Record high gas prices to inaugurate dem convention

This was a hot topic when Bush was President.
Why is it the media totally ignores this now?

Last edited:
hmmm

"There's no magic wand that can reduce the price of gas overnight," says Dan Bartlett, Bush's counselor. "This is an issue that requires national debate as well as substantive change of policy and habits over time."

Eventually, Bush said on April 8, Americans must change "the types of automobiles we drive." He has proposed spending $1.2 billion over five years to develop cars powered by hydrogen fuel cells.

USATODAY.com - Bush to speak on high gas prices

Higher gas prices, lower average income, higher unemployment rate and 5 trillion added to the deficit...indeed a record to be proud of.

Remind me again- what's wrong with $4 gasoline?

Its about $1.50 too high. Like the CEOs of Big Gas Corporations need their $400,000,000 bonuses more than you deserve cheaper gas.

"About $1.50 too high". Sez you?

I want a cheaper fucking laptop. Apple has the highest market value in history and their execs are lavished to the hilt.

Go pick on some real criminals, you petrophobe.

Let's illustrate what happened the last time gasoline was $1.00/gallon...

This was in 1999, under the Clinton administration.

$1.00/gallon retail, minus 40 cents federal, state, local, and environmental taxes = 60 cent net retail cost.

In the succeeding years, thousands of domestic oil production companies went out of business and tens of thousands of industry workers lost their jobs. Domestic production fell, imports rose.

Clinton allowed foreign countries to dump their crude on our markets at below production cost, in violation of numerous laws.

$1.00/gallon my ass. Morons.

Huh?

It shouldn't be over $1.00 a gallon. Profits would still be absurd. The high fuel prices drive up the cost of everything.

If only someone would start mass producing bio fuel engines

This is still burning my ass. Are you 12 years old? An Obamabot? Both?
If only you'd start mass thinking out your brain and not your bung hole.

Let's take another look at the $1.00/gallon gasoline, which as I've illustrated- actually equates to 60 cents/gallon.

Considering the fact that the price of crude oil comprises the bulk cost component of the retail gasoline price, this means that at best domestic oil producers would be paid 60 cents times 42 gallons... $25/barrel for crude. Let's make that $20 because the transporters and refiners and retailers gotta feed their kids. Oh and they gotta pay their execs $4 million as someone posted.

So... at $20/barrel U.S. producers, who are paying at a minimum $30/barrel just to ge the shit out of the ground and into the tanks, are now operating at a net loss of $10/barrel.

And given the fact that 95% of drilling, exploration, and production of crude oil is done so in this country by Independents and NOT the multi-national "Big Oil" that Obama would have you believe... you are axing these small Independently owned companies to continually operate at a loss so America can enjoy their $1.00 (excuse me- 60 cent)/gallon gasoline.

Ohhh ok. Obamanomics is becoming clear to me.

Huh?

It shouldn't be over $1.00 a gallon. Profits would still be absurd.

I sure hope you're being sarcastic because that is just about the most fucked up idiotic statement I've read to date.

Fuck you.

These companies record record profits during the past 7 years of elevated prices and you got the balls to come off as a complete asshole with such an asinine statement.

This is certainly good news for democrat eco-freaks...........It highlights the need for "investment" in "alternatives"............

The liberal media's silence is deafening compared to the mock womanly outrage and sissified hysteria when prices rose during dubya's tenure.................Comical

Forum List

Back