Reid: 'Nuclear Option'

Be clear I haven't voted for a Democrat (other than Obama in 2008) at or above congressional level since the 1970s, knew Reagan was big spending New Dealer before 1980 and would rather be dead than vote for a filthy fucking nutball.

Having noted my alienation from both gaggles of partisan cocksuckers undermining America today, it'd be interesting to read some factual basis underlying some path - ANY PATH - to nutballs taking the senate in 2014.

My money says nutballs will be lucky to hold the house given their anti-women positions and their anti blue collar labor positions.

No second term President has EVER gained Senate seats in a midterm election and this election cycle is no exception...no Republicans are vulnerable.

Democrats are defending 21 seats, Republicans only 14.

Seven of those 21 are red states. Alaska, Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, North Carolina and South Dakota.

Harkin (Iowa) and Baucus (Montana) are retiring.

No Obama on the ticket to draw voters like 2008...the last time this group of senators faced an election.

It will all come down to the primaries. Strong candidates will be key in every Red State, but especially Alaska and Arkansas.

In 1907 the Republicans gained 3 during Republican President Theodore Roosevelt's second term

Johnson gained 2 Senate seats in 1966

Historical fail.

Neither of those were second term, they were FIRST terms.

Roosevelt served the remainder of McKinley's term after McKinley was assasinated. He was elected to his FIRST term in 1904.

Same story with Johnson. Ascended to the Presidency after the Kennedy assassination, completing Kennedy's term and was elected to his first term in 1964.

Last edited:
Remember the hell Reid raised when the Republicans threatened a "Nuclear Option" because the Dems were blocking Judicial nominee votes?

Forum List

Back