Rep. Ellison Calls Hannity 'Worst Excuse For a Journalist I've Ever Seen'

I just wonder if anybody realizes that Hannity, like Limbaugh, don't claim to be journalists? They openly state they express their personal viewpoints in their commentaries.

Yeah, and you call that WORK? Most of you right wing wannabees do the same thing for free right here on USMB.

Be truthful:Neither Limbaugh or Hannity are worth more than $35,000 per year combined!

I just wonder if anybody realizes that Hannity, like Limbaugh, don't claim to be journalists? They openly state they express their personal viewpoints in their commentaries.

Yeah, and you call that WORK? Most of you right wing wannabees do the same thing for free right here on USMB.

Be truthful:Neither Limbaugh or Hannity are worth more than $35,000 per year combined!

^ but when you left wing idiots constantly spew your mindless musings, you think it's somehow different?

When Chrissy "thrill up his leg" Matthews practically cums on air over Obama, morons like you imagine that he is being a "journalist."

Look. It's simple. Political commentary is largely sport. It has become entertainment. So, Rush is worth EXACTLY what he's getting as is Hannity as is even Chrissy Matthews.

Simple basic concepts really fly miles over your head, ya poor kid.

Last edited:

Well, Rush must be doing something right as his net worth is estimated at 400 million with annual earnings of 40 million.

Poor Sean, on the other hand, only has an estimated annual earning of 123 million.

Poor Bill Maher, the darling of the left, sadly only makes as estimated 23 million.

That must say something about the messages they are airing. :eusa_whistle:

^ but when you left wing idiots constantly spew your mindless musings, you think it's somehow different?

When Chrissy "thrill up his leg" Matthews practically cums on air over Obama, morons like you imagine that he is being a "journalist."

Look. It's simple. Political commentary is largely sport. It has become entertainment. So, Rush is worth EXACTLY what he's getting as is Hannity as is even Chrissy Matthews.

You have a BIG face but a small brain! I am neither a leftist OR a rightist I think of myself as an American. That means I am not going to allow anyone to pigeonholed me into any particular political group, including you! But keep trying, you seem to love chasing illusions!

I have not said that I thought ANY of the media darling " political analysts," left or right, are journalists. The demons you conjured are all in your mind. I simply stated that I do not believe what they do is work! It was you who took that statement and added your own misguided definitions of what it meant!

There is a historical precedent for the type of political news coverage shown on Faux News, though. Its called Yellow Journalism. That particular news strategy was used in the 1900s to sell newspapers; but, today, many of the terms used to define Yellow Journalism
can be applied to the rantings of Limbaugh, Hannity and even Orielly.

You have a BIG face but a small brain! I am neither a leftist OR a rightist I think of myself as an American. That means I am not going to allow anyone to pigeonholed me into any particular political group, including you! But keep trying, you seem to love chasing illusions!

I have not said that I thought ANY of the media darling " political analysts," left or right, are journalists. The demons you conjured are all in your mind. I simply stated that I do not believe what they do is work! It was you who took that statement and added your own misguided definitions of what it meant!

There is a historical precedent for the type of political news coverage shown on Faux News, though. Its called Yellow Journalism. That particular news strategy was used in the 1900s to sell newspapers; but, today, many of the terms used to define Yellow Journalism

My avie has a big face. See the difference?

No. I'm sure you don't. You appear to have almost no brain. Being an American doesn't alter that.

No, what you SAID was (and by the way, it was quoted): "Be truthful:Neither Limbaugh or Hannity are worth more than $35,000 per year combined!"

First of all, that ignores the logic that says that, in the entertainment field, one is worth what one commands.

It also is just a spewing of your dopey opinion. So it's not a matter those who disagree with you are being untruthful or truthful about. It is mere opinion. If you enjoy juicy oranges, that does not make it "truthful" that oranges are inherently and universally enjoyable.

I hate Lima beans. Some folks like them. In correctly stating one's own views about Lima beans, one is being neither truthful or untruthful about Lima beans in general.

I don't have time to patch all the holes in your education.

Last edited:
No. He did nothing wrong in regard to him criticizing Hannity as a journalist.

However, his approach was childish and by no means worthy of a lawmaker.

Sadly, we have come to expect no better of our elected officials.

You are absolutely right. We should be expecting our elected officials to yell "you lie" to the President during his SOFU...

