"Repeal The Second Amendment!"

Yeah, lets do what NYC does, expanding background checks to 3-6 months and $600 in fees just to get a home only revolver permit...

You can't trust gun control people not to exploit things in their goal to get an unarmed populace.
yea, cause that's EXACTLY what i said, isn't it?

this lack of trust bullshit is getting people killed. i agree 30 years ago no one gave a damn and had guns in the back of their truck but we've changed unfortunately as a country and while i'm 100% FOR defending our rights to have a gun, that doesn't mean someone like cruz ever should have had one now does it?

the background check can just go deeper but it doesn't have to take much longer. in texas i fill out a piece of paper, they make a call and in 2 minutes, i'm a gun owner. i'm not sure what they check for now but maybe just putting more flags into the checks we have now would work.

but this lack of even willing to talk about it sucks. and when people do, the suckage grows because people start feeding their own fears about it and we all get emotional when this shouldn't be an emotional issue.

Again, the issue is that RKBA people have compromised over and over and the gun controllers keep pushing. When you can't get them to even admit NYC's laws are infringement, you know what they want for the rest of the country.
then we need to get a different group of people together to resolve this and tell those who can't be reasonable to bugger off.

first and foremost our gov needs a month long training series to educate people on guns, laws on the books, history, their use, hands on, and so forth. but this isn't to buy a guy, this is to be on the committee to fix our gun laws. there should in NO WAY be any politizing this. no colorado senators saying magazines will be thrown away after being used. if you are not gun and gun laws/history educated, you need to sit the fuck down and shut up.

if you EVER tried to outlaw green tipped bullets as armor piercing, you need to sit the fuck down and shut up cause you lie and can't be trusted in this.

we need educated people to review what we can do to address the situation. from what i can tell deeper background checks are needed, not more laws. i'm pretty sure every person who's shot up a school was breaking the law so more laws are not going to help.

gun crimes need harsher penalties including losing the right to buy guns. caught w/an illegal gun after this jail time. period. let the pot smokers out and send them to colorado or california to go be happy and out of the way and use these resources to crack down on guns laws.

but we need to address how we educate our kids to and what happened along the way to become so desensitized to the value of life? this isn't just a gun issue it's a society issue and we have to address the problems that make kids reach for guns in as much as make them harder to get.

Again, the other side can't be trusted to be reasonable, so anything more we give them will be exploited towards their overall goal of an unarmed populace.
again - then where do we go from here? sitting around saying WE DON'T TRUST YOU is only going to go so far.

A tangible example they won't take things too far.

Repeal NYC's sullivan law and let law abiding citizens get a revolver without going through hoops.

The constitutional issues go to the ballot box all the time, when we elect presidents and Senators, because they get to decide who goes on the Supreme Court.

If you think progressive end runs by 5 of 9 unelected lawyers are OK, and of course you do, because you are a progressive half-wit.

Trump and his cult have spent a year listing as one of Trump's 'great accomplishment's getting a conservative on the Court.

try 59 he has set a record on the number of judges

--LOL

List of federal judges appointed by Donald Trump - Wikipedia

all while you have been busy posting another "we really REALLY got him this time" post

ya dumb dumb

Tell the other poster. He's the one demonizing unelected judges.

Un-elected progressive judges. Ones that one to legislate, not interpret.

Oh, so you're just making a thoroughly partisan whine.

this lack of trust bullshit is getting people killed. i agree 30 years ago no one gave a damn and had guns in the back of their truck but we've changed unfortunately as a country and while i'm 100% FOR defending our rights to have a gun, that doesn't mean someone like cruz ever should have had one now does it?

the background check can just go deeper but it doesn't have to take much longer. in texas i fill out a piece of paper, they make a call and in 2 minutes, i'm a gun owner. i'm not sure what they check for now but maybe just putting more flags into the checks we have now would work.

but this lack of even willing to talk about it sucks. and when people do, the suckage grows because people start feeding their own fears about it and we all get emotional when this shouldn't be an emotional issue.

Again, the issue is that RKBA people have compromised over and over and the gun controllers keep pushing. When you can't get them to even admit NYC's laws are infringement, you know what they want for the rest of the country.
then we need to get a different group of people together to resolve this and tell those who can't be reasonable to bugger off.

first and foremost our gov needs a month long training series to educate people on guns, laws on the books, history, their use, hands on, and so forth. but this isn't to buy a guy, this is to be on the committee to fix our gun laws. there should in NO WAY be any politizing this. no colorado senators saying magazines will be thrown away after being used. if you are not gun and gun laws/history educated, you need to sit the fuck down and shut up.

if you EVER tried to outlaw green tipped bullets as armor piercing, you need to sit the fuck down and shut up cause you lie and can't be trusted in this.

we need educated people to review what we can do to address the situation. from what i can tell deeper background checks are needed, not more laws. i'm pretty sure every person who's shot up a school was breaking the law so more laws are not going to help.

gun crimes need harsher penalties including losing the right to buy guns. caught w/an illegal gun after this jail time. period. let the pot smokers out and send them to colorado or california to go be happy and out of the way and use these resources to crack down on guns laws.

but we need to address how we educate our kids to and what happened along the way to become so desensitized to the value of life? this isn't just a gun issue it's a society issue and we have to address the problems that make kids reach for guns in as much as make them harder to get.

