Report: Gates Asks Bush War Team to Stay On

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by WillowTree, Dec 23, 2008.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702
    Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates is asking many of the Bush administration's 250 Pentagon political appointees to remain on the job until the incoming Obama administration finds replacements -- a move designed to prevent a leadership vacuum with U.S. troops engaged in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Washington Times reported Tuesday.

The unusual request ensures that key policy positions will not be left to "acting" subordinates as typically occurs when political appointees are directed to resign during a presidential transition, according to the Times.

"I have received authorization from the president-elect's transition team to extend a number of Department of Defense political appointees an invitation to voluntarily remain in their current positions until replaced," Gates said in a Friday e-mail, the Times reported.

Report: Gates Asks Bush War Team to Stay On - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

CHANGEwait for it.:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,432
    You know, it was this douchebag asshole (Gates) who was responsible for the lie of needing to go to war in Iraq.

Obama has kept him on, and now Gates wants to keep on more of the Bush admin's failed idiots.

Nope.....if Obama doesn't fire Gates soon (like by Friday), I'm going to start talking bad about him all over these message boards.

And he's gonna have to do something about that transparency promise too!

3. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    We were already at war with Saddam under any rational (ie non leftist) and logical view of the situation in Iraq. In fact, from diplomatic/historical perspective we had been at war with Saddam since his daddy was president and the cease fire signed at the end of the first part of that war had long since been a dead issue as all sides violated almost all terms of the cease fire well before Bill Clinton left office.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,680
    Can't you figger it out? It's obvious, Obama can't find any of his friends that want to defend this country so he has to keep the the people responsible for the "Failed Bush Policies" in until he can find someone. My guess: A RINO.
    You just don't get it do you? Obama lied to you! The "Change" idea was all just a bunch of happy bullshit designed to get morans like you to vote for him en masse. Gotta' give you credit tho'. 90% of you libs aint caught on yet. I guess that puts you in the top 10%? That aint sayin' much tho'.

Your anguish sustains me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Alpha1

Alpha1 NAVY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Obama knows the best people are already in the jobs they are more than qualified to do.....
    He'll change them in the future, but there is certainly no hurry....

6. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962

Oh my god, what a idiot you are Willow. If Obama had said fire them all, you'd be bitching about that.

I swear, you must think Obama is the president since you already blame him for all of your life and this country's problems.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Are you kidding me ? You can blame anyone for screwing your country up--He doesn't have to be president.

8. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702

as you well know dear bobbykins, obamalama will never be president in my eyes. but I still laugh at him and his clinton bush conglomeration.. :lol:

9. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,315
    Well, Bush has been my President. And I appreciate it so much that I would like the see him standing before the Hague on War Crimes charges.

10. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702

for your sake I hope your dreams come true..