Another one who thinks it is OK to rationalize the actions of one they support by comparing it to the actions of one they do not support.

Ironically, you, I am sure, talked trash when the "you lie" comment was made.

Well....so did I.

At least I am consitant.

You defended Wilson. Check it out:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/181295-joe-wilson-s-back-with-proof-obama-did-lie.html#post4024726

Hypocrite, liar, etc.

Last edited:
You have a BIG face but a small brain! I am neither a leftist OR a rightist I think of myself as an American.

An "American" who happens to vote 100% for the party and who attacks anyone not loyal to the party.

That means I am not going to allow anyone to pigeonholed me into any particular political group, including you! But keep trying, you seem to love chasing illusions!

I feel your pain, what's a good Bolshevik to do?

That's nice.

But MSNBC and the NY Times are just pure and unbiased, right Comrade?

I believe Ellison said Hannity practiced "Yellow Journalism".

It was than Hannity said he was not a Republican, but a "registered Conservative"

We all know Conservatism requires registration in order to vote!

Ugly ....

:eusa_liar:

IlarMeilyr
IlarMeilyr said:
First of all, that ignores the logic that says that, in the entertainment field, one is worth what one commands

Your logic? I'm not the only one ignoring it! BTW, I have not bought into your specious rationale that Limbaugh and Hannity are entertainers. They both show symptoms of advanced Yellow Journalism. Nowadays it is spread over the airways via TV broadcasts. It is endemic among white males who are being affected at much higher rates than the general populace!

IlarMeilyr said:
It also is just a spewing of your dopey opinion. So it's not a matter those who disagree with you are being untruthful or truthful about. It is mere opinion. If you enjoy juicy oranges, that does not make it "truthful" that oranges are inherently and universally enjoyable.

As a matter of fact, all oranges are not juicy and sweet; so, that analogy is a poor one to say the least. You are beginning to ramble, I'm worried about you

I hate Lima beans. Some folks like them. In correctly stating one's own views about Lima beans, one is being neither truthful or untruthful about Lima beans in general.

I don't think there is a general consensus here about whether Limbaugh or Hannity are entertainers or "yellow" Journalists. If you want to get right down to it ALL news broadcasts fail under the purview of entertainment. But I think that Hannity and Limbaugh go a bit further than mere entertainment. They are passionate in parlaying their political ideas to the masses.
I am just glad that most Americans are tuning them out and off.

IlarMeilyr said:
I don't have time to patch all the holes in your education.

Well, I guess this is goodbye. Nice chatting with you!

You have a BIG face but a small brain! I am neither a leftist OR a rightist I think of myself as an American.

An "American" who happens to vote 100% for the party and who attacks anyone not loyal to the party.

That means I am not going to allow anyone to pigeonholed me into any particular political group, including you! But keep trying, you seem to love chasing illusions!

I feel your pain, what's a good Bolshevik to do?

That's nice.

But MSNBC and the NY Times are just pure and unbiased, right Comrade?

Weren't we talking about Hannity and Limbaugh here? If you want to talk about other news networks, start a thread about them..

Weren't we talking about Hannity and Limbaugh here?

No, you were spewing hatred at anyone who fails to faithfully recite the party line.

If you want to talk about other news networks, start a thread about them..

ROFL

You want to spew your hate, and not be interrupted.

{Yellow journalism, or the yellow press, is a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers.[1] Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism.[1] By extension, the term yellow journalism is used today as a pejorative to decry any journalism that treats news in an unprofessional or unethical fashion.[2]}

Yellow journalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So we can see that you are an uneducated cretin who bandies about terms you don't grasp.

Neither Limbaugh nor Hannity can fit the bill of "Yellow Journalists" as neither are journalists nor do either purport to report the news. Even the news source you rely on, Comedy Central, is free from that charge.

The NY Times fits the bill, but editorials and commentators by definition cannot be "Yellow Journalists."

You're not an ignorant buffoon because you're a leftist, Sparky - you're a leftist because you're an ignorant buffoon.

Weren't we talking about Hannity and Limbaugh here?

No, you were spewing hatred at anyone who fails to faithfully recite the party line.

If you want to talk about other news networks, start a thread about them..

ROFL

You want to spew your hate, and not be interrupted.

