Reid thinks people are too stupid to use internet

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Yea, those young healthy college kids aren't signing up for Obummercare because they don't know how to use the internet.

And people had trouble on the website because they don't know enough about the internet.

I think there is a lot of ignorance, but it's coming from Washington. The website sucks and it's not even secure. People aren't stupid. The problem for liberal politicians right now is the fact that people aren't as stupid as they think they are.

Reid?s Unbelievable Justification for New Obamacare Signup Delay

Yea, those young healthy college kids aren't signing up for Obummercare because they don't know how to use the internet.

And people had trouble on the website because they don't know enough about the internet.

I think there is a lot of ignorance, but it's coming from Washington. The website sucks and it's not even secure. People aren't stupid. The problem for liberal politicians right now is the fact that people aren't as stupid as they think they are.

Actually, it's the older people who Reid was talking about.

From your link.....................................

Noting that everyone could use the Internet “like my grandchildren who can handle everything so easily on the Internet,” Reid talked about people who “need a little extra time.”

“The example they gave,” he added, referring to a Connecticut public radio station’s broadcast, “is a 63-year-old woman came into the store and said, ‘I almost got it. But every time I just about got there, it would cut me off.’ We have a lot of people just like this, through no fault of the Internet, but because people are not educated on how to use the Internet.”

But.....................it's from a Heritage blog, so I would expect those writers to spin their facts to suit their own ends.

The example cited said it was older people who were having trouble navigating the website, because he also said that not everyone could use the 'net like his grandchildren (who I'm guessing are 20 somethings).

Older people do just fine on the internet. When the site stalls out when they try to navigate and a message comes up telling them to try again later (as it did for millions), you can only blame the shitty website.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
We only paid 630 million to a friend of Michelle in a non-bid contract. Seems like we should have the Cadillac of sites turns out we get the Corvair. I can't believe that we can just ignore such incompetence. 630 million and the site didn't work. And the awarding a no-bid contract, why did that happen? There was no immediate rush to get the site running, the only reason I can think is that the democrats running Obamacare don't give a crap about what they spend and their sheer incompetence awarded the contract to a company that OBVIOUSLY could not perform the task. WHY??? Why do we let this just slide by????

Actually, it's the older people who Reid was talking about.

From your link.....................................

Noting that everyone could use the Internet “like my grandchildren who can handle everything so easily on the Internet,” Reid talked about people who “need a little extra time.”

“The example they gave,” he added, referring to a Connecticut public radio station’s broadcast, “is a 63-year-old woman came into the store and said, ‘I almost got it. But every time I just about got there, it would cut me off.’ We have a lot of people just like this, through no fault of the Internet, but because people are not educated on how to use the Internet.”

But.....................it's from a Heritage blog, so I would expect those writers to spin their facts to suit their own ends.

The example cited said it was older people who were having trouble navigating the website, because he also said that not everyone could use the 'net like his grandchildren (who I'm guessing are 20 somethings).

Reid should know, he is old and a dummy.

Besides if it is too complicated for the average old person to use that is just another fuk up of the administration.

Last edited:
Or consider the obvious.......people don't TRUST the site or those in government who insist it's in ones best interests to sign up because the government is only trying to help, trying to help so much that if one doesnt sign up, one will pay a financial penalty.

Or consider the obvious.......people don't TRUST the site or those in government who insist it's in ones best interests to sign up because the government is only trying to help, trying to help so much that if one doesnt sign up, one will pay a financial penalty.

So how do they get away with awarding a 630 million dollar no-bid contract? Especially considering what we got for our money. One would think that being Michelle's friend she would have told her of her limitations.

Even if the contract was not awarded no-bid how did such an obviously unqualified bidder get the contract in the first place.

Last edited:
actually, isn't his statement just finally verbalizing what the dems party leaders really think of people?

Last edited:
We only paid 630 million to a friend of Michelle in a non-bid contract. Seems like we should have the Cadillac of sites turns out we get the Corvair. I can't believe that we can just ignore such incompetence. 630 million and the site didn't work. And the awarding a no-bid contract, why did that happen? There was no immediate rush to get the site running, the only reason I can think is that the democrats running Obamacare don't give a crap about what they spend and their sheer incompetence awarded the contract to a company that OBVIOUSLY could not perform the task. WHY??? Why do we let this just slide by????

I was thinking the site is more like the Yugo. You are right. For all that money (must be the most spent on a website) and all that time, we should have been impressed beyond belief when the site was unveiled.

It really reminds me of the solar companies, like Solyndra, where we dumped billions into them and wind up with nothing to show for it.

This administration can make money disappear real quick and there is no indication as to where it actually went. We should demand a detailed account of where every penny was spent. How is it possible to spend that much and end up with a site that has little security and can't function the way it was intended? Other websites handled more traffic with few problems and were far more secure. Of course, they invested their own money and hired experts to do the job instead of handing over other peoples' money to old college friends.

Last edited:
Harry Reid is the biggest moron on the hill right now and that's saying something.

So how do they get away with awarding a 630 million dollar no-bid contract? Especially considering what we got for our money. One would think that being Michelle's friend she would have told her of her limitations.

Even if the contract was not awarded no-bid how did such an obviously unqualified bidder get the contract in the first place.
My comnent had more to do with individuals not wanting to be coerced into using a poorly functioning website.
The no bid award is a separate issue and should never have happened.

Forum List

Back