Reagan Reverses Roosevelt

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Today....June 12th, of 1987, the finest President of the last hundred years, pulled the rug out from under the folks for whom Franklin Roosevelt served as facilitator.

"Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall!"

"Ronald Reagan, though dismissed by Europeans as a second-rate actor and fondler of cue cards, possessed that magic faculty that separates run-of-the mill politicos from history-molding leaders. "I didn't understand", recalls Time's Joe Klein, "how truly monumental, and morally important, Reagan's anti-communism was until I visited the Soviet Union in 1987." He continues with a seemingly trivial vignette. Attending the Bolshoi Ballet, he was nudged by his minder: "'Ronald Reagan. Evil empire', he whispered with dramatic intensity and shot a glance toward his lap where he had hidden two enthusiastic thumbs up. 'Yes!'"

When an American president manages to pluck the soul strings of those who have been raised to fear and despise what he represents, he surely deserves the honorific 'great.'
FindArticles.com | CBSi

Today....June 12th, of 1987, the finest President of the last hundred years, pulled the rug out from under the folks for whom Franklin Roosevelt served as facilitator.

Too bad he didn't add, "Otherwise I'll spend my country into bankruptcy buying expensive weapons we don't need in order to try to intimidate you!"

Too bad he didn't add, "Otherwise I'll spend my country into bankruptcy buying expensive weapons we don't need in order to try to intimidate you!"

Too bad you're a moron.

Here's what he did to the economy:

1. Under Reagan, the debt went up $1.7 trillion, from $900 billion to $2.6 trillion.
  2. But….the national wealth went up $ 17 trillion
  3. Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries.
George Gilder: The Real Reagan Lesson for Romney-Ryan

And:
Reaganomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You must cry yourself to sleep every night wishing that the failure, Obama, had those numbers for his legacy.

Too bad you're a moron.

1. Under Reagan, the debt went up $1.7 trillion, from $900 billion to $2.6 trillion.

Um, no. It didn't. The Debt was 900 billion when he took office, and was over 3 trillion when he left in an Alzheimer's induced daze. It went over 4.5 Trillion when Bush Senior left and all the policies fell into place.

Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries.

It did nothing of the sort. I was in the military at that time. A lot of the stuff that Reagan bought was crap that just made the contractors rich, but really didn't do jack for the soldiers.

Now, I know why you guys need Reagan. He's the only Republican in the White House who didn't leave in complete disgrace since Eisenhower. But I think you guys need to better than these "Leper with the Most fingers" distinctions...

Yeah. FDR fought against fascism.

Time to educate you?

Communism, Nazism, Fascism.......Liberalism.......all subscribe to the same things....collectivization, unquestioning lock-step adherence to government policies, over-regulation, and unlimited central command and control governance.....'

You too????

Too bad you're a moron.

Um, no. It didn't. The Debt was 900 billion when he took office, and was over 3 trillion when he left in an Alzheimer's induced daze. It went over 4.5 Trillion when Bush Senior left and all the policies fell into place.

Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries.

It did nothing of the sort. I was in the military at that time. A lot of the stuff that Reagan bought was crap that just made the contractors rich, but really didn't do jack for the soldiers.

Now, I know why you guys need Reagan. He's the only Republican in the White House who didn't leave in complete disgrace since Eisenhower. But I think you guys need to better than these "Leper with the Most fingers" distinctions...

I provide links.....you provide hot air.

Pretty much proves what I said about you, huh?

I provide links.....you provide hot air.

Pretty much proves what I said about you, huh?

you provide crazy...

Keep scrubbing, it doesn't come off.

"you provide crazy..."

Really?

Where?
  2. But….the national wealth went up $ 17 trillion
  3. Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries.
George Gilder: The Real Reagan Lesson for Romney-Ryan

And:
Reaganomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

again, take some basic economics. Middle Class wages went down when inflation was factored in.

The rich got richer, the poor got poorer.

"The rich got richer, the poor got poorer."

Help me with this....for clarity: are you more of a dunce, or more of a low-life, bottom-dwelling, sniveling liar?

Just between us.

1. "In The End of Prosperity, supply side guru Art Laffer and Wall Street Journal chief financial writer Steve Moore point out that this Reagan recovery grew into a 25-year boom, with just slight interruptions by shallow, short recessions in 1990 and 2001. They wrote:

"We call this period, 1982-2007, the twenty-five year boom-the greatest period of wealth creation in the history of the planet. In 1980, the net worth-assets minus liabilities-of all U.S. households and business ... was $25 trillion in today's dollars. By 2007, ... net worth was just shy of $57 trillion. Adjusting for inflation, more wealth was created in America in the twenty-five year boom than in the previous two hundred years."
http://theccpp.org/2011/05/reaganomics-vs-obamanomics-facts-and-figures-1.html

2. “Between the early 1980s and 2007 we lived in an economic Golden Age. Never before have so many people advanced so far economically in so short a period of time as they have during the last 25 years. Until the credit crisis, 70 million people a year were joining the middle class. The U.S. kicked off this long boom with the economic reforms of Ronald Reagan, particularly his enormous income tax cuts. We burst from the economic stagnation of the 1970s into a dynamic, innovative, high-tech-oriented economy. Even in recent years the much-maligned U.S. did well. Between year-end 2002 and year-end 2007 U.S. growth exceeded the entire size of China's economy.”
How Capitalism Will Save Us - Forbes

Homo habilis, discovering his opposable thumbs, says what?