Again, the other side can't be trusted to be reasonable, so anything more we give them will be exploited towards their overall goal of an unarmed populace.
again - then where do we go from here? sitting around saying WE DON'T TRUST YOU is only going to go so far.

Repeal NYC's sullivan law and let law abiding citizens get a revolver without going through hoops.
that's another issue that clogs this up - states can and will pass their own laws.

If you think progressive end runs by 5 of 9 unelected lawyers are OK, and of course you do, because you are a progressive half-wit.

Trump and his cult have spent a year listing as one of Trump's 'great accomplishment's getting a conservative on the Court.

try 59 he has set a record on the number of judges

--LOL

List of federal judges appointed by Donald Trump - Wikipedia

all while you have been busy posting another "we really REALLY got him this time" post

ya dumb dumb

Tell the other poster. He's the one demonizing unelected judges.

Un-elected progressive judges. Ones that one to legislate, not interpret.

Oh, so you're just making a thoroughly partisan whine.

A strict constructionist criticism.

A concept that's probably beyond your limited cognitive ability.

Alt-Stain Flag.jpg

never
going
to
happen

we do need to revamp our gun laws and background checks should be high on the list of immediate overhaul. we can work back from there but the background checks simply do not go far enough.

we do NOT need nofly and terror watch lists as there is no due process involved, but a stricter background check w/due process if denied the right to buy a gun, and keep on moving.

one step at a time.
The background checks do go far enough. No background check will reveal what a person is going to do in the future.

that's another issue that clogs this up - states can and will pass their own laws.

And those laws cannot be against the constitution. NYC's law is obviously infringement, but a case has never reached far enough up the courts to do anything about it.

never
going
to
happen

we do need to revamp our gun laws and background checks should be high on the list of immediate overhaul. we can work back from there but the background checks simply do not go far enough.

we do NOT need nofly and terror watch lists as there is no due process involved, but a stricter background check w/due process if denied the right to buy a gun, and keep on moving.

one step at a time.
The background checks do go far enough. No background check will reveal what a person is going to do in the future.
so a kid who's had the FBI called on him 20 times isn't an issue and shouldn't ever be flagged?

i can think of no laws that would have stopped almost any of the shootings in the last decade plus. so anything done to limit access should be met with scrutiny yes, but not total disdain and distrust. but again we need to figure out what happened along the way to make kids so willing to pick up a gun and shoot them at people they've known for years. that was unheard of when i was in high school and yet, far too common today.

there isn't an easy way out of this but we do need to start doing more than we are today, which is a big FUCK YOU to the other side.

If we don't trust "you" to get us anywhere we need to go ...
What sense does it make to ask us where we want "you" to take us ... :dunno:

And those laws cannot be against the constitution. NYC's law is obviously infringement, but a case has never reached far enough up the courts to do anything about it.
then that would be up to someone in new york to push if it bugged them that much.

never
going
to
happen

one step at a time.
/——/ How many lives would have been saved if the ACLU hadn’t worked to turn the crazies out of institutions?

If we don't trust "you" to get us anywhere we need to go ...
What sense does it make to ask us where we want "you" to take us ... :dunno:

what recommendations has the NRA or the pro gun crowd made to help resolve this then? if they get to drive and make the decisions, what have they done besides say we can't trust the other side?

Yeah, lets do what NYC does, expanding background checks to 3-6 months and $600 in fees just to get a home only revolver permit...

You can't trust gun control people not to exploit things in their goal to get an unarmed populace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- can't do much , GunOwners have RIGHTS . Stand on those Legal RIGHTS and don't give an inch , be ready and see what happens .

never
going
to
happen

one step at a time.
/——/ How many lives would have been saved if the ACLU hadn’t worked to turn the crazies out of institutions?
probably quite a few. like i said, we can't go at this from 1 direction and think we'll make any progress at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- can't do much , GunOwners have RIGHTS . Stand on those Legal RIGHTS and don't give an inch , be ready and see what happens .
those rights are there because we agree to them and do in fact, defend them. but *we the people* can and do change our rights all the time. there is no god given right to anything, rights are what man has put up and chosen to defend. you can either work to resolve issues you're perceived to be a part of or you can stand that ground until they take that ground away.

there isn't an easy way out of this but we do need to start doing more than we are today, which is a big FUCK YOU to the other side.

That's pretty much how it is ... You are free to bend over so they can get to fucking ... But I am not suspecting everyone will be as compliant ... :dunno:

never
going
to
happen

one step at a time.
so a kid who's had the FBI called on him 20 times isn't an issue and shouldn't ever be flagged?

i can think of no laws that would have stopped almost any of the shootings in the last decade plus. so anything done to limit access should be met with scrutiny yes, but not total disdain and distrust. but again we need to figure out what happened along the way to make kids so willing to pick up a gun and shoot them at people they've known for years. that was unheard of when i was in high school and yet, far too common today.

Thats a rather separate issue. That was a failure on the part of the FBI, and Law Enforcement.
But as far as how often the cops are called... any one can call the cops on anyone, for anything. How would this effect those with neighbors who repeatedly call the cops on someone simply because of some petty fued?

That's pretty much how it is ... You are free to bend over so they can get to fucking ... But I am not suspecting everyone will be as compliant ... :dunno:

nope. going to get worse before it gets better due to all the distrust from both sides. the people getting hurt as usual are the ones in the middle who will be the tipping point factor if you push them too far in either direction.

a gun neutral person who went through a shooting won't stay neutral for long.

Forum List

Back