Refuting rightwing myth about wealth redistribution

Data on net worth distributions within the top 1% indicate that one enters the top 0.5% with about $1.8M,

the top 0.25% with $3.1M,

the top 0.10% with $5.5M

top 0.01% with $24.4M.

Wealth distribution is highly skewed towards the top 0.01%, increasing the overall average for this group.

How much would the top 0.01% make if income distribution were not "highly skewed," in your estimation?

Yes, all those people who chose to be policemen, firemen, teachers, soldiers, and other ordinary workers are idiots.

They should have all become hedge fund managers.

The Republican Party lowered taxes for the rich to the point that they pay taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us.

Do you think that is fair?

If they want to become millionaires, then, yes, they should become hedge fund managers. I think everyone knows you're not going to become a millionaire be being a teacher.

Rich people pay higher taxes than the rest of us. Every analysis of the issues shows that.

Not a single example of any sham voting, pub troll- The ACORN SCANDAL was a total Faux/pub hoax. Like the Mosque, the Tides Foundation, the birth thing, the Kenya thing, the Muslim thing, the gov't takeover, giveaway to insurers, huge cost, lose your doctor, and death panel things. Pub Dupes!!! LOL!!! The Obama Recession, stimulus didn't work, and Marxist things...ad infinitum and ad nauseum....how dumb CAN they get....
Yes, some people who worked for ACORN handed in fake names to get paid their minimum wage. Not a single example of any sham voting, pub troll- And half the dupes believe they stole the election!! MORONS!

So, still waithing for examples of Dem lies- Pubs never stop with th BS propaganda. Manydupe DANGEROUS. They're hanging themseles tyvm.

Last edited:

So, in other words, you have nothing other than your bullshit race baiting? Thanks for clearing that up.

Just Fox, Foxbot.

Fox, who wants you to think that the OWS protesters don't have a message...that the OWS protesters are just "unwashed masses".

Keep watching Fox so they can convince you to work against your own self interest. Let them talk you into believing that the staggering income inequality in this country doesn't matter and that it is the unions, the illegals and the Muslims that are the problem in this country, not the greed of Wall Street.

Neg rep to your hearts content Foxbot...just means I hit a nerve. :lol:

No, sweetie, it means you're stupid. So stupid that you can't grasp a simple fact.... I don't watch Fox News. As much as you might want to project your bullshit onto me... it don't stick. Try and explain that to your Overlords at MSNBC... that crap isn't working, get new instructions. Borg-Bitch.

Just Fox, Foxbot.

Fox, who wants you to think that the OWS protesters don't have a message...that the OWS protesters are just "unwashed masses".

Keep watching Fox so they can convince you to work against your own self interest.
Neither you nor a bunch of squatting, vandalizing hooligans have any place telling me or anyone else what's in our best interests, you overbearing race baiting hag.

What makes this conversation so difficult is that the left reagards this chart as an epiphany, and the right regards it as a sin.
half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg

We are not supposed to cover that which belongs to another. For the left, rich people's money (unless it is socially approved rich like George Soros or Michael Moore) is tainted. For the right it is twice tainted: Taint mine and it taint yours.

For the left, they get all vapored and exited about how much money other people have. For the right, they want to have similar piles. And that these piles of wealth are commensurate with intelligence, hard work, thrift. So if they work hard, save, plan wisely they will be the 1%

The right notes that much of these famous 1% are first generation. The most famouse lefty ones in particular. Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, George Soros, Bill Gates, Glenn Beck, Oprah Winfrey are all first generation 1% ers.

Much of the bottom percentiles are there as they dropped out of college, committed crimes, drink or drug too much, spend too much on lottery tickets or what have you. You can move from per centile to percentile easily. Which direction you want to go is up to you.

Yes, all those people who chose to be policemen, firemen, teachers, soldiers, and other ordinary workers are idiots.

The Republican Party lowered taxes for the rich to the point that they pay taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us.

Giving the government more money won't fix anything. You're "for the middle class" democrats, really aren't. They support the wealthy and are rich and wealthy themselves. Every time they accuse the republicans of supporting the wealthy you know that the democrats are supporting them twice as hard. When they talk about increasing taxes on the wealthy its about giving democrats more power not helping decrease wealth disparity or helping equality. It will bring everyone down, not up while increasing their power and wealth. Democrats care much much less about the middle class then republicans. When Obama and Clinton and Oprah and Moore and Hollywood and Soro's and all the other extremely wealthy democrats give up their wealth to everyone else in a "fair" way, I might start to take this shit seriously.

The distribution of wealth should be what? Please post your pie chart of that.

So, in other words, you have nothing other than your bullshit race baiting? Thanks for clearing that up.

Just Fox, Foxbot.

Keep watching Fox so they can convince you to work against your own self interest. Let them talk you into believing that the staggering income inequality in this country doesn't matter and that it is the unions, the illegals and the Muslims that are the problem in this country, not the greed of Wall Street.

SW I hate to break this to you................. But those facts that are being reported, unwashed no message etc............ Come from our local news. That would be CBS, NBC and ABC local affiliates. Here is an illustration that confirmed my ownership of Article 16 as he continues to cower and hide in Private messaging.

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture4061-foden20111026-1month-stand20111025080357.jpg

What makes this conversation so difficult is that the left reagards this chart as an epiphany, and the right regards it as a sin.

We are not supposed to cover that which belongs to another. For the left, rich people's money (unless it is socially approved rich like George Soros or Michael Moore) is tainted. For the right it is twice tainted: Taint mine and it taint yours.

For the left, they get all vapored and exited about how much money other people have. For the right, they want to have similar piles. And that these piles of wealth are commensurate with intelligence, hard work, thrift. So if they work hard, save, plan wisely they will be the 1%

The right notes that much of these famous 1% are first generation. The most famouse lefty ones in particular. Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, George Soros, Bill Gates, Glenn Beck, Oprah Winfrey are all first generation 1% ers.

