Religious thoughts

Bullshit. That's a bunch of excuses. "I'm too busy, I'm too poor, I need to abdicate my responsibilities to others because [fill in the blank]."

Remember the story of the widow's mite? That's why they call it a "sacrifice", buddy. If you're holding onto every penny, going, "I can't give to the poor, I need it for myself", then you're obviously not trusting God to provide for you. And I really doubt He's going to give you a pass on obeying Him on THAT basis.

Furthermore, I don't believe "most of us are living paycheck to paycheck", nor do I believe that most of those who ARE living paycheck to paycheck are doing so on a bare subsistence level. So perhaps there's some priority-rearranging that needs to be done.

But then the corporations would go broke because if we were at subsistence levels and gave the rest away... well, you get the idea. BTW... you don't know me.

I didn't suggest you had to give everything away above subsistence level. I stated, categorically, that "I'm too poor to help others" is a bullshit excuse for being lazy and fobbing off social responsibility onto government programs.

I don't give a rat's ass about "knowing you". You mistake yourself for someone so fascinating that I'm the slightest bit interested in you personally. I know what you said, which is all I need to know about you.

Just for your information, I don't give a fuck. I am less interested in your personal details now than I was before you felt the need to defensively spew your "Look how wonderful I am" all over me.

The one thing I DO know about you now is that you're something of a narcissist who cannot discuss a topic without making it all about you. Before this, I made no assumptions about you personally at all, because as I've already pointed out, you don't matter to me. I made an observation about what you said, which still stands: your previous post was a bunch of bullshit excuses. YOU were the one who insisted on applying it to yourself as an insult.

And yes, I still believe in social programs. Should they be reformed? Yep. I believe that Welfare should be like in the early days with the Conservation Corps. We have a crumbling infrastructure that is in dire need of upgrading, we have millions out of work. Put two and two together and get them working for their benefits. Single Moms with kids? Provide day care centers for them until they are school age and have the moms home by the time school gets out... provide transportation(if needed) to and from the worksite.

Don't give a shit. Didn't ask you what you personally believe in, and don't care. Observation still stands: "I'm too poor to help others; let the government do it" is a bullshit excuse and a copout.

The only other way to receive benefits(in my plan) would be to go to college. If you were to go that route, you would have to apply for financial aid on your own. Whatever the person gets, they get and the rest gets taken out in loans... BUT... if they are attending school and making grades, they can keep receiving benefits to keep themselves and their kids housed, clothed and fed.

You see, I believe that Social Programs shouldn't be a handout, they should be empowering.

Well, you've certainly wasted an awful lot of time talking about a topic I didn't address and care even less about now than I did before you forced it on me, namely you and your splendiferousness. Contemplate getting over yourself.

In other news, "I'm too poor to help others; let the government do it" is still a bullshit excuse and a copout. Ditto "I'm too busy to help others."

Well, if you weren't interested in me why did you make this comment directly pointed at me?

"Remember the story of the widow's mite? That's why they call it a "sacrifice", buddy. If you're holding onto every penny, going, "I can't give to the poor, I need it for myself", then you're obviously not trusting God to provide for you. And I really doubt He's going to give you a pass on obeying Him on THAT basis."

That was a pretty "Personal" attack, wouldn't you say?

If you don't "give a rat's ass" about other opinions... why the hell are you EVEN on a message board. I guess you prefer to be jerked off by other Right-Wing self centered creeps like yourself. Sorry, I don't play that game.

Message Boards are for opinions. I gave mine, you don't like it and chose to make it personal. Who's the fucking Narcissist?

But then the corporations would go broke because if we were at subsistence levels and gave the rest away... well, you get the idea. BTW... you don't know me.

I didn't suggest you had to give everything away above subsistence level. I stated, categorically, that "I'm too poor to help others" is a bullshit excuse for being lazy and fobbing off social responsibility onto government programs.

