Rep. Steve King compares workers to commodities like beans and corn

Lady you don't have a clue.
Steel is an input in many products. And it is a commodity. The two are not mutually exclusive. As for the rest of the statement, when someone gets a translator from Gibberish I can respond better.

Steel is not an input. Steel is a raw material when used in the manufacturing of products that contain steel. Steel is a commodity. Please go back to economics class.
Steel is not a raw material. Steel must be manufactured.
Steel is a commodity along with it's components which are used to create steel.
You keep referring to labor in terms of production.
In manufacturing I can assure you that is not the case. For every manufacturing facility that modernizes it becomes less dependent on labor. In many modern factories, most of the work is automated. Large plants are staffed by very few people because the machines do the work.

Which makes the people that can preform the maintenance and repair a more valuable commodity.

and pray tell that does that disqualify the op? economics is based on the management scarcity, labor is no more or less a force employed and /or manipulated by scarcity.

capital may be created by labor, capital is also created by say, soybeans.... labor can become scarce, so can soybeans, the correlation is same, labor becomes scarce via better production methodology, education, loss of skills, or lack of such in some certain econ. or geographical climates.

You Marx et al wish like the Clayton act wish to argue so as to disconnect the economics which commands the result of the manipulation of scarcity to find a political platform, ( as Lincoln did) from which to make the model of economic mgt. somehow unfair, greedy and or harmfully manipulative. good luck on that....
Labor in this country is independent and proud. It has not to ask the patronage of capital, but capital solicits the aid of labor.
Daniel Webster
Hey genius, tell me, if there were no businesses for which labor could perform, for what purpose would labor exist?
Bottom line. No business, no need for labor. Without business there are no jobs.
Simple example. I own a business. I have one employee. My business suffers a downturn in which my revenues are so low I must let me employee go. No business. No job.
Thank you for admitting your business depends on the labor of your employee. With the revenue of your business you solicited the aid of your employee's labor and without the revenue to solicit the aid of the labor of your employee you have no business.
You've proven Daniel Webster, not me, a genius. He thanks you too. :lol:

Labor is not a commodity. Labor is a factor of production.

And King is an utter tool.

Wrong....And here's why....I own a factory. I have 30 employees running 15 machines to make my product.
A salesman who sells machines for my industry offers to sell me new machines that will get my product out faster with better quality and at a lower cost. The machines need one person to run two of them at a time with ease and less stress to the people running them. They are modern and have fewer moving parts. I tell the salesman he has a deal....Now my factory only needs 15 workers and my output is increased by 33%....
Now, since I need fewer people I let half of those 30 people go.
In your world I must keep those people on my payroll because you say labor is a factor of production? I just showed you this is not true...
What say you?

Who said you have to keep them on your payroll? I'm saying get your terminology right if you are going to act like you have any idea of what economics consists of.

Labor is not a commodity. It is not a good purchased on a market that will be used in production or sold to the consumer.

Nothing to do with retaining unnecessary workers.

I guess what the labor market needs is a really good plague. Too many people.

Labor in this country is independent and proud. It has not to ask the patronage of capital, but capital solicits the aid of labor.
Daniel Webster
Hey genius, tell me, if there were no businesses for which labor could perform, for what purpose would labor exist?
Bottom line. No business, no need for labor. Without business there are no jobs.
Simple example. I own a business. I have one employee. My business suffers a downturn in which my revenues are so low I must let me employee go. No business. No job.
Thank you for admitting your business depends on the labor of your employee. With the revenue of your business you solicited the aid of your employee's labor and without the revenue to solicit the aid of the labor of your employee you have no business.
You've proven Daniel Webster, not me, a genius. He thanks you too. :lol:
No dumbass, I do the work myself.
It's the other way around. Without business, I need no employees.
Tell me, what business would hire people it did not need?

I find it utterly fascinating how folk who call themselves "conservatives" under various off-shoot labels are gladly letting themselves be objectified as nothing more than wage slaves and mules by the GOP leadership...to be traded as like some Wall St. commodity.

