Ever Wonder Why You Feel Sleepy When You Drive?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
4DF9E27D00000578-5925515-image-a-62_1530882448034.jpg

Add alcohol or drugs and it gets worse.

Car vibrations make drivers drowsy in just 15 minutes and could seriously increase the risk of crashes after half-an-hour, study finds

Even if feeling fully rested, the gentle vibrations can send people off

After half-an-hour the drowsiness affects concentration and alertness

Research was conducted on a simulated highway, other road types are unclear

Motor-vehicle crashes cause two million emergency-room visits a year in the US

Road-traffic accidents cause 0.5% of all fatalities in the UK; higher in teenagers

More @ Car vibrations make drivers drowsy in just 15 minutes, study finds | Daily Mail Online

Turn the radio up louder. What am I supposed to do with this information? Peddle. Falling asleep at the wheel is increasingly a problem but it has everything to do with my vocation and the time of day. Two to five in the afternoon. Vibrations? Please!

I agree/I've probably driven tens of thousands of miles and never once fell asleep at the wheel.

Just another ridiculous study I found and posted for the fun of it.

4DF9E27D00000578-5925515-image-a-62_1530882448034.jpg

Add alcohol or drugs and it gets worse.

Car vibrations make drivers drowsy in just 15 minutes and could seriously increase the risk of crashes after half-an-hour, study finds

Even if feeling fully rested, the gentle vibrations can send people off

After half-an-hour the drowsiness affects concentration and alertness

Research was conducted on a simulated highway, other road types are unclear

Motor-vehicle crashes cause two million emergency-room visits a year in the US

Road-traffic accidents cause 0.5% of all fatalities in the UK; higher in teenagers

More @ Car vibrations make drivers drowsy in just 15 minutes, study finds | Daily Mail Online

In addition to the vibrations, there's the fact that you're basically sitting still, not really doing a whole lot, and your visual input is fairly monotonous.

The worst is driving through a snowstorm at night. Nice hypnotic tunnel mesmerizing one into a zen like trance.

Pull over and stick my face in snow.

The worst is driving through a snowstorm at night. Nice hypnotic tunnel mesmerizing one into a zen like trance.

Pull over and stick my face in snow.

When I was training to be a truck driver, they emphasized the need to keep your eyes moving around at all times, checking mirrors and gauges and controls, and the need to be actively thinking about the things that you're seeing there and what you will do if this or that situation happens. Not only does being prepared for something bad to happen help to minimize the chances of it happening, but the eye movement and active thought help you to resist road hypnotism.

I decided truck driving didn't suit me, but I still drive that way.

Forum List

Back