Record number of immigrant children in U.S. shelters

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'A record 14,030 immigrant children were in shelters across the country as of last week, one-third of them in Texas, the Houston Chronicle's Lomi Kriel reports.

Why it matters: "It is almost three times the number of children in federal detention a year ago."

Why it's happening: "Advocates largely fault a new government requirement, implemented this summer, that requires all adults in a household seeking to care for an immigrant child to submit their fingerprints for a background check. That information is shared with the Department of Homeland Security and at least 41 so-called sponsors lacking legal status have been arrested,

"Under a California judge’s orders, most of the separated families have now been reunited, and almost all of the children currently in shelters came here on their own."

• But the kids are "being detained longer — an average of 75 days in August, compared to 59 days in June and 41 days in fiscal year 2017."
  • "The daily discharge rate plummeted to 1 percent as of Nov. 15, meaning far more children are being placed in shelters than released."'

Except for the children who crossed the border on their own (if any)...ALL of these children should NEVER have been ripped from their parents.

Trump is scum. And his followers who approve of this practise - scumettes.

Cannot wait until America gives this maggot and his maggettes a boot in 2020.

'A record 14,030 immigrant children were in shelters across the country as of last week, one-third of them in Texas, the Houston Chronicle's Lomi Kriel reports.

Why it matters: "It is almost three times the number of children in federal detention a year ago."

Why it's happening: "Advocates largely fault a new government requirement, implemented this summer, that requires all adults in a household seeking to care for an immigrant child to submit their fingerprints for a background check. That information is shared with the Department of Homeland Security and at least 41 so-called sponsors lacking legal status have been arrested,

"Under a California judge’s orders, most of the separated families have now been reunited, and almost all of the children currently in shelters came here on their own."

• But the kids are "being detained longer — an average of 75 days in August, compared to 59 days in June and 41 days in fiscal year 2017."
  • "The daily discharge rate plummeted to 1 percent as of Nov. 15, meaning far more children are being placed in shelters than released."'

Except for the children who crossed the border on their own (if any)...ALL of these children should NEVER have been ripped from their parents.

Great, so why not let in a few hundred more? Dumbass.

Cause and affect pussy.
Tell the filthy human cockroaches to stop invading. Simple shit for third graders. TA-DA!

I agree, families should be deported together, quickly.

weeeeeee-back-over-the-border-you-go-16079497.png

So you get pissed off when we separate children from their families when they cross over, pissed off when we stop them from entering the country, so WTF do you want anyway?

You want an open border policy where tens of millions of kids can come over and be the burden of American taxpayers. You want us to feed them, us to clothe them, us to provide them shelter, us to take care of their medical care needs; something many Americans can't even do for themselves. You want us to have to learn their language to educate them.

WTF did the United States of America become a free daycare center anyway? This is exactly why Democrat leadership would be the end of this great country.

wasting OUR tax $$$$$$$
send them away

Couple of things.
1. Once you pay your taxes you have no say in what is done with the money. It is not your money.
2. If you did have a say in whats done with your tax dollars, you are not the only person that pays taxes. Some of us don’t mind our tax dollars going to help other human beings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their parents shouldn't have broken into MY country.

wasting OUR tax $$$$$$$
send them away

Couple of things.
1. Once you pay your taxes you have no say in what is done with the money. It is not your money.
2. If you did have a say in whats done with your tax dollars, you are not the only person that pays taxes. Some of us don’t mind our tax dollars going to help other human beings.

Taxes are not supposed to be used for helping other human beings. That's what charities are for.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

We have a record number of families with children coming to the border, which is why the shelters are so full. I agree the fingerprint requirement was a dumb idea, but really it was pretty bad optics allowing illegals to care for other illegals while their court cases were pending. Ouch. What was wrong with THAT picture? With any luck, the army personnel Trump has sent to the border are building temporary shelters. I agree the laws need to be changed or the process needs to be streamlined big time because this whole thing is a nightmare. I thought the President's idea of limiting asylum to those who applied legally, not after jumping the border, was a good one, but it has to be passed by Congress.
Write to your senators, folks. Trump has thrown this hot potato to the Congress and things are only going to get worse for everyone until some real changes are made.

Just call the shelters Waco and treat them like Americans.

OK.

Give them back to their relatives.

In their home Country.

Fixed it.

Wasn't that easy?

wasting OUR tax $$$$$$$
send them away

Couple of things.

Taxes are not supposed to be used for helping other human beings. That's what charities are for.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

Unemployment helps people yet its not a charity.

wasting OUR tax $$$$$$$
send them away

Couple of things.

It's benevolence though. Besides that, unemployment is insurance your employer pays on your behalf. The only time it becomes an actual expense to government is when they institute extensions which the federal government pays. But those are few and far between.

wasting OUR tax $$$$$$$
send them away

Couple of things.

It's benevolence though. Besides that, unemployment is insurance your employer pays on your behalf. The only time it becomes an actual expense to government is when they institute extensions which the federal government pays. But those are few and far between.

So you’re saying the government shouldn’t help people that are in need?

wasting OUR tax $$$$$$$
send them away

Couple of things.

So you’re saying the government shouldn’t help people that are in need?

That's what I'm saying. What government should be doing is written in the US Constitution.

Forum List

Back