Renewables you support-solar or wind.

What renewable source of energy do you support

• Total voters
  • Banned
Germany uses a lot of wind(about 1/3rd of their energy mix) at a profit. Energy companies wouldn't add it to their energy profile if it didn't make a profile.
Tens of thousands of people buy roof top solar and make a profit.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Japan's Solar Energy Market Surge Blows Away Earlier Forecasts

Japan Solar Power Market Growth | The Energy Collective

The newly projected 350 percent growth of Japan’s solar market from 2012 to 2013 dwarfs estimates made earlier this year.

“The Japanese feed-in tariff is one of the most lucrative in the world,” explained Adam James, GTM Research Solar Analyst for Global Demand. “As a result, there has been a gold rush. In the first half of 2013, we saw twice as much solar installed in Japan as in all of 2012. From 1.7 gigawatts last year, we expect the Japanese market to grow to well over 6 gigawatts of installed capacity in 2013.”

Not profitable? LOL

• Banned
3 Charts Showing Solar Power’s Wicked Growth

The solar power trend is undeniable. Solar power’s growth curve is so steep that anyone with half a brain cell can see that it is going up for a long time to come. Below are 4 recent charts on this topic that I think everyone in the US should see. So, please, check them out and then share them with your friends, families, and people on the street!

renewable-energy-growth-rate.png

Here’s is some solar power growth looking to jump off the charts. This first chart shows annual capacity growth rates for renewable energy technologies. As you can see, several renewable energy technologies have seen strong growth, but solar thermal power’s growth rocks, and solar PV’s growth crushes it!

3 Solar Power Growth Charts -- Wicked Charts | Cost of Solar - Learn the Benefits of Solar Energy

global-solar-PV-capacity-growth.png

Look at that growth! It’s like what we saw with cell phones, computers, refrigerators, and many other commonplace technologies as they surged to dominance.

Lastly, here’s another fun one on how extremely fast solar thermal power is growing.

You say that without a clue of what you're talking with. People make a profit off of solar all the time.

While one can make a profit off renewable sources, the jury is still out as to whether or not oil and natural gases are renewable sources and clearly oil and coal are more profitable than wind and solar if you are grid connected.

I voted both because I believe off grid solutions have their place, solar, wind, hydroelectric are all great things. As are nuclear, oil, gas, coal... more the better in my opinion, just so long as we are not poisoning our water, cutting down our forests etc.

Forum List

Back