Recounts: Sometimes They're Good

Huckleburry said:
naked,
I think he is watching a bit too much fox news. Rightwing is starting to belive insults are arguments...Too bad he can't have our mics cut.

I believe in a "bundling" strategy. First I start off with a cogent argument, then you get the insult as a bonus. .

rtwngAvngr said:
Even if you win this race, it doesn't mean you're party wasn't decimated. You were decimated. Your party is in a tailspin and will not pull out due to their brainwashedness, and addiction to demagoguery and antiamericanism.

Brainwashing? Coming from you..? BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!! Your posting reads of someone typing after going through a rehearsal.

:rolleyes:

Next, you're going to tell me that I'm a paganist and that that I'm destined for Hell. Well, while you at it; could you label me as having a lapdance from Jennifer Lopez, getting a BJ from Angelina Jolie and having a series of breast massages from the playboy mansion?

You might as well, because that is as realistic as your current assumption of me. It's not about your values, it about your methods. Your methods are hypocricital and are dirty in nature; YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN THE LIBERALS.

We gave you all the rope you need to politically hang yourselves; just put the knot to the side of your neck, so that the break will be clean.

Half a cabinet, twice the deficit, triple the casualties from war?... You guys need a miracle for 2008! No wonder you guys are rooting for Hillary in 2008. If she wins the democratic nomination, any Republican nominee will win the election, by viture of shear prejudice. I can find a bum off the street that will beat anyone representing the GOP in 2008.

If you want to keep control of this nation for years to come, you better seek compromise with the liberals; GW is starting to show signs of compromise; and middle america is watching.

hylandrdet said:
Brainwashing? Coming from you..? BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!! Your posting reads of someone typing after going through a rehearsal.

:rolleyes:

Next, you're going to tell me that I'm a paganist and that that I'm destined for Hell. Well, while you at it; could you label me as having a lapdance from Jennifer Lopez, getting a BJ from Angelina Jolie and having a series of breast massages from the playboy mansion?

You might as well, because that is as realistic as your current assumption of me. It's not about your values, it about your methods. Your methods are hypocricital and are dirty in nature; YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN THE LIBERALS.

We gave you all the rope you need to politically hang yourselves; just put the knot to the side of your neck, so that the break will be clean.

Half a cabinet, twice the deficit, triple the casualties from war?... You guys need a miracle for 2008! No wonder you guys are rooting for Hillary in 2008. If she wins the democratic nomination, any Republican nominee will win the election, by viture of shear prejudice. I can find a bum off the street that will beat anyone representing the GOP in 2008.

If you want to keep control of this nation for years to come, you better seek compromise with the liberals; GW is starting to show signs of compromise; and middle america is watching.

Are you done?

Gosh, you're foolish. We won. You must change. America doesn't like your ideas.

Washington needs to do a special election:

Show up and sign the roster at your polling place.
Write the name of who you want next to your signature.
Have a GOP and a DNC Notarize your vote.

Stay tuned to the news
Inaugurate the winner.

Why is this to be allowed? There were two counts that gave it to the Republicans. What makes the third more valid than the first two?

its why i never freaking understood Al Gore's attempt. Bush won four vote counts. What we are supposed to ignore them if there was a recount in favor of Gore?

Same reason that Gore and the Demos are still claiming that Bush stole the 2000 election. They wanted to re-re-re-re-re-re-recount until they could skew the numbers sufficiently to claim that they won. They're doing the same thing here. There is no way that a hand count is more accurate than a machine count. The joker in the deck is the rejected votes. So what we have here is simply another version of hanging, dimpled or pregnant chads.

Why is this to be allowed? There were two counts that gave it to the Republicans. What makes the third more valid than the first two?

its why i never freaking understood Al Gore's attempt. Bush won four vote counts. What we are supposed to ignore them if there was a recount in favor of Gore?

The same principle is at work here. There is a close election. the first two counts for the republicans and the third is for the Democrats. why should we believe the third is the accurate one?

Unfortunately the only option that seems fair now is to have a special election and let the votes vote again.

