Remember when the left hammered Romney for "I like to fire people"?

Forgot quote function bbl no time liberals to feed unfortunately, but I saw both quotes a dozen times and Mitt said nothing odd Obama however proves he's a Marxist. That's not honest? Lol wrong

I'm pretty sure you're replying to me, but only because you used "honest" at the end.

The rest is seemingly just gibberish. :dunno:
Well I'm guilty of ranting at times and don't claim intellectual superiority by any means just logic. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought thread writer was merely pointing out the two statements. One of which the liberal media edited or cut off right after Mitt says "I like to fire people....."
And the Obama you didn't build that speech ? Where we heard him, and the liberal spin machine says we didn't hear it right. That's what I saw I'm sorry you didn't.

Now they are all crying rivers of tears over "You didn't make that"

Too damn funny. What's good for the goose.....

What I remember most were the Romney defenders insisting he was being taken out of context.

That would be because he was taken out of context. :rolleyes:

"I like to fire people" was in the context of quality control regarding health insurance companies. You can't fire The Government if that's your only choice in healthcare coverage. You can fire a private insurance company that's not giving you good service.

Yes I do. So you 're saying that the Romney camp did take that out of context then?

Frankly not all the left were hammering Romney, but rather hammered at the ones who took it out of context.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/202625-romney-likes-to-fire-people-5.html#post4646935

Yes. That is a fact. And thre was no DNC ad using it either.

Yes I do. So you 're saying that the Romney camp did take that out of context then?

Frankly not all the left were hammering Romney, but rather hammered at the ones who took it out of context.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/202625-romney-likes-to-fire-people-5.html#post4646935

Romney said he likes to fire people that he hired for a service such as mowing his lawn and didn't do it properly or at all. That certainly gives a different connotation than when he was at Bain and if people were laid off after he left and were good workers which is what Obama or competing candidates were implying.

Last edited:

What I remember most were the Romney defenders insisting he was being taken out of context.

"I like to fire people" was in the context of quality control regarding health insurance companies. You can't fire The Government if that's your only choice in healthcare coverage. You can fire a private insurance company that's not giving you good service.

And so was the President. But the people who cared that Romney was taken out of context seem to have developed a change of heart on the whole 'context' thing.

Romney said he likes to fire people that he hired for a service such as mowing his lawn and didn't do it properly or at all. That certainly gives a different connotation than when he was at Bain and if people were laid off after he left and were good workers which is what Obama or competing candidates were implying.

Really? Obama implied something? Or....are you talking out of your ass?

And so was the President. But the people who cared that Romney was taken out of context seem to have developed a change of heart on the whole 'context' thing.

Obama said what he said in the context of raising taxes on small businesses. His implication is a vested public interest in private businesses who are ALREADY paying more than their fair share.

This isn't an out of context attack. There's no assumption that "you didn't build that" means that these business owners have no vested interest, that they were somehow handed a new, shiny business by the government. No. The understanding is "you didn't build that (by yourself)". And that's just not true. These people DID build their businesses by themselves. They paid their taxes like they paid their other bills, and what they paid more than meets their obligation. Their slate is clean. There is NO vested public interest that's not already being met. They've already paid their debt to society.

The problem you guys are having is that you believe it's unfair that the "(by yourself)" part isn't included, you feel it's not clearly understood. But it IS understood, and it doesn't improve your case.

Do you understand what I'm saying? Honest question, because sometimes it's difficult to convey one's meaning in this kind of written medium.

Obama said what he said in the context of raising taxes on small businesses. His implication is a vested public interest in private businesses who are ALREADY paying more than their fair share.

This isn't an out of context attack. There's no assumption that "you didn't build that" means that these business owners have no vested interest, that they were somehow handed a new, shiny business by the government. No. The understanding is "you didn't build that (by yourself)". And that's just not true. These people DID build their businesses by themselves. They paid their taxes like they paid their other bills, and what they paid more than meets their obligation. Their slate is clean. There is NO vested public interest that's not already being met. They've already paid their debt to society.

The problem you guys are having is that you believe it's unfair that the "(by yourself)" part isn't included, you feel it's not clearly understood. But it IS understood, and it doesn't improve your case.

Do you understand what I'm saying? Honest question, because sometimes it's difficult to convey one's meaning in this kind of written medium.

I know what the president said and bears no resemblance to your interpretation.

In what way? In what way does it 'bear no resemblance to my interpretation'?

Remember when the Obama campaign used Romney's out of context "I like to fire people" in a political attack ad just like Romney did with the President's statement?

Oh wait...

It's a strange thing to celebrate.

Who is celebrating? President Obama's campaign hasn't used Romney's "I like to fire people" in an attack ad.

Well please translate for us, I think he said, "I like big butts and I can not lie"

Remember when you thought it was really fuck'n stupid to do because it was taken out of context?

***Please note that I really don't know if you thought that. If you didn't, well... I don't think you look very smart now.

Not just that. Remember when Romney said this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSmWK_-x4g]Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube[/ame]

Perfect messaging right after "Aurora", wouldn't you say?

Oh, and this is NOT taken out of context. This is Romney's "policy".

Last edited by a moderator:

Remember when the Obama campaign used Romney's out of context "I like to fire people" in a political attack ad just like Romney did with the President's statement?

Oh wait...

It's a strange thing to celebrate.[/QUOTE [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L9fOGg9wO8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Genesis - Mama (album version with lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Well please translate for us, I think he said, "I like big butts and I can not lie"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back (I Like Big Butts) [ORIGINAL] - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back