Much of the bottom percentiles are there as they dropped out of college, committed crimes, drink or drug too much, spend too much on lottery tickets or what have you. You can move from per centile to percentile easily. Which direction you want to go is up to you.

Asshole. Fifty percent of you pay ZERO, now you can't get any lower than ZERO! can ya????

Asshole. Fifty percent of you pay ZERO, now you can't get any lower than ZERO! can ya????
Not only do they pay zero? They get a check back...how exactly does that work?:eusa_eh:

Just Fox, Foxbot.

No, sweetie, it means you're stupid. So stupid that you can't grasp a simple fact.... I don't watch Fox News. As much as you might want to project your bullshit onto me... it don't stick. Try and explain that to your Overlords at MSNBC... that crap isn't working, get new instructions. Borg-Bitch.

If you don't watch Fox, then how can you claim that my statement about Fox telling people it's the brown people's and the union's fault is false? Still smarting over being spanked by Jesus?

MSNBC? :lol: not a chance...too conservative. :D

Just Fox, Foxbot.

A. I don't believe it- but where do you get this crap? Actually you're pretty fact free- Rush, Savage, Glenn, Breitbart and the cottage industry bought off BSers?

Not only do they pay zero? They get a check back...how exactly does that work?:eusa_eh:

Of course, for the billionth time, pub dupe A-HOLE, if you count all taxes and fees, the poor pay just as much %wise as the richest, and they have alwmost NOTHING in the voodoo, screw the non rich Pub wonderland. But keep up the the brainwashed, insulting, blinkered BS- St. Peter will be amused...

Of course, for the billionth time, pub dupe A-HOLE, if you count all taxes and fees, the poor pay just as much %wise as the richest, and they have alwmost NOTHING in the voodoo, screw the non rich Pub wonderland. But keep up the the brainwashed, insulting, blinkered BS- St. Peter will be amused...

That is a weak argument. I dont know many of the poor that pay for those boating licenses and fees.

I know you couldnt bring it upon yourself for something that is actually fair..........:lol:

ZERO FEDERAL INCOME TAX ZERO.. try again.

Just Fox, Foxbot.

SW I hate to break this to you................. But those facts that are being reported, unwashed no message etc............ Come from our local news. That would be CBS, NBC and ABC local affiliates.

Still all corporate media. Corporate media knows that peaceful protesters exercising their constitutional right to air their grievances isn't the sensationalist news that gets them ratings.

I went to Occupy SF to donate some camping gear. It was quite clean, quite orderly, quite peaceful and the message was quite clear. Greed sucks. The lack of showering facilities while they are camped out doesn't change it.

Hey stupid? Ever occur to you that the problem IS government? The very same that YOU defend?

Data on net worth distributions within the top 1% indicate that one enters the top 0.5% with about $1.8M,

the top 0.25% with $3.1M,

the top 0.10% with $5.5M

top 0.01% with $24.4M.

Wealth distribution is highly skewed towards the top 0.01%, increasing the overall average for this group.

How much would the top 0.01% make if income distribution were not "highly skewed," in your estimation?

Expecting hard numbers in a discussion concerning numerical comparisons sort of indicates that you aren't truly aren't getting the whole point.

The point of this exercise to to understand what the TOP 1% really means.

What these numbers show us is that the working affluent in the "top 1%" aren't remotely in the same CLASS as the top 1/10th of 1% even though they are subject to the same RATE of taxation.

This mistaken notion that somebody with an income in the hundreds of thousands of dollars per year ought to be in the same tax bracket as somebody making hundreds of millions of dollars a year has been one of my complaints for a might long time.

This data merely supports my POV that the progressive tax system we have is not nearly progressive enough.

We need ten or more brackets, not three!

Ronnie Raygun was demented and a catastrophe. Payroll taxes just passed income taxes- gas tax, sales tax, registration etc outasight, property tax- don't be so thick. Half the country now makes 26k or less after 30 years of voodoo...and you blame the victims? IDIOCY- but keep fightimg for the bloated rich- who last created jobs in the early eighties, MAYBE. MORON Foxbots!

Everybody pay taxes stupid, if not income taxes then its payroll taxes, its a myth that 50% pay no taxes, since you are collecting government entitlements like Medicare and social security guess who's not paying taxes?

Are the folks who made intelligent decisions to give up a high risk income for a lower income with less risk idiots? By no means. The folks you listed all get incomes these days way over the median. I know of one cop who made himself very rich through very smart property investments. He got a nice income, saved it up, bought into gentrifying neighborhoods and made a bundle.
People who do necessary jobs are not idiots. They have decided that some things are more important to them than cash. When you decided to become a teacher it is like taking a vow of poverty because something else is a great deal more important to you.

Not everything that counts can be counted, not everything that can be counted counts.

Your life is dependent on your decisions. Some of those choices will be expensive in terms of opportunity cost. It is not George Soros' fault that I refuse to move from Portland. There are lots of places with lower unemployment I could move to.

Your decisions create your income. If you choose to be a teacher, it is because there is something a lot more important to you than money. You make that decision you will never be rich in money, because you have decided to be rich in a different way.

And there are no guarantees in this life to getting tons of money. Hedge fund manager, if you don't have the mathematical background, the decision making capability, and the iron balls necessary is just the path to bankruptcy.

As there is no real one path to huge wealth, there are sure paths to poverty. Sexual incontinence, drug use, alcoholism, gambling, running your life on credit and especially borrowing huge sums of money that the best you can do is service the juice... you make those choices you are guaranteed to be broke.

Forum List

Back