Remember when the left hammered Romney for "I like to fire people"?

Now they are all crying rivers of tears over "You didn't make that"

Too damn funny. What's good for the goose.....

I agree, both were taken out of context.

Although the neener neener approach will be the death of the country.

What can you do? :dunno:

Demand term limits and public financing

Well yeah.

The problem is demands from the fraction of the voting populace that actually wants to improve things don't mean a thing.

Too many idiots.

In fairness, it wasn't just the left who took the "I like to fire people" out of context. It was Romney's Republican rivals as well. :eek:
I remember being quite critical of some of them at the time in other venues, although not here at USMB, since I only came back last week.

What makes a sentence or phrase an out-of-context attack is that it changes the meaning of the statement. Obama and his supporters are whining that he was taken out of context with "you didn't build that", but the meaning hasn't been changed. He meant what he said. No part of his commentary fails to lead back to the general context of his argument, that there's a vested public interest in what are essentially PRIVATE enterprises.

His supporters obviously will attempt to spin it, but everybody knows what he meant. The meaning hasn't been changed. Whether we hear the whole commentary or whether we hear a small snippet of it, we heard what he said.

That is quite a bit of a double standard, and Mitts whole statement was normal for any American to want to fire someone who doesn't measure up. No edit needed on Obama's stupidity. Lol karma :up:

That is quite a bit of a double standard, and Mitts whole statement was normal for any American to want to fire someone who doesn't measure up. No edit needed on Obama's stupidity. Lol karma :up:

This thread will bring out the people that can be honest.

It will also bring out those that can't. <---------You :thup:

Forgot quote function bbl no time liberals to feed unfortunately, but I saw both quotes a dozen times and Mitt said nothing odd Obama however proves he's a Marxist. That's not honest? Lol wrong

Except for public service, collective "bargaining", civil servants..........

Those parasitic dolts create "prosperity"............

Forgot quote function bbl no time liberals to feed unfortunately, but I saw both quotes a dozen times and Mitt said nothing odd Obama however proves he's a Marxist. That's not honest? Lol wrong

I'm pretty sure you're replying to me, but only because you used "honest" at the end.

The rest is seemingly just gibberish. :dunno:

Forum List

Back