Renewable energy

The corporations pay the GOP a lot to stay ignorant. Reminds me of when they said led was natural and OK for us. Liar or stupid. Which are you? Do you really believe or are you being paid to lie?

Just ask James Hansen who lives in his mansion and drives a Bentley, ask AL Gore who bought 7 of his 9 mansions preaching the AGW scriptures..

You tell me..
The al gore has a mansion argument is so dumb. This isn't something one person can fix. This has to be mandated by our society so we all stop burning so much electricity.

I heard we burn more electricity collectively with our DVDs plugged in but not running than we do watching DVDs.

Pollution does not equal AGW.

AGW is a religious cult not based on any real science.
I won't even read your posts anymore. Too dumb and infuriating

Solar hydro wind and they had this smokestack with water vapor coming out.

Water Vapor is a GHG or did you not know that?
So?

And the far left/AGW cult proves that they do not understand anything beyond their programming..

People are never told that the most powerful greenhouse gases by orders of magnitude is water vapor and clouds. When only human emitted CO2 is considered, less than one percent of the greenhouse gas potential comes from human activity. Yet, all the global warming is supposed to be attributed to it. Water vapor plays a huge role in keeping the earth warm; 70 times more powerful than the CO2 emitted by human activity. When clouds are added, CO2 becomes even less important. However, clouds not only trap heat, low elevation clouds also reflect much of the incoming solar radiation, so the sun's heat never reaches the earth's surface which cools the earth. It is this mechanism that a growing number of scientists believe is one of the primary mechanisms warming and cooling the earth.
You lying little fuck. Every scientific paper that concerns itself with the warming potential of GHGs includes water vapor. From John Tyndall to present.

We have increased the CO2 level from 280 ppm to over 400 ppm, the CH4 level from 760 ppb to over 1850 ppb. And added industrial gases for which there is no natural analog, many of which are thousands of times as powerful of GHGs as CO2.

American Chemical Society

It’s Water Vapor, Not the CO2
ACS Climate Science Toolkit | Narratives
Remark: “The Earth has certainly been warming since we have added so much CO2 to the atmosphere from fossil fuel burning.”
Reply: “Forget the CO2. Water vapor is the most important greenhouse gas. It controls the Earth’s temperature.”

It’s true that water vapor is the largest contributor to the Earth’s greenhouse effect. On average, it probably accounts for about 60% of the warming effect. However, water vapor does not control the Earth’s temperature, but is instead controlled by the temperature. This is because the temperature of the surrounding atmosphere limits the maximum amount of water vapor the atmosphere can contain. If a volume of air contains its maximum amount of water vapor and the temperature is decreased, some of the water vapor will condense to form liquid water. This is why clouds form as warm air containing water vapor rises and cools at higher altitudes where the water condenses to the tiny droplets that make up clouds.

The greenhouse effect that has maintained the Earth’s temperature at a level warm enough for human civilization to develop over the past several millennia is controlled by non-condensable gases, mainly carbon dioxide, CO2, with smaller contributions from methane, CH4, nitrous oxide, N2O, and ozone, O3. Since the middle of the 20th century, small amounts of man-made gases, mostly chlorine- and fluorine-containing solvents and refrigerants, have been added to the mix. Because these gases are not condensable at atmospheric temperatures and pressures, the atmosphere can pack in much more of these gases . Thus, CO2 (as well as CH4, N2O, and O3) has been building up in the atmosphere since the Industrial Revolution when we began burning large amounts of fossil fuel.

If there had been no increase in the amounts of non-condensable greenhouse gases, the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere would not have changed with all other variables remaining the same. The addition of the non-condensable gases causes the temperature to increase and this leads to an increase in water vapor that further increases the temperature. This is an example of a positive feedback effect. The warming due to increasing non-condensable gases causes more water vapor to enter the atmosphere, which adds to the effect of the non-condensables.

Look how much you had to say to explain why he's wrong and I bet you'll catch him making the same bad argument in a couple days. Eventually you get tired of explaining over and over

Wrong! CO2 does not control climate.. Never has, that is why AGW is bunk..

96% of CO2 emissions are from natural sources, only 4% is man-made

Last edited:
The corporations pay the GOP a lot to stay ignorant. Reminds me of when they said led was natural and OK for us. Liar or stupid. Which are you? Do you really believe or are you being paid to lie?

Just ask James Hansen who lives in his mansion and drives a Bentley, ask AL Gore who bought 7 of his 9 mansions preaching the AGW scriptures..

You tell me..
The al gore has a mansion argument is so dumb. This isn't something one person can fix. This has to be mandated by our society so we all stop burning so much electricity.

I heard we burn more electricity collectively with our DVDs plugged in but not running than we do watching DVDs.

The irony of that post!

Solar hydro wind and they had this smokestack with water vapor coming out.

So?

