Report: Cash for Clunkers Auto Program Cost Taxpayers $24,000 Per Vehicle

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
American taxpayers doled out $24,000 per vehicle sold under the government's "Cash for Clunkers" auto program, according to a study released Wednesday.

The report, conducted by the automotive information firm Edmunds.com in Santa Monica, Calif., found that of the nearly 690,000 vehicles sold under the program, only 125,000 of the sales could be credited directly to the Cash-for-Clunkers program.

The rest of the sales would have happened anyway, despite the government program, the report said -- raising questions over its effectiveness.

White House Fires Back at Critical Cash for Clunkers Report - Political News - FOXNews.com

way to go libtards! way to go. :clap2:

call me clueless, I thought the stimulus was for a 4,500 dollar kickback. who knew?

I wish I needed some new appliances I could use a 10,000 tax payer funded Fridge.
What the fuck is wrong with these people!!!!

I wish I needed some new appliances I could use a 10,000 tax payer funded Fridge.

Ya know, today I asked a libtard what "We are five days away from fundamentally changing America" meant, and said libtard said. "I thought it was campaign rhetoric."

shit for brains huh?:lol::lol::lol:

Ya know, today I asked a libtard what "We are five days away from fundamentally changing America" meant, and said libtard said. "I thought it was campaign rhetoric."

Thats what happens when you expect politicians to lie.
I was telling people they wouldnt recognize America in 5 years if he got in.
Im afraid I may be right.

More evidence of gov't incompetence and foolishness. Yet Obama was on TV today proudly touting the 3rd qtr economic growth. WOO HOO!!! all aboard the idiot express!!

Sadly, plenty of uninformed people will now buy into the stock market thinking that the "recession" is behind us. History shows that the general public will be buying at the top of the market, just before it crashes again. Buy high, sell low - the formula for financial disaster.

More evidence of gov't incompetence and foolishness. Yet Obama was on TV today proudly touting the 3rd qtr economic growth. WOO HOO!!! all aboard the idiot express!!

Sadly, plenty of uninformed people will now buy into the stock market thinking that the "recession" is behind us. History shows that the general public will be buying at the top of the market, just before it crashes again. Buy high, sell low - the formula for financial disaster.

The General public won't be convinced until they see bread lines reminiscent of the 1930's but by then it will be too damned late.

Thats what happens when you expect politicians to lie.
I was telling people they wouldnt recognize America in 5 years if he got in.
Im afraid I may be right.

We tried to tell people before the Maxist got elected...

call me clueless, I thought the stimulus was for a 4,500 dollar kickback. who knew?
That was the max rebate. According to the supplied FAUX link, "The report also said that the average cost for a vehicle in August 2009 was only $26,915 -- minus an average cash rebate of $1,667." So by CON$ervative fuzzy math, $1,667 per vehicle is exaggerated into $ 24,000 per vehicle. :cuckoo:
BRILLIANT!!!

American taxpayers doled out $24,000 per vehicle sold under the government's "Cash for Clunkers" auto program, according to a study released Wednesday.

The report, conducted by the automotive information firm Edmunds.com in Santa Monica, Calif., found that of the nearly 690,000 vehicles sold under the program, only 125,000 of the sales could be credited directly to the Cash-for-Clunkers program.

The rest of the sales would have happened anyway, despite the government program, the report said -- raising questions over its effectiveness.

White House Fires Back at Critical Cash for Clunkers Report - Political News - FOXNews.com

way to go libtards! way to go. :clap2:

The GDP came in at 3.5 %, 1.5% of that was the cash for clunkers programs. LOL Well now that that is over and it makes me feel soooooooooooooo good to be paying for someone else's car to the tune of $24,000 per car after I have already purchased someone else's house. What could possibly be next????? hmmmmm, we do need to stimulate this economy, how about a national take over of our health care paid for with more of our tax dollars. Whoppee, Everyone up for that????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back