Rep. Shooter suspended from appropriations chair, Chamber of Commerce calls for resignation

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Another Republican goes down?

"After multiple allegations of sexual harassment, Rep. Don Shooter has been suspended from his duties as chairman of the Arizona House’s powerful budget committee.

Additionally, an influential business group has called on Shooter to resign.

The Arizona Chamber of Commerce, which wields considerable power in the legislature, said Shooter should resign, its spokesman, Garrick Taylor, said. The Chamber also supports the investigations initiated by Mesnard into all of the allegations, Taylor said.

Arizona House GOP spokesman Matt Specht said Shooter, a Republican from Yuma, has not been removed from the committee, but rather suspended.

Rep. Don Shooter (R-Yuma)

Shooter has served as chairman of the House Appropriations committee since January. Before that, he was the chairman of the Senate Appropriations committee.

Over the past few days, eight women have come forward with allegations of harassment and inappropriate behavior, ranging from unwanted touching to sexually charged comments.

House Speaker J.D. Mesnard initiated multiple investigations into the allegations, three of which came from sitting lawmakers.

This morning, Mi-Ai Parrish, the publisher of The Arizona Republic, said Shooter made a remark about items on a sexual bucket list in a professional meeting about public notices."

Hmmm, and how long before the rightwing gets smart and starts going after Democrats
for abusing Black voters, donors, etc. with fraud and misrepresentation and legal abuse
to cover up collusion and corruption.

This competition to bring down each other's party leaders and officials
could turn around into backing for Democrat Exit advocates who want
those grievances heard as well!

Hmmm, and how long before the rightwing gets smart and starts going after Democrats
for abusing Black voters, donors, etc. with fraud and misrepresentation and legal abuse
to cover up collusion and corruption.

This competition to bring down each other's party leaders and officials
could turn around into backing for Democrat Exit advocates who want
those grievances heard as well!

Maybe..but there is that sexual element..that fuels the accusations against some politicians. Fraud, money..misrepresentation..none of those sell..like sex.

'
"I have here in my pocket the names of 167 sexual harassers in high governmental positions ....."

[You need to have been alive in the 1950's to understand this one]

OMG, an Arizona House member!

Call me back when this is an elected rep in the federal government.

I think I have the goods on the local magistrate for not saying "Thank you!" when I held a door open for him!

I agree..small potatoes..I guess I was entranced by an Arizona politician named 'Shooter'..you'd think he'd be golden!

'
"I have here in my pocket the names of 167 sexual harassers in high governmental positions ....."

[You need to have been alive in the 1950's to understand this one]

No, one need not have been alive in the 1950s to understand the reference, you arrogant fuck. One only need know history...

Forum List

Back