And the far left/AGW cult proves that they do not understand anything beyond their programming..

People are never told that the most powerful greenhouse gases by orders of magnitude is water vapor and clouds. When only human emitted CO2 is considered, less than one percent of the greenhouse gas potential comes from human activity. Yet, all the global warming is supposed to be attributed to it. Water vapor plays a huge role in keeping the earth warm; 70 times more powerful than the CO2 emitted by human activity. When clouds are added, CO2 becomes even less important. However, clouds not only trap heat, low elevation clouds also reflect much of the incoming solar radiation, so the sun's heat never reaches the earth's surface which cools the earth. It is this mechanism that a growing number of scientists believe is one of the primary mechanisms warming and cooling the earth.
You lying little fuck. Every scientific paper that concerns itself with the warming potential of GHGs includes water vapor. From John Tyndall to present.

We have increased the CO2 level from 280 ppm to over 400 ppm, the CH4 level from 760 ppb to over 1850 ppb. And added industrial gases for which there is no natural analog, many of which are thousands of times as powerful of GHGs as CO2.

Remark: “The Earth has certainly been warming since we have added so much CO2 to the atmosphere from fossil fuel burning.”
Reply: “Forget the CO2. Water vapor is the most important greenhouse gas. It controls the Earth’s temperature.”

It’s true that water vapor is the largest contributor to the Earth’s greenhouse effect. On average, it probably accounts for about 60% of the warming effect. However, water vapor does not control the Earth’s temperature, but is instead controlled by the temperature. This is because the temperature of the surrounding atmosphere limits the maximum amount of water vapor the atmosphere can contain. If a volume of air contains its maximum amount of water vapor and the temperature is decreased, some of the water vapor will condense to form liquid water. This is why clouds form as warm air containing water vapor rises and cools at higher altitudes where the water condenses to the tiny droplets that make up clouds.

The greenhouse effect that has maintained the Earth’s temperature at a level warm enough for human civilization to develop over the past several millennia is controlled by non-condensable gases, mainly carbon dioxide, CO2, with smaller contributions from methane, CH4, nitrous oxide, N2O, and ozone, O3. Since the middle of the 20th century, small amounts of man-made gases, mostly chlorine- and fluorine-containing solvents and refrigerants, have been added to the mix. Because these gases are not condensable at atmospheric temperatures and pressures, the atmosphere can pack in much more of these gases . Thus, CO2 (as well as CH4, N2O, and O3) has been building up in the atmosphere since the Industrial Revolution when we began burning large amounts of fossil fuel.

If there had been no increase in the amounts of non-condensable greenhouse gases, the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere would not have changed with all other variables remaining the same. The addition of the non-condensable gases causes the temperature to increase and this leads to an increase in water vapor that further increases the temperature. This is an example of a positive feedback effect. The warming due to increasing non-condensable gases causes more water vapor to enter the atmosphere, which adds to the effect of the non-condensables.
Old lying fuck is posting propaganda from his big oil funded AGU .....

wpid-img_20141216_143215-e1418831704757.jpg

photo source

Last edited:

The problem is there is not a shred of empirical evidence to support AGW theory. Nada, zilch, zero, null. That IS the reality. And the government handouts to the various NGO's and other advocacy groups is orders of magnitude more than what the corporations have doled out.
Once again, Walleyes, you are a liar. Every single Scientific Society states you are a liar. Most importantly, the American Institute of Physics has a site that shows in what ways you are lying.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect
You post these shit pellets over and over again, they have all been debunked multiple times by multiple people...

You tell me..

The Left wit ignorance on display is astounding. Because his facts, which are correct, conflict with your religion you do what every good cult member does..stomp your feet, cry, and throw a tantrum..

The problem is there is not a shred of empirical evidence to support AGW theory. Nada, zilch, zero, null. That IS the reality. And the government handouts to the various NGO's and other advocacy groups is orders of magnitude more than what the corporations have doled out.
Once again, Walleyes, you are a liar. Every single Scientific Society states you are a liar. Most importantly, the American Institute of Physics has a site that shows in what ways you are lying.

Um, no. Those groups merely show that CO2 IS a GHG. We already knew that. What is not proven is the fact that CO2 can do anything in an open system which Earths atmosphere is.

Um, no. Those groups merely show that CO2 IS a GHG. We already knew that. What is not proven is the fact that CO2 can do anything in an open system which Earths atmosphere is.
I see. Then what you are saying is that there is some magical limit to which the GHG's can work, and after that, they do not work? I mean, even by 1896 they knew that without CO2 in the air, the oceans would be frozen nearly to the equator. How is that not working in an open system? And we know from the proxies what the very rapid increase, as in the PT extinction event, of GHGs can do.

By the way, do you also have a Phd in Atmospheric Physics? A goodly number of people that do will tell you that you are dead wrong.