{Yellow journalism, or the yellow press, is a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers.[1] Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism.[1] By extension, the term yellow journalism is used today as a pejorative to decry any journalism that treats news in an unprofessional or unethical fashion.[2]}

Yellow journalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So we can see that you are an uneducated cretin who bandies about terms you don't grasp.

Neither Limbaugh nor Hannity can fit the bill of "Yellow Journalists" as neither are journalists nor do either purport to report the news. Even the news source you rely on, Comedy Central, is free from that charge.

The NY Times fits the bill, but editorials and commentators by definition cannot be "Yellow Journalists."

You're not an ignorant buffoon because you're a leftist, Sparky - you're a leftist because you're an ignorant buffoon.

If there is any ignorance shown here it is yours. Once you learn to read and comprehend what you read there may be hope for your mangy arse. Your five minute education on the Wikipedia site doesn't make you a scholar but it does under line your inherent stupidity!

The definition of Yellow Journalism ,you posted, supports my narratives more than it does yours. I guess my reference to newspapers went right over your head; an easy thing to do since you are on all fours! BTW since you are close to the ground, get off your front paws and find a dictionary or knock one off a table so you can get to it. Look up the words "by" and "extension." Toss those definitions around in your canine mind a while and the lights might come on.

You dare to accuse me of spewing hate when your jaws are rabid with the froth of hate.
But that is expected of a Jackal like you!

Last edited:
While I don't do drugs or drink, I must admit that I do a fair amount of reading. I read over 70 books last year. However, I've never read Mein Kampf. But I must admit, that I would pick up a copy and thumb through it if I ever saw one. You? I don't know. You would either publicly come out in favor of burning it (along with a number of other books) or you would take it home to see if you could use some of 'dolf's ideas to further the conservative 'struggle.'

Hitler was a run of the mill leftist. He bitched about the raw deal labor got and the oppression visited on the working classes by the wealthy (Jews.) At the Mein Kampf state, he had no actual program, he needed Mussolini to define an economic program. Hitler was little more than a community organizer, at that point.

There you go again spreading misinformation! No, Hitler was NOT a leftist. But before you explode with a tirade of flame driven denials, answer this question. What groups were among the first people sent to the concentration camps along with the jews?

From a student type web site, a general set of statements about the differences between the belief system of 'liberal" and "conservative."

Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs

We all want the same things in life. We want freedom; we want the chance for prosperity; we want as few people suffering as possible; we want healthy children; we want to have crime-free streets. The argument is how to achieve them.

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

Conservatives
believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/conservative-vs-liberal-beliefs/

For a short-hand statement, that wasn't too horrible.

Did Adolph espouse "personal" responsibility? Nah. Did he think the Nazi government should be "limited?" Of course not. He did not much believe in free markets, since the State owned the businesses, by and large. Did he believe in personal liberty? Well, not for Jews, Poles, gays, Russians, etc. Now he did believe in a strong military power, but not so much "defense" as offensive. It looks like Hitler was indeed a liberal.

From a student type web site, a general set of statements about the differences between the belief system of 'liberal" and "conservative."

Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs

We all want the same things in life. We want freedom; we want the chance for prosperity; we want as few people suffering as possible; we want healthy children; we want to have crime-free streets. The argument is how to achieve them.

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

Conservatives
believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs | Student News Daily

For a short-hand statement, that wasn't too horrible.

Did Adolph espouse "personal" responsibility? Nah. Did he think the Nazi government should be "limited?" Of course not. He did not much believe in free markets, since the State owned the businesses, by and large. Did he believe in personal liberty? Well, not for Jews, Poles, gays, Russians, etc. Now he did believe in a strong military power, but not so much "defense" as offensive. It looks like Hitler was indeed a liberal.

No serious historian would characterize Hitler as a liberal. Only an American right wing zealot would even entertain such stupidity. Liberalism is the bulwark of tolerance while the
so-called conservatives epitomize intolerance, just like Hitler did. If you listen to Limbaugh or Hanniity long enough, with an objective mind, you can hear echoes of Nazi Germany in their one dimensional spoken narratives.

But don't take my word for it. Hitler's political and philosophical leanings have already been worked over pretty well right here on USMB. Here is one of my favorite posters giving his take on the subject: LINKhttp://www.usmessageboard.com/education/85074-hitler-hated-communism-socialist-homosexuals-and-jews.html#post1423200

Forum List

Back