Remember when Obama warned us that our bridges and roads are crumbling?

Somehow there were no "shovel ready" jobs to fix those roads. It's funny how the media looked the other way on the stimulus(es) being a total sham.

Actually it's funny how you looked the other way, because I saw it happen here immediately. Already mentioned it here too.

CNN and MSNBC would've shoved that down our throats. They were in on it, toadie.

Don't know what the fuck that means but I've got a four-lane highway where I used to have an aging 2-lane. And that started immediately after the Stimulus thingie.
Then it was planned and paid for long before the stimulus.

Baseless bullshit from someone that calls himself "BS Filter". Irony, Isle 1.

I have farms & city rentals. Most of Bush / Obama stimulus went to rural areas. They got resurfaced roads, new bridges over creeks & High Speed Fiber Optic Internet 10 years before most of the Big Cities got major coverage.

12 years later I don’t see any evidence of that. Was he lying to get a huge spending bill passed?
I know your kind is short on history but if you remember correctly Trump spoke on this during his campagn. The threat is real. My job has been to fix roads and bridges, I retired because I did not have the funding and no one in governemnet is doing anything about it. In the next seven years those issues are going to be pissing people off real good. I am not going to be the one holding the bag at the time. Do not believe me watch how many county engineers retire in the next five years. I left and have been speaking to my peers at NACE, any one with the time is seriously considering retirement.

What's more important, infrastructure in dire need of repair or more tax breaks to billionaires and corporations?
It comes down to priorities
If we don’t treat our billionaires well, they will stop doing so much for us

Indirectly YOU are right!
Remember.. these "evil billionaires" can move their money off-shore!
What happens to all that working capital now off-shore?
Evidently you don't have any idea!
How right you are!

We need to treat our billionaires right or they will stop taking care of us
Even with massive tax cuts they still off shore their money. Doesn’t seem to be working. There will always be tax havens

American companies have brought $1 trillion back to the United States since the passage of President Donald Trump’s tax cuts in 2017, according to new U.S. Department of Commerce data.
Commerce Dept: Companies Brought $1 Trillion Back to U.S. Under Trump Tax Cuts
So what do idiots like you evidently know what this $1 trillion is doing back in the USA?
Evidently you believe this money is buried in the back yard or hidden under the "evil wealthy's mattresses"...RIGHT?
A) The law set a one-time 15.5% tax rate on cash and 8% on non-cash or illiquid assets.
So assuming the lowest 8% on $1 trillion is $80 billion.
B) So did these off shore funds end up buried in back yard or in mattresses as I'm sure people like you believe?
Much of the cash brought back resulted in buying back stocks by public held companies.
GEEZ guess what dummies! When people sell stocks called "capital gains". Tax on capital gains 15%.
because the flows helped fund this year’s record $1 trillion in U.S. share buybacks.
U.S. companies repatriate over half a trillion dollars in 2018, but pace slows
Well guess what folks! Capital gains tax on $1 trillion would be another $150 Billion!

But again many MSM reporters including the above DON"T state that value! All they say is "helped fund...buybacks"!
These dummies ever figure out how much Federal Tax revenue was generated by the "buyback"???

Also for those of you who complain about national debt funded by deficits due to spending...FACTS!!!
60% of the Federal budget for "Mandatory spending"... i.e. Medicare/SS/ etc.. how do you propose cutting the
Mandatory spending estimated to be $2.841 trillion for FY 2020.
The two largest mandatory programs are Social Security and Medicare. That's 60% of all federal spending. It's almost three times more than the military budget.
The Mandatory Federal Programs That Are Eating the Budget Alive
The interest on the national debt is how much the federal government must pay on outstanding public debt each year.
The interest on the debt is $479 billion. (About 10% of the budget.)
That's from the federal budget for fiscal year 2020 that runs from October 1, 2019, through September 30, 2020.
4 Ways to Reduce the Interest on the National Debt

So you dummies complaining about Trump increasing the federal debt: YOU tell Trump where in the remaining 30% of the
Federal Expenditures you'd suggest cuts because the Mandatory and interest spending CAN'T BE CUT!

Hard to believe that with such a healthy economy, we can’t find money to invest in infrastructure.

We do find money for massive tax cuts though

maybe, maybe not......however infrastructure wasn’t the national emergency Obama said it was. Would you say that’s a fair statement based on what has transpired?
You Lie!!!

'Unprecedented' number of water main breaks strikes St. Louis

Brian Russell with Missouri American Water. “All 17 of our states are dealing with freezing conditions and broken water mains. So 17 states, customers all calling in. It overwhelmed our call center.”

Crews are working 16-hour shifts, 24 hours a day.

Missouri American Water has hired more than two dozen local contractors. Because much of the country is dealing with the same problem, there aren't out-of-state crews available to come to this area.

“For us, the average winter day might see 15 breaks, maybe 20,” Brian Russell said. “A lot of main breaks is 50, and I'd say since Saturday, we've repaired over 200 so we're in unprecedented territory at this point.”

How do you blame freezing pipes on infrastructure?

None of the broken water mains broke because they froze!!! Cold pipes contract exposing all the rusted out weak points. New plastic underground pipes rarely fail because the expansion & contraction telescopes through rubber seals into long bell flange.

China has all new infrastructure while we are stuck with contaminated water, days without any water, flooded homes, broken sewers, sinkholes, collapsed streets and no ability to respond to emergencies due to water leaks.

Fire truck stuck for two hours in St. Louis sinkhole

Fire truck stuck after sinkhole opens up under wheel in Kansas City

Well I guess the article is a lie then......
No, Only you are lying!

That has nothing to do with the article.

Also the BIASED MSM claims Trump budgets have increased the deficit... strange but look at Trump's actual submissions!
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 10.29.51 AM.png

Trump's 2019 budget.. NOTE:
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 10.31.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 10.26.51 AM.png

Hard to believe that with such a healthy economy, we can’t find money to invest in infrastructure.

It would be nice if your side actually supported cutting something other than defense or border security, but no, you Dems always want more spending, because more spending = more stealing, and that's what your side is all about = STEALING.

It would be nice if your side actually supported cutting something other than defense or border security, but no, you Dems always want more spending, because more spending = more stealing, and that's what your side is all about = STEALING.
Spending on infrastructure pays off in the long run

Tax cuts do not

Forum List

Back