REAL Americans Step-Up-To-The-Plate!!

Ditto baby.

The left wing loons who believe in "spreading the wealth" should pool THIER money and commence to spreading it around.

I'm sure all the poor and downtrodden would applaud their efforts.

Last edited:
they better do it BEFORE they die or they will have to give a huge amount of it to the federal government in the "death tax"

You can voluntarily give as much as you want... and many people give just fine without being forced to by government.. and regardless of any politics, I applaud those who give charitably of their own free will

You think all taxes should be voluntary?
no, but they should be low
and if you think you should pay in more, you are welcome and free to do so

Only a lefty would bring up taxes when discussing charitable giving. Everything revolves around some scheme to extract money from somebody... else.

"A total of 57 billionaires now have joined The Giving Pledge, which was launched by Microsoft founder Gates and investor Buffett in June. The campaign announced the new pledges in a statement late on Wednesday."

:clap2:

What I would love to see Buffett do is give 60% of the Profit Margin from his Insurance Companies that will be raking it all in on the Life Insurance Policies they sell as a result of the Death Tax, that he supported, for personal gain.

"A total of 57 billionaires now have joined The Giving Pledge, which was launched by Microsoft founder Gates and investor Buffett in June. The campaign announced the new pledges in a statement late on Wednesday."

:clap2:

What I would love to see Buffett do is give 60% of the Profit Margin from his Insurance Companies that will be raking it all in on the Life Insurance Policies they sell as a result of the Death Tax, that he supported, for personal gain.
Well.....except there IS no (that'd be ISN'T no.....for you Bush-fans) Death Tax.

:rolleyes:

You can voluntarily give as much as you want... and many people give just fine without being forced to by government.. and regardless of any politics, I applaud those who give charitably of their own free will

Nice try... not what I said...

I think all charitable efforts should be voluntary.... and that government has no business being a charity... and it also has no business in forcing others to feed some liberal need for governmental charity

I think taxes are for the operation of government.. and should be owed equally by every citizen at the same rate on every dollar earned... not some 'touchy feely' class warfare selective equal treatment bullshit system

Well.....except there IS no (that'd be ISN'T no.....for you Bush-fans) Death Tax.

Absolute rubbish and a flat out lie
I believe I already said that.

Talk to me about that after January 1st.
There'll be no Death Tax, then, either.

Why would the life insurance industry care about that? It turns out that ten percent of life insurance industry revenue is related to the estate tax. Wealthy people take out life insurance in order to reduce estate taxes because when you die, your life insurance payout doesn't count as part of your estate.
Did you know that Warren Buffett owns six life insurance companies? Did you know he supports the estate tax? You do now.
Warren Buffett isn't just noted as an owner of life insurance companies and a supporter of the estate tax. He's also noted as a buyer of family businesses. As Dick Patten shows, these two business strategies support each other.
A family business owner or farmer takes out a large life insurance policy which he sinks tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars into each year. When he finally passes away, the life insurance pays out his policy to his family--tax free...
Even as Mr. Buffett's insurance companies are "protecting" family businesses from the IRS, he is buying companies that are forced to sell themselves to pay the death tax. Mr. Buffett's ability to buy family businesses at bargain basement prices depends on families being desperate to sell-and nothing produces family businesses desperate to sell quickly like a 55% bill from the IRS on all of the businesses' assets.
Estate taxes must be paid to the U.S. Treasury within a year of the testator's death. In cash.
Back in 1931, the liberal son of an immigrant banker knew what to call this kind of business. Matthew Josephson wrote The Robber Barons to argue that the industrial giants of the 19th century had not created wealth in the right way. They had acted like the feudal barons who for centuries had dominated the mountain passes through the Alps. The great corporations of the Gilded Age "monopolized strategic valley roads or mountain passes through which commerce flowed" just like the old barons-of-the-crags.
Hello, Warren? Isn't your business model exactly the one that so offended young Matthew back in the Great Depression after he got back from a decade living la vie bohème as an ex-pat in Paris? Aren't your businesses sitting at an economic choke-point, exploiting the unintended consequences of bad government economic policy, gouging successful family businesses both coming and going, and exploiting grieving widows?

Mark Levin

Nice try... not what I said...

I think all charitable efforts should be voluntary.... and that government has no business being a charity... and it also has no business in forcing others to feed some liberal need for governmental charity

I think taxes are for the operation of government.. and should be owed equally by every citizen at the same rate on every dollar earned... not some 'touchy feely' class warfare selective equal treatment bullshit system

I'm guessing an across the board flat tax rate, designed to produce the same amount of revenue we are now getting,

would raise your taxes. Unless you happen to be very very rich.

Am I wrong?

Forum List

Back