religious freedom or a way to turn back time for women

A lot of lies being told about the Catholic Church, but that's what Leftists do. The Catholic Church doesn't oppose terminating a pregnancy that threatens the life of the mother as the demonic Left is claiming on this thread. And homosexuals are no longer allowed to apply for priesthood in the wake of the sex abuse scandals and the finding that most of the abusing priests were in fact homosexual, contrary to the Left's hilarious claim that heterosexuals can abuse children, but homosexuals cannot. Why do Leftists lie? Because as Jesus said, they are of their father the devil, who is the father of all lies.
Yeah, and exactly where did Jesus say such a thing, chapter and verse?

contrary to the Left's hilarious claim that heterosexuals can abuse children, but homosexuals cannot. Why do Leftists lie?

Well, what you posted here is a lie - so why do you do it?

No, it isn't. Every time a conservative talks about homosexuals abusing children, you people show up to scream "Liar!"
That's probably because you somehow always forget to mention that most children, male and female, are raped by Heterosexual men.

Last edited:
contrary to the Left's hilarious claim that heterosexuals can abuse children, but homosexuals cannot. Why do Leftists lie?

No, it isn't. Every time a conservative talks about homosexuals abusing children, you people show up to scream "Liar!"
That's probably because you somehow always forget to mention that most children, male and female,are raped by Heterosexual men.
Most children are never raped, except maybe in your neighbourhood.

That's probably because you somehow always forget to mention that most children, male and female,are raped by Heterosexual men.
Most children are never raped, except maybe in your neighbourhood.
Nope, most aren't, but the vast majority of those who are raped are raped by heterosexual men.

Yes, what you posted IS a lit. It's nonsense.

No one has EVER claimed that homosexuals cannot commit rape, and if they have - then present the evidence.

Otherwise, come back and admit to lying. That may help you understand why others do it too, no?

Yes, what you posted IS a lit. It's nonsense.

No one has EVER claimed that homosexuals cannot commit rape, and if they have - then present the evidence.

Otherwise, come back and admit to lying. That may help you understand why others do it too, no?

I'm not your link slave and if you aren't paying attention to what goes on in this forum, then that's your problem, not mine. So kiss off, wanker.

A lot of lies being told about the Catholic Church, but that's what Leftists do. The Catholic Church doesn't oppose terminating a pregnancy that threatens the life of the mother as the demonic Left is claiming on this thread. And homosexuals are no longer allowed to apply for priesthood in the wake of the sex abuse scandals and the finding that most of the abusing priests were in fact homosexual, contrary to the Left's hilarious claim that heterosexuals can abuse children, but homosexuals cannot. Why do Leftists lie? Because as Jesus said, they are of their father the devil, who is the father of all lies.

yep

“Michigan’s Republican-controlled House of Representatives has passed a controversial religious freedom bill, teeing up what civil liberties advocates fear will be another wave of GOP-backed legislation that could cripple LGBT rights.”

That republicans would seek to jeopardize the rights of any class of Americans is further confirmation of the reactionary right's unwarranted fear of diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

Such laws are ridiculous and unnecessary, as no one is being 'denied' religious freedom.

Do you live in Michigan ?

But opponents say otherwise. While Bolger insists the bill is meant to protect, say, the Muslim butcher who wants to prepare food in line with halal practices, or the Jewish mother who doesn’t want an autopsy performed on her son, civil liberties advocates warn it could be used as a defense for the landlord who wants to evict a gay tenant, or the pharmacist who doesn’t want to provide birth control, all because of sincerely held religious beliefs.

In some of the ugliest scenarios, critics say the measure could allow Catholic-owned hospitals to refuse admittance to people who need a procedure that violates the institution’s religious directives, such as a pre-viability pregnancy termination in the case of a miscarriage. In another instance, opponents foresee the bill being cited as a legal defense in domestic violence cases.

“In many religions, it’s OK for a man to beat his wife,” Brooke Tucker, staff attorney at the ACLU of Michigan, told msnbc. “Based on language in this bill, all he has to say is my religion allows me to do this.”

full article:

Religious freedom measure moves forward in Michigan MSNBC

Both Adam and Eve ate the apple.

Strange how the Bible says after this women will have Labor pains for eternity and will be considered number 2 below men. Adam I guess was the strong one in this scenario?

