to take place.

Another way to look at this decision of Turkey is Turkey is asserting her own political power in the Region.
Regardless of what issues other countries have with NATO, the Turks had no problem in asking for Patriot Missiles to protect them from their Muslim brethren in Syria. However, if Frau Sherri's friends in Syria managed to kill some Turks, it certainly wouldn't bother her.

georgephillip, et al,

Don't mix apples and oranges.

Maybe Herr Hossie should get around to that Vietnam pilgrimage and apologize to the millions of Vietnamese civilians who were maimed, murdered, deformed and poisoned, by the US government? Maybe he should make two pilgrimages in order to atone for his personal contribution to the problems he bestowed upon his victims.
(COMMENT)

I went to Vietnam. You fight the war with the tactics and style of the day. Having been to both Afghanistan and Iraq, I can tell you that the Army of 1970 (RVN) and the Army of Iraq (2004) and Afghanistan (2008) were much different - evolved. Yet, in both wars, one cannot help that people are befall tragedy. Casualties and death are an expected consequence of war.

You answer "your nations call to duty" - and each of us do our best as the nation and leadership expects of us. I check the mail every day. I haven't seen a call from my nation to perform a "pilgrimage and apologize" tour. Is that something that you suggest; on behalf of your constituents? Is that want your leadership call for in historical perspective?

In the mean time, to change the political policies and to alter the course of events that set the conditions for war (whether in 1970 or today), one must not be the crass, crude and argumentative personality that does nothing but criticizes (or the one that promotes and justifies combative engagement) --- but rather --- try to be the one that offers suggestions that have a meaningful impact on the strategies the promote peace as the alternative.

The National Security Strategy (http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/national_security_strategy.pdf) that shapes today's basic foreign policy is here for your examination and critique. What in the strategy do you find that is in need of adjustment? I'm quite sure you've read it, along with every other other member of the Discussion Group. What do you find as a weakness needing repair?

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco...I know you're not a big Nick Turse fan, but I gotta ask, did you serve in the 1st Cavalry Division?

"We shoot the sick, the young, the lame,
We do our best to kill and maim.
Because the kills count all the same,
Napalm sticks to kids.

"Ox cart rolling down the road,
Peasants with a heavy load,
They're all VC when the bombs explode,
Napalm sticks to kids."

You and Hossie made one of the biggest mistakes of your lives when you went to Vietnam.
I will do my best to suggest to future generations of Americans they make better choices.

Kill Anythng That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam Nick Turse, Metropolitan Books, 2013, pp.48-49.
I think it is quite obvious that Georgie Boy thinks that people came to this forum to constantly here him whine about Vietnam. So what should they do, Georgie Boy, if a draft is brought back? Should they fake a bad back as you did because after only ten days you got lonely, or are you going to tell them to run to Canada or Mexico? And I think it is quite obvious that Georgie Boy actually has no interest in what else is going on in this world unless somehow it involves the U.S. and Israel. Perhaps, Georgie Boy, if you had made better choices in your own life, you wouldn't now be living in a subsidized apartment, helped by the hard-working taxpayers of Los Angeles, while you just sit back and run around to different forums because you don't have the money to really enjoy your retirement.

I wonder if Frau Sherri, good humanitarian that she wants us to believe she is, can tell us why Turkey, after 100 years, can't seem to apologize for the over one million Armenians along with the Greek and Assyrians they had killed. Here they wanted Israel to apologize for something that could have been avoided if those thugs who wanted to be martyrs weren't on the ship and yet they can't seem to apologize themselves for an event that happened 100 years ago. We know that Frau Sherri, as the good Christian woman she is, is not considered with the Christians (even priests) who are killed in Turkey, but can she tell us why Turkey has a problem even apologizing for a long-ago genocide.
It is really obvious, Georgie Boy, how anti-American you are. I am sure the viewers can see how obsessed you are with bringing up the same old stuff even when it is Turkey being discussed. After a hundred years you don't think it is time for Turkey to apologize to the people involved? Still haven't gone down to Little Saigon in Orange County, have you, Georgie Boy, to ask the South Vietnamese living there what they think about what happened in Vietnam? Does anyone actually think that Georgie Boy cares about the Vietnamese, the Armenians, the Assyrians, etc. He just worries about himself and what he can get from the government.
Funny thing, Hossie...there's no mention of the Armenian Genocide in the OP.
You would seem to be the one who injected that crime into this thread.
Maybe it's time you took responsibility for your bad decisions and tried harder to stay on topic?