We cant ignore the obvious, why does the count change with every recount? How fair is any election....I think a real cause for us all is to demand standardization of voter registration, ballots and counting. Machines that read the ballot for speedy results and paper copies forany verification or recount. Precincts with this process did well in Washington and the reading machine rejects ballots on the spot that are mismarked. A poll worker can go over the ballot with the voter to determine why the ballot is being rejected and a new ballot can be issued if necessary. The "spoiled ballot" is invalidated and kept as proof. Its an easy system and it works.
Anyway, I voted for Gregoire, but my county turned out to be red. :huh:

sagegirl said:
We cant ignore the obvious, why does the count change with every recount? How fair is any election....I think a real cause for us all is to demand standardization of voter registration, ballots and counting. Machines that read the ballot for speedy results and paper copies forany verification or recount. Precincts with this process did well in Washington and the reading machine rejects ballots on the spot that are mismarked. A poll worker can go over the ballot with the voter to determine why the ballot is being rejected and a new ballot can be issued if necessary. The "spoiled ballot" is invalidated and kept as proof. Its an easy system and it works.
Anyway, I voted for Gregoire, but my county turned out to be red. :huh:

That would be fine sagegirl, but all standards become "voter intimidation" on election day in the minds of you insane libs. You've become the party of irrationality. How do you feel about that?

Having watched the news around here with great interest, let me fill in you non-Washingtonians on a couple of things.

First, we had to have an automatic machine recount because of the close margin of victory for Dino Rossi in the first count. Great. That's the election law.

The second count (first recount) was done by machine. That count also included a few hundred ballots that were not counted the first time because of unmatched signatures. The Democrats mined those ballots for Gregoire votes, got those signatures "fixed" after the election (a dubious practice) and then got those votes counted. Like I said, dubious at the least, fraudulent at worst.

Dino still won that vote, by a 42-vote margin. We called on Gregoire to concede, but she insisted that the race was "tied" and that we had to "count all the votes" (sound familiar?). So we do the hand recount. In the hand recount, over 700 new votes were counted. The GOP went to court to have these votes not counted because, using Bush v. Gore as a precedent, votes that weren't counted in the first place can't be counted in the recount. But the state Supreme Court decided that electing Gregoire was more important, so they ignored that precedent. So new votes were counted, which may or may not have been valid, and which were conveniently discovered in King County. For those outside Washington, King County is where Seattle is. King County outside Seattle is about a 50-50 split between R's and D's; Seattle itself has four Democrats for each Republican. So the county itself leans heavy Democrat, and is run by Democrats who have no fear of being voted out.

That is what makes WA GOPers so mad. The election has literally been stolen from the certified winner by votes that are likely fraudulent.

rtwngAvngr said:
That would be fine sagegirl, but all standards become "voter intimidation" on election day in the minds of you insane libs. You've become the party of irrationality. How do you feel about that?
I dont think that standardization equals intimidation. It is a good thing for both (or all) sides. Fair elections are the foundation of a democratic society. Voter fraud is a serious problem and should be dealt with as such, whether it is perpetrated by election officials, party members, or individuals.
I think both major parties can claim the title of irrationality, dual participation there. Except for a few exceptions, campaigns are media events and often are staged. Rhetoric and slogans become the slog of the day and issues fall to the wayside as those in power appeal to an emotional (irrational) response to the issues rather than factual and clear cut solutions.

gop_jeff said:
Having watched the news around here with great interest, let me fill in you non-Washingtonians on a couple of things.

First, we had to have an automatic machine recount because of the close margin of victory for Dino Rossi in the first count. Great. That's the election law.

The second count (first recount) was done by machine. That count also included a few hundred ballots that were not counted the first time because of unmatched signatures. The Democrats mined those ballots for Gregoire votes, got those signatures "fixed" after the election (a dubious practice) and then got those votes counted. Like I said, dubious at the least, fraudulent at worst.

Dino still won that vote, by a 42-vote margin. We called on Gregoire to concede, but she insisted that the race was "tied" and that we had to "count all the votes" (sound familiar?). So we do the hand recount. In the hand recount, over 700 new votes were counted. The GOP went to court to have these votes not counted because, using Bush v. Gore as a precedent, votes that weren't counted in the first place can't be counted in the recount. But the state Supreme Court decided that electing Gregoire was more important, so they ignored that precedent. So new votes were counted, which may or may not have been valid, and which were conveniently discovered in King County. For those outside Washington, King County is where Seattle is. King County outside Seattle is about a 50-50 split between R's and D's; Seattle itself has four Democrats for each Republican. So the county itself leans heavy Democrat, and is run by Democrats who have no fear of being voted out.

That is what makes WA GOPers so mad. The election has literally been stolen from the certified winner by votes that are likely fraudulent.

