Report: Concern nuclear fuel is still eating through structures under Fukushima reactors.

What can go wrong will go wrong eventually.

so then why do anything at all?

we would still be in the stone age if we all thought like you

Just one accident can literally destroy much of our country. That's why.

hardly

you need to research newer reactor designs

Nuclear power is our best option for reliable abundant and emission free power

France has had as much as 80% of their electricity produced by nuclear power. and guess what the country is still all there

Why risk such incredible catastrophe when we have plenty of other resources?

You think fossil fuels will last forever?

wind and solar will never meet our current never mind our growing power demands

If they cut it off from seawater what would happen?

cut what off from seawater?

a molten salt reactor doesn't need water for cooling at all. If it gets too hot it shuts itself down.
It can be buried underground doesn't run at high pressure and only has to be refueled every 25 or 30 years it can burn the nuclear waste from our older reactors for fuel and it works at 90% capacity 24/7/365

a molten salt reactor doesn't need water for cooling at all. If it gets too hot it shuts itself down.
It can be buried underground doesn't run at high pressure and only has to be refueled every 25 or 30 years it can burn the nuclear waste from our older reactors for fuel and it works at 90% capacity 24/7/365
Fukashima....what would happen if they built a berm around it and pumped out remaining seawater

Fukashima....what would happen if they built a berm around it and pumped out remaining seawater

ARe you being deliberately obtuse?

The reactors I am talking abut are a completely different animal than the old light water reactors like Fulishima

The reactors I am talking abut are a completely different animal than the old light water reactors like Fulishima

Not talking about thorium.......god......what would happen at Fukashima if they cut the seawater off what is so hard to understand

Not talking about thorium.......god......what would happen at Fukashima if they cut the seawater off what is so hard to understand

Fukishma melted down because the tsunami took the cooling system off line it still melted down while seawater was pouring into the domes

Fukishma melted down because the tsunami took the cooling system off line it still melted down while seawater was pouring into the domes

I know that.....and once more s l o w l l y,,,,,,w h a t w o u l d h a p p e n i f t h e s e a w a t e r w e r e c u t o f f

I know that.....and once more s l o w l l y,,,,,,w h a t w o u l d h a p p e n i f t h e s e a w a t e r w e r e c u t o f f

nothing that didn't already happen

nothing that didn't already happen

So why dont they......even if its a hot zone it cant be as hot as the inside where their robots keep getting fried.......drone barge remote control equip,,,,,I dont get it

Forum List

Back