Maybe it's time you took responsibility for your bad decisions and tried harder to stay on topic?
I see you and the rest of your herd got together to have each remind me about off topic posts. If you birds understood any comparisons of situations and events to illustrate a point, then you wouldn't always go off on a tangent because your arguments were weak. So I'll just remind you and your nesting mates the next time the Liberty is brought up. OK, Killer?

You know, Georgie Boy, if you didn't sit on your keester all day long whining about Vietnam, you could get on your soapbox outside and rant and rave about it in public. You would reach more people if you did. You really are amusing about me staying on topic because what in the world does Vietnam have to do with this forum? I think the viewers can see how obsessed you are because you are constantly vomiting out something about Vietnam. The Armenian Genocide has more to do with Turkey than anything you want to spew out about Vietnam. If you left that subsidized apartment once in a while, perhaps you could go up to Glendale where there are plenty of Armenians and tell them that you see no reason for Turkey to apologize. They have been waiting patiently for years for an apology and for Turkey to admit what happened.

I see you and the rest of your herd got together to have each remind me about off topic posts. If you birds understood any comparisons of situations and events to illustrate a point, then you wouldn't always go off on a tangent because your arguments were weak. So I'll just remind you and your nesting mates the next time the Liberty is brought up. OK, Killer?
June 8 will be here soon, Hossie.

You know, Georgie Boy, if you didn't sit on your keester all day long whining about Vietnam, you could get on your soapbox outside and rant and rave about it in public. You would reach more people if you did. You really are amusing about me staying on topic because what in the world does Vietnam have to do with this forum? I think the viewers can see how obsessed you are because you are constantly vomiting out something about Vietnam. The Armenian Genocide has more to do with Turkey than anything you want to spew out about Vietnam. If you left that subsidized apartment once in a while, perhaps you could go up to Glendale where there are plenty of Armenians and tell them that you see no reason for Turkey to apologize. They have been waiting patiently for years for an apology and for Turkey to admit what happened.
I wonder if you are capable of grasping the morality of what you helped inflict upon the people of Vietnam and the many similarities between your actions and what the Turks did to the people of Armenia? As always, you go off reservation with a complaint about authentic Muslim atrocities while expecting your readers to ignore the war crimes you personally chose to participate in (twice). That said, all of us could do a much better job of staying on topic.

Last edited:
I wonder if you are capable of grasping the morality of what you helped inflict upon the people of Vietnam and the many similarities between your actions and what the Turks did to the people of Armenia? As always, you go off reservation with a complaint about authentic Muslim atrocities while expecting your readers to ignore the war crimes you personally chose to participate in (twice). That said, all of us could do a much better job of staying on topic.
Here we go with Vietnam once again from Georgie Boy. Georgie Boy, how about you stop obsessing over your usual things to do something else. I hear they are giving free yoga lessons in Grants Park which is really not that far from you. Tomorrow Stephen Hawking, the physicist, is giving a talk at Cal Tech Stephen Hawking to Speak at Caltech. You can mingle with the audience afterward and ask those who work there how they found the gumption to really exert themselves in their younger years so that they were able to get good jobs. No doubt some "rich" people will also be there for you to castigate for having money. All of this is free, Georgie Boy -- free, free, free -- so you should be able to enjoy yourself for nothing.

What do you suppose Stephen Hawking, Cal Tech, Little Saigon Yoga and Grant's Park winos would think about this:

"Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said he will probably visit Gaza after his trip to Washington to meet US President Barack Obama on May 16, Turkish daily Hurriyet reported.

"Asked about his Gaza trip by a journalist flying with him to Kyrgyzstan, Erdogan said: 'It will probably take place after my visit to America.'"

Erdogan postpones Gaza visit at Obama's urging - Israel News, Ynetnews

I'm guessing we're all glad you didn't go into politics, Hossie.

What do you suppose Stephen Hawking, Cal Tech, Little Saigon Yoga and Grant's Park winos would think about this:

"Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said he will probably visit Gaza after his trip to Washington to meet US President Barack Obama on May 16, Turkish daily Hurriyet reported.

"Asked about his Gaza trip by a journalist flying with him to Kyrgyzstan, Erdogan said: 'It will probably take place after my visit to America.'"

