Refuting rightwing myth about wealth redistribution

You know what? After several years (and plenty of experience), I've discovered that whenever conservatives have a new 'outrage,' or a new set of 'facts,' or a new story of some 'outrage,' far and away, the smartest thing for me to do is doubt this new 'truth' or the supposed authenticity of the claim. More often than not (FAR more often), their claims are either inaccurate, overblown, or little more than just plain propaganda.

You know what? After several years (and plenty of experience), I've discovered that whenever conservatives have a new 'outrage,' or a new set of 'facts,' or a new story of some 'outrage,' far and away, the smartest thing for me to do is doubt this new 'truth' or the supposed authenticity of the claim. More often than not (FAR more often), their claims are either inaccurate, overblown, or little more than just plain propaganda.

Likewise. Idiot. Your biggest problem... you only see the bullshit from the other side. You lack the intellectual honesty to call out your own side.

Coward.

Last edited:

I've found the vast majority of right wing talking points to be outright lies. When they get "caught" and the lie no longer works, they say, "But that was never my position'.

Likewise. Idiot. Your biggest problem... you only see the bullshit from the other side. You lack the intellectual honest to call out your own side.

Coward.

That's where you're wrong. I see BS everywhere I look. (For example, today NY mayor, Michael Bloomberg, stated that the six generators which were confiscated from the OWS protesters were taken because it was a 'safety issue')

However, nobody spreads it on thicker and more shamelessly than conservatives, who also just so happen to rule the AM airwaves with nonstop propaganda, which, unfortunately, far too many of their generally easily-misled, gullible listeners accept as gospel truth.

How IRONIC!

Likewise. Idiot. Your biggest problem... you only see the bullshit from the other side. You lack the intellectual honest to call out your own side.

Coward.

That's where you're wrong. I see BS everywhere I look. (For example, today NY mayor, Michael Bloomberg, stated that the six generators which were confiscated from the OWS protesters were taken because it was a 'safety issue')

However, nobody spreads it on thicker and more shamelessly than conservatives, who also just so happen to rule the AM airwaves with nonstop propaganda, which, unfortunately, far too many of their generally easily-misled, gullible listeners accept as gospel truth.

Again, you lack the intellectual honesty to see it from those who voice lies you happen to believe. Go figure. Intellectually dishonest person can't see the lies when they believe the lie. I am shocked. Shocked. S H O C K E D!

Idiot.

2a. Freudian Projection

The following is a collection of definitions of projection from orthodox psychology texts. In this system the distinct mechanism of projecting own unconscious or undesirable characteristics onto an opponent is called Freudian Projection.

"A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits."

"The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual."

"Attributing one's own undesirable traits to other people or agencies, e.g., an aggressive man accuses other people of being hostile."

"The individual perceives in others the motive he denies having himself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The would-be adulterer accuses his wife of infidelity."

"People attribute their own undesirable traits onto others. An individual who unconsciously recognises his or her aggressive tendencies may then see other people acting in an excessively aggressive way."

"Projection is the opposite defence mechanism to identification. We project our own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blame them for having thoughts that we really have."

Basic Human Psychology 1: Neurosis, Projection and Freudian Projection

I've found the vast majority of right wing talking points to be outright lies. When they get "caught" and the lie no longer works, they say, "But that was never my position'.

I've found that you repeat lies more often than almost any other poster on the board... with the possible (and I mean possible) exception of TruthDon'tMatter.

You're pathological in your lies. We have the research to demonstrate that fact.

Of course they're lies. But not everyone who repeats what they're told or what they hear are aware that it's a lie. So, strictly speaking, those people aren't liars. They may be too trusting, or lacking in critical thinking skills, but they're not liars. They're simply ignorant fools who are being used by influential people to push someone else's agenda.

2a. Freudian Projection

The following is a collection of definitions of projection from orthodox psychology texts. In this system the distinct mechanism of projecting own unconscious or undesirable characteristics onto an opponent is called Freudian Projection.

"A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits."

"The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual."

"Attributing one's own undesirable traits to other people or agencies, e.g., an aggressive man accuses other people of being hostile."

"The individual perceives in others the motive he denies having himself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The would-be adulterer accuses his wife of infidelity."

"People attribute their own undesirable traits onto others. An individual who unconsciously recognises his or her aggressive tendencies may then see other people acting in an excessively aggressive way."

"Projection is the opposite defence mechanism to identification. We project our own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blame them for having thoughts that we really have."

Basic Human Psychology 1: Neurosis, Projection and Freudian Projection

Stop reading (Pop) Psychology Today!

Coward.

Again, you lack the intellectual honesty to see it from those who voice lies you happen to believe. Go figure. Intellectually dishonest person can't see the lies when they believe the lie. I am shocked. Shocked. S H O C K E D!

Idiot.

Careful! Oddball might very well suggest (due to his Pop Psychology 101 degree) that you're projecting your insecure view of yourself on to me.

Power create wealth, not vice versa. People will go to congress broke and come out rich, as there is a lot of power there. As PJ ORoarke noted, when buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things bought and sold are legislators.

If cash equaled power, than Nelson Rockefeller would have been president. Two Republican candidates for governor and Senator in California spent nearly a billion dollars of their own money. They both lost. This is a persistant thing nationwide. Despite all the money George Soros spends on elections every year, his candidates generally fare badly. The Koch brothers have better luck, but I would regard that as because they have a smarter program.

Americans are not as dumb as you are. They vote on ideas, and by and large they make sensible choices. If you want to win power in American elections, you show up with sensible ideas. You want to lose an election, show up with a bunch of cash.

Forum List

Back