Really BAD movies

I like Bill Murray but most of his movies suck. I liked Groundhog Day and What About Bob, but that's about it.
I am not much of a comedy movie fan.

I have Nebraska on my hard drive somewhere, but I haven't watched it yet. Oh.. one of Payne's early movies is worth a thread all it's own - especially on a political board. Have you seen Citizen Ruth?

I haven't but again, I am not really a Payne fan.

A couple of movies I found recently that I did like...

Bottle Rocket -- Owen Wilson is fantastic in this, along with BOTH his brothers.

Trees Lounge -- Written, produced, directed in and starred in by the incomparable Steve Buscemi.
No streaming of either of those movies on Netflix.

"Unforgiven".

Guy cuts hookers face, Clint hunts him down and kills him.

Thats the plot.

I think the move was terrible. It beat "A Few Good Men" for the Academy Award ( gag ).

Shadow 355

Point Break - Absolutely awful and vapid. And, it's being remade.

American Sniper - A clumsy attempt to justify Iraq and turn it into WW II. No Clint, we weren't the "Good Guys". And Iraqis aren't blood bags for American Bullets.

william defoe...great actor....i watched this and kept thinking any time its gonna be good...it wasnt

p3595229_p_v7_ab.jpg

I like Bill Murray but most of his movies suck. I liked Groundhog Day and What About Bob, but that's about it.

I'm that way about Steve Carell. I've just never found him to be all that funny. He was good in The Office but other than that... not impressed. Jim Carey is another one... I loved him in Mask but that's about it. Bill Hader is another one... I like a comedian who is funny without trying to be. John Candy was great... Eddy Murphy (back in the day) and even Adam Sandler.

I like a good comedy but I seldom roll in the floor laughing. And I tend to like dark comedy better. I'm also hooked on Canadian and British comedy. Not the old Monty Python, Are You Being Served type... the newer more hip comedy... Peep Show, Inbetweeners, Trailer Park Boys, Fresh Meat. I've seen every episode of Trailer Park Boys numerous times.

What kind of movies do you like?

Ah. I miss John Candy. LOVED him in so many movies but my fav is Cool Runnings.

I'm that way about Steve Carell. I've just never found him to be all that funny. He was good in The Office but other than that... not impressed. Jim Carey is another one... I loved him in Mask but that's about it. Bill Hader is another one... I like a comedian who is funny without trying to be. John Candy was great... Eddy Murphy (back in the day) and even Adam Sandler.

I like a good comedy but I seldom roll in the floor laughing. And I tend to like dark comedy better. I'm also hooked on Canadian and British comedy. Not the old Monty Python, Are You Being Served type... the newer more hip comedy... Peep Show, Inbetweeners, Trailer Park Boys, Fresh Meat. I've seen every episode of Trailer Park Boys numerous times.

What kind of movies do you like?
Action. War. Drama's as long as they aren't love stories. SciFi as long as they aren't cheesy. Fantasy. Some horror but again, it depends on how horrific and not stupid slasher flicks. Cartoony, like Finding Nemo and Ice Age and Happy Feet. Historical movies like Gladiator, etc.

NO chick flick lovey doveys. Romance, comedy, I avoid.

but then some of you...gracie...liked snowpiercer ...that was just fucking sad
I liked Snowpiercer cuz I didn't get to write it as it went along. I ALWAYS know how the ending is. Always. This time...nope. Same with The Sixth Sense.

Action. War. Drama's as long as they aren't love stories. SciFi as long as they aren't cheesy. Fantasy. Some horror but again, it depends on how horrific and not stupid slasher flicks. Cartoony, like Finding Nemo and Ice Age and Happy Feet. Historical movies like Gladiator, etc.

NO chick flick lovey doveys. Romance, comedy, I avoid.

I'm a little different. I don't mind an action movie but I want some substance amid all the shit blowing up. I like a good war movie like Saving Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now... but I can take them or leave them and I abhor liberal political perspectives under the guise of a war movie. With Sci-fi, I actually like the old campy, cheesy movies from the 60s... just funny seeing how things were portrayed.. the fears and the social relationships, etc. But then, I tend to like all the older classics... One of my favorite movies of all time is Vertigo. They just don't make movies like that anymore.

I got burnt out on horror flicks after Halloween 5. It just got to be "let's see how sick we can kill someone" and it lost appeal to me. One of my quirky guilty pleasures is Horror/Comedy when done right. If you like that kind of thing you should check out Tucker and Dale vs. Evil... hilarious spoof of the old 'teens in the woods' horror flicks.

I don't mind a good Rom-Com but I hate it when you think you're watching a drama or historic movie and it turns into a rom-com! Like Titanic! I was watching one the other day... Mark Wahlberg in Shooter. He's on the lamb, been shot up real good... ends up in a cabin with an attractive woman and next thing you know they're making whoopee. *gag*

I love just about anything by the Coen brothers. My favorite movies are often ones that aren't really about anything... Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowski, etc.

Urban Cowboy? omg. My Snowpiercer needs to lance UC. First tremors was ok. Sorta.

Most folks HATED Waterworld with Costner. I loved it. Then again, I do like me some Dennis Hopper Had Guy :lol:

To me, the film named Spanglish was not worth what I paid to see it in the theater. It was boring and sleep inducing.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Want to see bad movies? Try most anything free on Comcast On Demand. I had that about 3 years ago. I can thank that for providing me with the following information:
The Worst Movie ever is ...

Morons from outer space

I swear ... it is unwatchable. Not a single laugh. Not one.

Forum List

Back