This is the birth of sexism in a Christian founded Country.

you are confusing freedom of religion with freedom from religion....i prefer freedom from religion

which the first amendment clearly prohibits. You don't have the right to use government to violently push religion out out public life.

But opponents say otherwise. While Bolger insists the bill is meant to protect, say, the Muslim butcher who wants to prepare food in line with halal practices, or the Jewish mother who doesn’t want an autopsy performed on her son, civil liberties advocates warn it could be used as a defense for the landlord who wants to evict a gay tenant, or the pharmacist who doesn’t want to provide birth control, all because of sincerely held religious beliefs.

In some of the ugliest scenarios, critics say the measure could allow Catholic-owned hospitals to refuse admittance to people who need a procedure that violates the institution’s religious directives, such as a pre-viability pregnancy termination in the case of a miscarriage. In another instance, opponents foresee the bill being cited as a legal defense in domestic violence cases.

“In many religions, it’s OK for a man to beat his wife,” Brooke Tucker, staff attorney at the ACLU of Michigan, told msnbc. “Based on language in this bill, all he has to say is my religion allows me to do this.”

full article:

Strange how the Bible says after this women will have Labor pains for eternity and will be considered number 2 below men. Adam I guess was the strong one in this scenario?

The Bible doesn't say that. Different roles does not mean inequality contrary to the doctrine of the feminist Left.

you are confusing freedom of religion with freedom from religion....i prefer freedom from religion
Avatar already beat me to the punch but...

What you 'prefer' is NOT in the constitution. However, freedom OF religion is in the constitution. I do not care what you do or do not prefer - what I care about is that my rights and the rights of others are protected as they are laid out in the constitution. That document protects your right to practice your religion as you see fit.

This is the fundamental problem when you try to fit the square peg of governmental control over your life into the round hole of freedom - they don't mesh well together. I, for one, will almost always air on the side of freedom even if that means a gay couple might need to get another cake or the Jewish couple cannot go to the local butcher. The 'oppression' that this brings is laughable. The government might need to step in if things actually got bad as they did with civil rights but right now the overall effect is about as prevalent as a fly farting in a tornado. A few idiot businesses will close and no one will remember any of this in 15 years - at least that is how things will go IF we give freedom a chance.

Those might not be true of the Catholic Church but that dies not change the debate around public accommodation. The reality is that such an example might come up - perhaps not with Catholics but maybe another religion or sect of Christianity.

full article:

Strange how you have to Force sexism into something even when it is not present.

Tell me, is the fact that women bare children also sexist? Sometimes biological fact has to override silly demands of 'equality.' One of the biggest lies in recent times has been this idea that men and women are the same. They most certainly are not and no amount of kicking and screaming will change that reality.

Avatar already beat me to the punch but...

What you 'prefer' is NOT in the constitution. However, freedom OF religion is in the constitution. I do not care what you do or do not prefer - what I care about is that my rights and the rights of others are protected as they are laid out in the constitution. That document protects your right to practice your religion as you see fit.

This is the fundamental problem when you try to fit the square peg of governmental control over your life into the round hole of freedom - they don't mesh well together. I, for one, will almost always air on the side of freedom even if that means a gay couple might need to get another cake or the Jewish couple cannot go to the local butcher. The 'oppression' that this brings is laughable. The government might need to step in if things actually got bad as they did with civil rights but right now the overall effect is about as prevalent as a fly farting in a tornado. A few idiot businesses will close and no one will remember any of this in 15 years - at least that is how things will go IF we give freedom a chance.
Freedom of association terrifies the Left, as if the moment government relaxes its control of private interactions between people, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Applebees, and Home Depot will put up signs saying "whites only". In the Leftisphere there is an abiding notion that people can't figure out how to get along with each other without government; that free markets and free people wouldn't work out disparities and injustices on there own. They view Americans as intrinsically evil and racist and they dare not let up for a second.

And of course the Left goes fantasizing about religions. In what religion is it OK to beat your wife? What religion mandates such a practice?
Liberals are terrified of religion.

Different roles does not mean inequality contrary to the doctrine of the feminist Left.

It does in their mind. Even though I have never found a historical human society where Men and women engaged in interchangeable roles. Even in societies where women had more power, such as Norse society, where women were allowed to speak at public meetings (Things) and to initiate divorce, there were still very defined roles for each gender.

Forum List

Back