Remington 870 DM

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Been wanting one of these for awhile...finally back in stock, 180 day layaway @ Buds Guns for $402:

Remington 870DM 12ga 18.5

As it doesn't state otherwise, I'm assuming this model is fixed cylinder bore...not a big deal if you are only using it for self defense. I'm also going to use this for hunting. The great news is, it will take any 870 barrel.

Below is a review of the upgraded Magpul model...but it will give you the general idea if you'd rather read a review from a well respected source...

Gun Review: Remington 870 DM Magpul Shotgun - The Truth About Guns

Can't guarantee this will still be on 180 day layaway if you read this after the sun comes up...Bud's runs a lot of popular guns for a short time in the wee hours of the morning.

Last edited:
if my memory is good, we used 870s in the USMC guard duty ----IIRC

Could be. I'm not sure the Army has any shotguns outside of the military police. I know I never trained on one. We used our M16s on guard duty. My Dad was in the Air Force in the 50s...his TIs gave Airman on guard duty a wooden gun and a whistle. :)

if my memory is good, we used 870s in the USMC guard duty ----IIRC

Could be. I'm not sure the Army has any shotguns outside of the military police. I know I never trained on one. We used our M16s on guard duty. My Dad was in the Air Force in the 50s...his TIs gave Airman on guard duty a wooden gun and a whistle. :)
...I think they issued maybe 2 shot guns for the React Force of about 14 Marines--if I remember correctly
the rest had 16s
...wooden?? I guess to hit people with

This doesn't seem like it would be legal without a tax stamp...

Untitled.png

Remington 870 DM Tac-14 12 Gauge with 14-Inch Barrel and Detachable Magazine

I thought maybe it was Canada (short barrel shotguns are legal there)...but a commenter asked if it was California legal, and the business responds "not legal in California".

Forum List

Back