Report: O-Care to save large corporations hundreds of billions

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well well, lovely eh

SNIP:
By Ferdous Al-Faruque - 05/01/14 06:26 AM EDT
The Affordable Care Act could save some of America’s largest corporations hundreds of billions of dollars over the next decade, according to a market analyst group.

According to a report by S&P Capital IQ released Thursday, S&P 500 companies will likely move their employees from employer-provided health insurance plans to the healthcare exchanges under the Affordable Care Act, saving employers nearly $700 billion through the year 2025. If current healthcare inflation stays constant, those savings could be greater than $800 billion, researchers found.

Corporations are expected to start out by dropping low-wage and part-time workers from their employer insurance plans since they are able to reap the benefits of government tax subsidies under ObamaCare, leading them to pick up new plans under the healthcare law. Eventually, the burden of healthcare coverage will shift from employers to employees.

ALL of it here
Read more: Report: O-Care to save large corporations hundreds of billions | TheHill
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

well well, lovely eh

SNIP:
By Ferdous Al-Faruque - 05/01/14 06:26 AM EDT
The Affordable Care Act could save some of America’s largest corporations hundreds of billions of dollars over the next decade, according to a market analyst group.

According to a report by S&P Capital IQ released Thursday, S&P 500 companies will likely move their employees from employer-provided health insurance plans to the healthcare exchanges under the Affordable Care Act, saving employers nearly $700 billion through the year 2025. If current healthcare inflation stays constant, those savings could be greater than $800 billion, researchers found.

Corporations are expected to start out by dropping low-wage and part-time workers from their employer insurance plans since they are able to reap the benefits of government tax subsidies under ObamaCare, leading them to pick up new plans under the healthcare law. Eventually, the burden of healthcare coverage will shift from employers to employees.

ALL of it here
Read more: Report: O-Care to save large corporations hundreds of billions | TheHill
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

So it's Democrat and Obama sponsored Corporate Welfare. Perfect!!!

Of course.

The same EVIL insurance companies that Pelosi Inc. was demonizing are the same people reaping the biggest benefits from mandated coverage.

:eusa_shhh:

Well golly!

Another Big Government Programs that's ending up benefiting Big Government Cronies more than it does the people who were used as the Poster Victims to justify the program in the first place.

Who knew?

But - but - but the big corp's were saying they can't afford to pay decent wages because of ObamaCare.

And, the insurance companies are pissed because their profit is less under ObamaCare because of the 80-20 mandate.

AND, we know that ObamaCare saves the country in welfare/Medicaid $.

Make up your minds, wouldja?

ObamaCare is working, saving individuals and companies money and the right hates it.

But - but - but the big corp's were saying they can't afford to pay decent wages because of ObamaCare.

And, the insurance companies are pissed because their profit is less under ObamaCare because of the 80-20 mandate.

ObamaCare is working, saving individuals and companies money and the right hates it.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm not saving any money. My premiums went up by $20.00 per paycheck this year. As usual, the hardest hit is the middle class (soon to be poverty class).

Don't know about anyone else but I'm not saving any money. My premiums went up by $20.00 per paycheck this year. As usual, the hardest hit is the middle class (soon to be poverty class).

How much did your premiums go up in 1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013?

Full disclosure, please.

Your EMPLOYER raised your employee contribution to their EMPLOYER'S slush fund?

How much did your premiums go up in 1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013?

Full disclosure, please.

My premiums haven't increased for me, personally, because my employer pays it.
But my deductible went from $500 to $5000 when they had to switch to the new and improved "Bronze" plan

Full disclosure, please.

My premiums haven't increased for me, personally, because my employer pays it.
But my deductible went from $500 to $5000 when they had to switch to the new and improved "Bronze" plan

to me this is just like having your premiums increased, just in another way and it's all on your back..
that's a huge jump, $4500

Full disclosure, please.

A little but certainly not by $20.00 per paycheck. That was the biggest jump I've seen and I believe this is the last year that we will be able to keep such a good policy. Nobody in my company that didn't already have the plan and any new employees cannot participate in my current plan. They're all stuck with lesser plans whether they like it or not. I'm willing to bet that it will be gone for good next year.

Almost $500 a year?

Why is it its only the rw's who are being charged more?

Our premium went down, we got two refunds (the 80% mandate) and a couple of other savings.

Sure glad I'm not a right winger cuz then my costs would have increased.

Forum List

Back