Oil companies need geologist to work for them, therefore, they sponsor both the AGU and the GSA meetings. Hasn't changed the policy statements of either organization one whit.

I see. Then what you are saying is that there is some magical limit to which the GHG's can work, and after that, they do not work? I mean, even by 1896 they knew that without CO2 in the air, the oceans would be frozen nearly to the equator. How is that not working in an open system? And we know from the proxies what the very rapid increase, as in the PT extinction event, of GHGs can do.

No, what I'm saying is the atmospheric density probably has more to do with the heat retention we enjoy than the fact that water vapor is a GHG. We simply DON'T KNOW. You see dear child, that's the difference between a parrot such as yourself, and a scientist. We admit when we don't know something because that might inspire research into new and previously un-thought of angles.

Cultists, such as yourself, insist that theirs is the only way and smother any questions that challenge their scripture. Then of course they actively persecute those who disagree with them because that is what cultists do.

By the way, do you also have a Phd in Atmospheric Physics? A goodly number of people that do will tell you that you are dead wrong.
\

No, I don't. Why then don't they speak to the questions that are being asked.

I do believe that Dr. James Hansen has done exactly that for his whole career. In his 1981 paper where he correctly predicts the opening of the Northwest passage in the early 21st century, to the droughts in the southwest of our nation, and those in central Asia. That paper also includes the math for his conclusions.

http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/1981/1981_Hansen_etal_1.pdf

Summary. The global temperature rose by 0.20C between the middle 1960's and
1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is
consistent with the calculated greenhouse effect due to measured increases of
atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar
luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend
of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming
should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the
century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980's. Potential effects on
climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North
America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West
Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the
fabled Northwest Passage.

Oil companies need geologist to work for them, therefore, they sponsor both the AGU and the GSA meetings. Hasn't changed the policy statements of either organization one whit.

According to the AGW cult, that means they were bought and paid for by the oil companies and can't be trusted to give objective opinions.

Live by the sword. Die by the sword.

Last edited:
Rabett Run Revised AGU Statement on Climate Change

Human induced climate change requires urgent action.

Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years.
Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes.

Human activities are changing Earth’s climate. At the global level, atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide and other heat trapping greenhouse gases have increased sharply since the Industrial Revolution. Fossil fuel burning dominates this increase. Human caused increases in greenhouse gases are responsible for most of the observed global average surface warming of roughly 0.8°C (1.5°F) over the past 140 years. Because natural processes cannot quickly remove some of these gases (notably carbon dioxide) from the atmosphere, our past, present, and future emissions will influence the climate
system for millennia.

Extensive, independent observations confirm the reality of global warming. These observations show large scale increases in air and sea temperatures, sea level, and atmospheric water vapor; they document decreases in the extent of mountain glaciers, snow cover, permafrost, and Arctic sea ice. These changes are broadly consistent with long understood physics and predictions of how the climate system is expected to respond to human caused increases in greenhouse gases. The changes are inconsistent with explanations of climate change that rely on known natural influences.

Climate models predict that global temperatures will continue to rise, with the amount of warming primarily determined by the level of emissions. Higher emissions of greenhouse gases will lead to larger warming, and greater risks to society and ecosystems. Some additional warming is unavoidable due to past emissions.

I realize that you cannot understand scientific honesty, Pattycake, just as you cannot understand honesty on any level. But the oil companies need geologists, and the geologists need jobs.

The Geological Society of America - Position Statement on Climate Change

Climate Change

Adopted in October 2006; revised April 2010; March 2013

Position Statement
Decades of scientific research have shown that climate can change from both natural and anthropogenic causes. The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2011), and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2007) that global climate has warmed and that human activities (mainly greenhouse-gas emissions) account for most of the warming since the middle 1900s. If current trends continue, the projected increase in global temperature by the end of the twenty-first century will result in significant impacts on humans and other species. Addressing the challenges posed by climate change will require a combination of adaptation to the changes that are likely to occur and global reductions of CO2 emissions from anthropogenic sources.

No euphisms here. Direct and to the point. Yet the oil companies still help fund their meetings, and will continue to do so even when oil becomes mostly an industrial stock, rather than a fuel.

Oh gee, how unsurprising...yet more appeals to authority from people who's professional reputations and financial future, DEPEND on maintaining the fraud. Why you find this compelling is beyond me.

Gawd! Old Fraud is still posting James Hansen as if he was credible in any form or fashion... Then he goes on to repost works, which have been shown lacking, as fact... The Stupid, It burns...

So?

Look how much you had to say to explain why he's wrong and I bet you'll catch him making the same bad argument in a couple days. Eventually you get tired of explaining over and over

Wrong! CO2 does not control climate.. Never has, that is why AGW is bunk..

96% of CO2 emissions are from natural sources, only 4% is man-made
There's a difference too. Look into it. I'm done explaining to u

Forum List

Back