I can't hammer-home enough:

"Machine Counts have a lower margin of error than hand counts"

-=d=- said:
I can't hammer-home enough:

"Machine Counts have a lower margin of error than hand counts"

Absolutely... but if you are the WA Democrats, that's irrelevant. The only thing that matters to them is victory at any (or all) cost.

I mean - this election mess....it's like this:

The Arizona Cardinals protesting the Seahawks win last sunday because their kicker made three fieldgoals in PRACTICE, before the game started. Those field goals didn't count ONLY because they weren't kicked at the prescribed TIME...(game-time). Everything else; the field...the goal posts, etc, that was JUST LIKE in an actual game.

(sigh).

hylandrdet said:
Yes, this is of "national repercussion" because you guys have been partying since November about how the Democratics are either in Canada or in hell. This win WILL prove that we are ALIVE and WELL here in America; the democratic party was in control of this country a lot longer than your party; we're not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Oh by the way, you did know that those 700 votes are coming from a district owned by democrats... Right? Tell him to step down and get over it.

Demos have lost 5 of the last 7 presidential elections and had their asses handed to them congressionally for about the last 20 years now, we are witnessing the disintegration of that party yet interestingly enough the answer is right in front of their noses....a shift to more of the center right......yet they think their answer is to go more to the left......I tell ya its pure comedy.

hylandrdet said:
This win WILL prove that we are ALIVE and WELL here in America; the democratic party was in control of this country a lot longer than your party; we're not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Hell, you didn't have to prove that. We know you're alive and well every April 15. And we know you're alive and well whenever there is massive voter fraud such as that which is ongoing in WA.

Hopefully, some of those sonsofbitches will be going to prison for vote fraud.

sure you wanna celebrate here? You just lost a huge election, you have lost control of every single branch of government, and the one "victory" you point to is a gov race where the Republican won the first vote and the machine recount, but the Democrat won by a couple hundred when a HAND RECOUNT is conducted, with more ballots mysteriously turning up.

OCA said:
Demos have lost 5 of the last 7 presidential elections and had their asses handed to them congressionally for about the last 20 years now, we are witnessing the disintegration of that party yet interestingly enough the answer is right in front of their noses....a shift to more of the center right......yet they think their answer is to go more to the left......I tell ya its pure comedy.

Could this be an example of what Karl Rove calls "the gift that keeps on giving"?

Merlin1047 said:
Hopefully, some of those sonsofbitches will be going to prison for vote fraud.

I wish that would be the end result, but both you and I know that the Democrats who manufactured those 700 "found" votes and the judges on Washington State's Supreme Court who supported this perpetrated fraud will never spend 5 seconds in a prison cell. The Republicans in Washington State should fight this tooth and nail until they find out how those 700 votes suddenly materialized when they weren't there doing the first two recounts.

A few points to add to this thread:

1) Even if CG "wins" and becomes the next governor of WA, it is still a major slam to the Dems. Months before the elction, the Dems were prancing about in exepectation of an easy win over Rossi with a 60%+ victory. The fact that the elction came out so close is a mjor slap in the face of the decades powerful Dems in the state. The tide is turning.

2) Despite their claims of "count every vote" by the Dems, their tactics clearly show otherwise. Nowhere is this more evident than how they dealt with the questionable ballots. What they did was get the list of names of the questionable ballots, then went to each of the voters homes. They started by asking them if they were Rep or Dem. If they were Rep, they would say "have a nice day" and leave. If the voter was a Dem, they would prepare the affidavid for the voter to have their vote reconsidered and have them sign it. They clearly only wanted CG votes to count.

The best part is that, no matter who "wins", the Dems have been expsoed and will pay for it in 06 and 08.

To King Co. Elections: RESIGN, RESIGN, RESIGN. It doesn't matter if you're corrupt or just plain incompetent, you've proven well enough that you have no business conducting elections.

I just want to know why the 700 "belatedly discovered" votes were allowed to be counted? I believe there's an RCW (law) that states all votes must be secured and guarded? If they are not secured, doesn't that disqualify them? How many frickin' people were able to rifle through those votes before they became "discovered"? :dev2:

In any case, I agree that the knowledge that the vote was so frickin' close in King County must be scaring the daylights out of the libs. At least it should be. :D

If Rossi can't get a special election approved by the Democratically-run legislature (fat chance), maybe he should run for Senator instead. Marie Cantwell is up for reelection in 2006.

Posted this idea a long time ago but I think it is still valid.

Too bad about washington. Had the recount been reversed and Republicans declared victory the third time around there would have been marching in the streets by dems.

Forum List

Back