I don't give a rat's ass about "knowing you". You mistake yourself for someone so fascinating that I'm the slightest bit interested in you personally. I know what you said, which is all I need to know about you.

Just for your information, I don't give a fuck. I am less interested in your personal details now than I was before you felt the need to defensively spew your "Look how wonderful I am" all over me.

The one thing I DO know about you now is that you're something of a narcissist who cannot discuss a topic without making it all about you. Before this, I made no assumptions about you personally at all, because as I've already pointed out, you don't matter to me. I made an observation about what you said, which still stands: your previous post was a bunch of bullshit excuses. YOU were the one who insisted on applying it to yourself as an insult.

Don't give a shit. Didn't ask you what you personally believe in, and don't care. Observation still stands: "I'm too poor to help others; let the government do it" is a bullshit excuse and a copout.

The only other way to receive benefits(in my plan) would be to go to college. If you were to go that route, you would have to apply for financial aid on your own. Whatever the person gets, they get and the rest gets taken out in loans... BUT... if they are attending school and making grades, they can keep receiving benefits to keep themselves and their kids housed, clothed and fed.

You see, I believe that Social Programs shouldn't be a handout, they should be empowering.

Well, you've certainly wasted an awful lot of time talking about a topic I didn't address and care even less about now than I did before you forced it on me, namely you and your splendiferousness. Contemplate getting over yourself.

In other news, "I'm too poor to help others; let the government do it" is still a bullshit excuse and a copout. Ditto "I'm too busy to help others."

Well, if you weren't interested in me why did you make this comment directly pointed at me?

"Remember the story of the widow's mite? That's why they call it a "sacrifice", buddy. If you're holding onto every penny, going, "I can't give to the poor, I need it for myself", then you're obviously not trusting God to provide for you. And I really doubt He's going to give you a pass on obeying Him on THAT basis."

That was a pretty "Personal" attack, wouldn't you say?

If you don't "give a rat's ass" about other opinions... why the hell are you EVEN on a message board. I guess you prefer to be jerked off by other Right-Wing self centered creeps like yourself. Sorry, I don't play that game.

Message Boards are for opinions. I gave mine, you don't like it and chose to make it personal. Who's the fucking Narcissist?

No, dumbass, that was not a "personal attack", or even an attack. Christ, you REALLY need to get over yourself and notice the world beyond your own belly button.

I directed my remarks at you because it was YOUR post I was responding to, and YOUR words I was commenting on. Duhhhh.

What you take as "personal" was actually merely colloquial. Had I wanted to be completely and perfectly grammatical, I would have said "If ONE is holding onto every penny" rather than "If YOU'RE holding onto every penny". However, that sounds rather stilted and formal, and I'm not always in the mood. Plus, most people - who aren't self-absorbed, thin-skinned me-monkeys - understand that such remarks, phrased that way, are not intended to be a comment about any one specific person and their ACTUAL lives. Again, duhhh.

I didn't say I don't give a rat's ass for opinions. I said I don't give a rat's ass about YOU and your life details and your defensive need to spew them all over me unsolicited in an attempt to assure me what a fantastic and splendiferous person you are. A vain attempt to do so, since all you accomplished was to convince me that you're a narcissist.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize the word "YOU" had colloquial connotations.

As far as my "life details" I was just defending myself against your "Colloquial" Judgments.

In short, don't call someone out unless you are prepared to prove that person wrong. I don't give a shit whether you think I'm a narcissist. However... much like the cheating wife/husband who is chronically accusing their spouse of adultery... I suspect VERY much that you are, in fact... the Narcissist.

After all... Isn't the Conservative Mantra of "why should I have to pay?" pretty much a Narcissistic point of view? That's all I hear from you guys... Why should I have to pay for some deadbeat? Why Should I have to pay for other people's health Care(even though it would probably end up costing you less)? Why Should I have to pay? That's all you know.... but you have the nerve to call Progressives in general and me in particular... Narcissitic? Get over yourself.

Forum List

Back