Erdogan postpones Gaza visit at Obama's urging - Israel News, Ynetnews

I'm guessing we're all glad you didn't go into politics, Hossie.
Why, Georgie Boy, they would say that after 100 years, it is time for Turkey to admit what they did and to apologize to the Armenians, Greeks and Assyrians. By the way, Georgie Boy, you are hereby appointed as the messenger to advise Erdogan that he had better not go into Glendale or Los Angeles because the Armenians will be protesting his visit.
Glendale - Armeniapedia.org
Now don't forget to take advantage of the free stuff. I think taking yoga would relax you and make you push all your obsessions and your disappointments in life to the back burner

Turkey will never apologize to Armenia for exactly the same reason$ the U$ will never apologize to Vietnam, or Korea, or the Philippines, or Mexico, or...(fill in the blank)
Not apologize? Just what do you think the Ayatollah O'Bama has been doing on his foreign visits? Playing golf?

Turkey will never apologize to Armenia for exactly the same reason$ the U$ will never apologize to Vietnam, or Korea, or the Philippines, or Mexico, or...(fill in the blank)
Not apologize? Just what do you think the Ayatollah O'Bama has been doing on his foreign visits? Playing golf?
More likely selling guns or derivatives.

Well, one thing we know. Georgie Boy, sitting comfortably in his subsidized apartment, has never dabbled in defense industry stocks or derivatives. Meanwhile, Los Angeles was once the hub of the defense industry companies (maybe still is) in which Georgie Boy's friends were able to get work. No doubt a Commie like Georgie Boy is not interested in whatever Russia sells to other countries when it comes to weaponry.

Well, one thing we know. Georgie Boy, sitting comfortably in his subsidized apartment, has never dabbled in defense industry stocks or derivatives. Meanwhile, Los Angeles was once the hub of the defense industry companies (maybe still is) in which Georgie Boy's friends were able to get work. No doubt a Commie like Georgie Boy is not interested in whatever Russia sells to other countries when it comes to weaponry.
I'm sure you know which country earns the most money every year from arms sales?
It isn't Russia, although I'm sure that disappoints their psychopathic elites no end.
What is your biggest problem with holding your country to the same standards you apply to others?

Turkish daily Hurriyet reports initiative to resume meetings between ministers from Israel, six Arab countries nixed by Ankara, Cairo, who say 'it's not the right time'

-----------------------

So much for Israel apologizing to those warmongers.

What a joke.

F-u, Turkey!
t9414.gif

The dubious chauvinistic F-U by an Israeli, not only to former ally Turkey, but to the entire planet Earth…Israel is friendless save AIPAC Controlled America…We have seen this scene before in its obscured simplicity in Politics…That too will change in time.

If you actually read the article, you will see that it was Turkey (and Egypt) who nixed this peaceful meeting, even after Israel apologized to Turkey.

And just what did they apologize, for, exactly?

Israelis say their planes tracked by NATO-power Ankara

JERUSALEM, April 17 (Reuters) - Not only Syrian air defences worried Israel when its warplanes bombed a suspected Hezbollah-bound arms convoy near Damascus on Jan. 30. Also probing the skies were the potent radars of an unfriendly NATO member close by: Turkey. (...)
But since 2010, the Israelis say, their air force operations over Lebanon and Syria had met with aggressive gestures from Turkey - jets scrambled as if to intercept, or radar tracking which could in theory guide missiles against the Israeli planes.

Turkish officials declined to comment on those accounts.

Robert Hewson, an IHS Jane's airpower analyst, said that for Turkey, accustomed to aerial brinkmanship against its regional rival Greece, "the Israelis became the new Greeks for a while".

Reuters

I'm sure you know which country earns the most money every year from arms sales?
It isn't Russia, although I'm sure that disappoints their psychopathic elites no end.
What is your biggest problem with holding your country to the same standards you apply to others?
Does Russia let you look at its books, Georgie Boy, so you can ascertain just what they are selling? I actually have no idea the amount of sales from every country that sells weaponry, but maybe you are privy to this. Speaking of psychopathic people, Georgie Boy, perhaps you should seek out a geriatric psychiatrist so he can help you get over your obsessions with "the elites," the rich," and the "Jews." Maybe then you will be a happier individual if you can get over some of your bitterness and finally appreciate this country. No country is perfect, but millions of people around the world would be happy to take your place here if you are so unsatisfied..

Forum List

Back