Reheating Rice Can Give You Food Poisoning

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
4DF8911E00000578-0-image-a-17_1530870140620.jpg

I’ve never been a fan of rice. Probably the most eaten grain in the world.

Can reheating rice give you food poisoning? Nutritionist explains you should put it in the fridge within an HOUR to avoid diarrhoea

Many struggle to eat all of the rice they get - and decide to put it in their fridge

But you shouldn't keep the rice in the fridge for any longer than 24 hours

That is, according to Fiona Hunter, a registered nutritionist based in Britain

More @ Nutritionist explains how reheating rice give you food poisoning | Daily Mail Online

Sarge, who am I to question an expert (lady in England)… I have been eating rice pretty steady for the last 40 years... Everyway you can possibly imagine... Every ethnic group here in Hawaii has their own little niche on fixing rice... Everyone always cooks to much rice and it is always saved for later (lot gets tossed later also, but that is a different story) and generally fried up with left over meats and veggies... I don't recall ever blaming rice on having the outhouse trots, possibilities are there just never blamed rice... Every convenience store in the state sells Spam Musubi… They are packed in brown bag lunches, slipped in backpacks and carried in pockets...

th
th

If the people lived in clean homes and state they would not have to be concerned about bacteria or virus's contaminating food. Then again if they had healthy immune systems the food would not hurt them.

I Saw NatGeo Where In Asian Cultures
They Cook Up A Barrel Of Rice
And Set It At The End Of The Table
To Eat With Their Meals And In-Between

So I Cook A Batch Of Rice Each Week
Might Be Pilaf, Might Be Spanish
I Also Dice-Up Some Spuds And Fry Some Sausage Together

I Grab A Flour Tortilla
Heat It With The Potatoes, Sausage And Rice
Microwave An Egg
Roll It All Up....Snack !!

No Problems So Far...