Last time I checked, PEOPLE performed labor, and therefore should be treated as HUMAN BEINGS, NOT slaves of any sort...remember folks, slaves in America weren't even considered a full human being, but a commodity to be sold. Well, a century or so including laws and wars put a stop to that bilge...or so I thought.

Hey, if you want to be a hump mule for the world King and Boehner envision, that's your problem. Me, I'll take to being a human being who is a citizen, an employee, a worker with RIGHTS and a VOICE in determining his destiny under the CONSTITUTION and BILL OF RIGHTS.

But hey, here's what Boehner and King say:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2mYebSEtvA]YouTube - ‪'Weeper' John Boehner: If GOP Cuts Cause Federal Job Losses, 'So Be It'‬‏[/ame]

Rep. Steve King To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" | Political Correction

I find it utterly fascinating how folk who call themselves "conservatives" under various off-shoot labels are gladly letting themselves be objectified as nothing more than wage slaves and mules by the GOP leadership...to be traded as like some Wall St. commodity.

Last time I checked, PEOPLE performed labor, and therefore should be treated as HUMAN BEINGS, NOT slaves of any sort...remember folks, slaves in America weren't even considered a full human being, but a commodity to be sold. Well, a century or so including laws and wars put a stop to that bilge...or so I thought.

Hey, if you want to be a hump mule for the world King and Boehner envision, that's your problem. Me, I'll take to being a human being who is a citizen, an employee, a worker with RIGHTS and a VOICE in determining his destiny under the CONSTITUTION and BILL OF RIGHTS.

Rep. Steve King To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" | Political Correction

You realie that your post was a poorly constructed jumble of words and catch phrases that really doesn't have much meaning, right?

You realie that your post was a poorly constructed jumble of words and catch phrases that really doesn't have much meaning, right?

His FIRST Mistake is pre-supposing what Conservatives are in the first place.

And since "The Rabbi" cannot fault what I say, or does he have the honesty to either reject or endorse the heinous declarations of Boehner and King, "the Rabbi" just blows smoke as usual.

Like "the Rabbi", "T" doesn't have the intellectual honesty to either reject or endorse the heinous declarations of Boehner and King?

And is "T" actually stupid enough to try and insinuate that King or Boehner are not "conservatives"? And if that is indeed the case, what political person or party does "T" consider a conservative....or are we to be subjected to some dodgy neocon BS and neologisms to avoid an honest answer? Let's see.

Like "the Rabbi", "T" doesn't have the intellectual honesty to either reject or endorse the heinous declarations of Boehner and King?

And is "T" actually stupid enough to try and insinuate that King or Boehner are not "conservatives"? And if that is indeed the case, what political person or party does "T" consider a conservative....or are we to be subjected to some dodgy neocon BS and neologisms to avoid an honest answer? Let's see.

YOUR FIRST *MISTAKE* is likenenin *ME* to ANYONE you myophic OAF, and claiming the Conservatives are as 'NEOCONS'...SON? You are playing with FIRE...and about to be BURNED...

crackhead.jpg

YOUR FIRST *MISTAKE* is likenenin *ME* to ANYONE you myophic OAF, and claiming the Conservatives are as 'NEOCONS'...SON? You are playing with FIRE...and about to be BURNED...

As you can see folks, "T" is doing everything BUT answer a simple question: does he support what King and Boehner state? Rather than do this, "T" just trys to dodge the issue but making a lot of allegations and accusations, but NEVER making any definitive statement.

"T" is typical of the intellectual cowards who wants to condemn others while avoiding any accountability or identification of his own values/beliefs/convictions. Let's watch him dance.

And since "The Rabbi" cannot fault what I say, or does he have the honesty to either reject or endorse the heinous declarations of Boehner and King, "the Rabbi" just blows smoke as usual.

Fault it? I couldn't even understand it. It was such a jumble of slogans, half truths, mis-statements and illiteracies that I would need a lobotomy to figure out what was being said.

Forum List

Back