Reject Reject Reject

LC has bought into the progressive double speak. Not raising taxes is a tax cut.

LOL. Tax rates were already established for 2011. This IS a tax cut for those rates. What the rate is now is irrelevant. Keep spinning though.

Big Government Sophistry ^^^

Any rational taxpayer is able to see that, for the same level of income, he will pay more in taxes if the rates are not extended. When the amount of tax is higher next year vs. this year, it is an increase.

Ergo, you are an idiot.

Are some of you honestly upset that the Reps are halting wastefull spending?

Honestly.

When you look at it in the context that they FOUGHT to give millionaires tax breaks, it seems extremely hypocritical.

LC has bought into the progressive double speak. Not raising taxes is a tax cut.

LOL. Tax rates were already established for 2011. This IS a tax cut for those rates. What the rate is now is irrelevant. Keep spinning though.

Any rational taxpayer is able to see that, for the same level of income, he will pay more in taxes if the rates are not extended. When the amount of tax is higher next year vs. this year, it is an increase.

Ergo, you are an idiot.

Kind of like getting a 3% raise instead of the 5% promised...it's then a 2% cut. :eusa_whistle:

89 -19? WTF is this? Were they playing a pickup game in roundball?

89+19=109? 109 what?

He was counting the reps from all 57 states. I guess 20 of them decided not to vote. :eusa_drool:

my bad it was 81-19.

passed with an 81% majority, still. looks like all those repubs stuck to their guns after all.

it was a typo: Senate passes controversial tax cut deal - CNN.com

Not the same thing we are talking about, this was the deal done last week that most agreed on.

This $1.1 trillion bill is something else.

Ergo, you are an idiot.

:Note to self- You are dealing with people who stopped their education at high school:

What is the scheduled tax rate for next year? What is this proposal being voted on now?

Will it lower or raise the SCHEDULED tax rate for next year? Simple question.

Honestly.

When you look at it in the context that they FOUGHT to give millionaires tax breaks, it seems extremely hypocritical.

So you are twisting this up so that it looks like a bad thing.

Do you actually want increased spending? Keeping in mind that the 2 spending bills, failed miserably, no matter how you count saved jobs.

He was counting the reps from all 57 states. I guess 20 of them decided not to vote. :eusa_drool:

my bad it was 81-19.

passed with an 81% majority, still. looks like all those repubs stuck to their guns after all.

Not the same thing we are talking about, this was the deal done last week that most agreed on.

see this is how govt works. you have to buy votes to get things passed. thats what earmarks typically are. a senator wants funding for a project in his/her home state, and says they will only vote for a bill if an earmark is added. both dems and repubs do it, and thats how they garnered so much support from both sides.

Ergo, you are an idiot.

:Note to self- You are dealing with people who stopped their education at high school:

What is the scheduled tax rate for next year? What is this proposal being voted on now?

Again, Big Government Sophistry.

When tax rates increase, regardless of the legislative gamesmanship, the result is an increase.

Extending the same rates is not a cut. The tax rates stay flat.

If the rates were lowered from this year, that would be a tax cut.

It's the difference between understanding the Real World and buying into the Orwellian Smoke & Mirrors you use to justify government expansion.

Honestly.

Do you actually want increased spending? Keeping in mind that the 2 spending bills, failed miserably, no matter how you count saved jobs.

they didnt fail. they helped keep jobs in place as well as add jobs to the economy. even if it was for a short while, it still did its intended purpose, which was to save or create jobs.

maybe you should be mad at Bush for doing the 1st stimulus and starting TARP. he was a "conservative" after all

Honestly.

Of course not, I want responsible spending. Which is why I have a hard time understanding how the right is throwing a hissy fit over this money when they had the nerve to actually fight to add to the deficit by giving tax breaks to millionaires. It just doesn't make sense.

Ergo, you are an idiot.

When tax rates increase, regardless of the legislative gamesmanship, the result is an increase.

It's the difference between understanding the Real World and buying into the Orwellian Smoke & Mirrors you use to justify government expansion.

actually it is a cut, the payroll tax is being cut by 2% because of this bill. enough proof?

That 2% cut in Payroll Taxes was Obama's price for supporting the 2 year extension for all taxpayers.

Give credit where credit is due, bub.

my bad it was 81-19.

see this is how govt works. you have to buy votes to get things passed. thats what earmarks typically are. a senator wants funding for a project in his/her home state, and says they will only vote for a bill if an earmark is added. both dems and repubs do it, and thats how they garnered so much support from both sides.

I'm fully aware that bribary is legal in Congress. Hell, big bribes are something you can openly brag about.

But

Your link goes to a different bill. The one we are discussing has not been voted on.

I'm fully aware that bribary is legal in Congress. Hell, big bribes are something you can openly brag about.

But

Your link goes to a different bill. The one we are discussing has not been voted on.

gotcha my bad, i though this had to do with the extra spending added to the tax bill

Unsurprisingly, Common Nonsense has no idea what is being discussed.

Ergo, you are an idiot.

Thanks for avoiding my question. I'll chalk that up to not understanding (probable) or stubborn refusal to admit when you're wrong (actually also very probable).

I'm done trying to explain what should be a simple concept to simple minded people.

they didnt fail. they helped keep jobs in place as well as add jobs to the economy. even if it was for a short while, it still did its intended purpose, which was to save or create jobs.

maybe you should be mad at Bush for doing the 1st stimulus and starting TARP. he was a "conservative" after all

I was pissed at Bush, and clinton but mostly Franks.

But the bills were an utter failure. If you take the highes actual estimate of jobs saved/created and divide that into the cost. Each job cost a minimum of $140k each. It would have been better to just gove 50k to twice as many people and avoided government waste.

Thanks for avoiding my question. I'll chalk that up to not understanding (probable) or stubborn refusal to admit when you're wrong (actually also very probable).

I'm done trying to explain what should be a simple concept to simple minded people.

You're question doesn't deserve a response. It presupposes acceptance of the legislative blackmail used for the original cuts. It also presupposes that the tax cuts would just be allowed to lapse, which has never been the case.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back