Just let me know when it's time for you to be slapped around a little more.

Help me with this....for clarity: are you more of a dunce, or more of a low-life, bottom-dwelling, sniveling liar?

Are you a brainwashed Moonie, or naturally stupid?

Okay,without going through your verbal sludge, here are some pretty charts.

average-after-tax-income-by-income-group.png

unionmembershipratesweb-01.jpg

Are you a brainwashed Moonie, or naturally stupid?

Okay,without going through your verbal sludge, here are some pretty charts.

average-after-tax-income-by-income-group.png

unionmembershipratesweb-01.jpg

http://www.ustreas.gov/education/fact-sheets/taxes/ustax.shtml

1. The benefits from Reaganomics:
    1. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
    2. Inflation rate dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%. (Table B-63)
    3. Unemployment fell to 5.5% from 7.1% (Table B-35)
    4. Prime interest rate fell by one-third.(Table B-73)
    5. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95) http://www.gpoaccess.gov/eop/tables10.html
    6. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116

b. and c. Kiva Lending Team: Team Ron Paul, Hulk Hogan, Jesus of Nazareth, Chuck Norris, Ronald Reagan, John Wayne, Thomas Jefferson, Alex Jones, Peyton Manning, The Tuskegee Airmen, Schiff, REAL Americans, and George W. Bush | Kiva

Wow, I could pull a bunch of random states from Obama's years, but I don't think that would change your mind (like you have one) about him.

So let's look at Reagan

Created Jihadism
Destroyed the Middle Class
Tripled the National Debt
Ignored AIDS for years
Flooded our Streets with Homeless people.

What a guy.

Wow, I could pull a bunch of random states from Obama's years, but I don't think that would change your mind (like you have one) about him.

So let's look at Reagan

Created Jihadism
Ignored AIDS for years

What a guy.

Back for more slapping around???

No prob!

Reaganomics Beats Obama’s ‘Middle Class Economics’ By A Country Mile

In the first five years of the Reagan recovery, the economy grew 4.6% a year on average. Under Obama, it’s been a paltry 2.2%.

Employment had climbed more than 18% by this point in Reagan’s recovery. Under Obama, it’s a mere 7.2%.

Looked at another way, the growth gap between Obama’s economic policies and Reagan’s is now $2.4 trillion in lost GDP and a stunning 14.4 million in lost jobs.

Obama hasn’t just underperformed Reagan, he’s underperformed every president since the Great Depression.
ISSgap0202_600.gif

Consider the fact that in the past five years, real annual GDP growth hasn’t once reached 3% — which is the average growth rate, including recessions, from 1945 through 2009. If you strip out years when the economy contracted, the average growth rate is more than 4%.

clip_image002.gif
Reaganomics Beats Obama’s ‘Middle Class Economics’ By A Country Mile

So let's look at Reagan

Created Jihadism
Ignored AIDS for years

What a guy.

Gads....you not only don't know anything....but you serve as a compendium of Leftist propaganda.

"Flooded our Streets with Homeless people."

OMG!!!!

Have you ever done any research on your own?????

Or finished a book that didn't involve coloring?????

1." On Feb. 5, 1963, ... President John F. Kennedy addressed Congress on "Mental Illness and Mental Retardation." He proposed a new program under which the federal government would fund community mental-health centers, or CMHCs, to take the place of state mental hospitals. As Kennedy envisioned it, "reliance on the cold mercy of custodial isolations will be supplanted by the open warmth of community concern and capability."

2. Kennedy's proposal was historic because the public care of mentally ill individuals had been exclusively a state responsibility for more than a century. The federal initiative encouraged the closing of state hospitals and aborted the development of state-funded outpatient clinics in process at that time.

3. .... the feds funded 789 CMHCs with a total of $2.7 billion ($20.3 billion in today's dollars). During those same years, the number of patients in state mental hospitals fell by three quarters—to 132,164 from 504,604—and those beds were closed down.

a. .... CMHCs were not interested in taking care of the patients being discharged from the state hospitals. Instead, they focused on individuals with less severe problems sometimes called "the worried well."

4. ... this federal program failed because ... it did not provide care for the sickest patients released from the state hospitals. When President Ronald Reagan finally block-granted federal CMHC funds to the states in 1981, he was not killing the program. He was disposing of the corpse.

a. .... Medicaid and Medicare... Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Insurance programs.... The federal takeover of the mental-illness treatment system was complete.

5. According to multiple studies summarized by the Treatment Advocacy Center, these untreated mentally ill are responsible for 10% of all homicides (and a higher percentage of the mass killings), constitute 20% of jail and prison inmates and at least 30% of the homeless. Severely mentally ill individuals now inundate hospital emergency rooms and have colonized libraries, parks, train stations and other public spaces. The quality of the lives of these individuals mocks the lofty intentions of the founders of the CMHC program.

6. ...the annual total public funds for the support and treatment of mentally ill individuals is now more than $140 billion. The equivalent expenditure in 1963 when Kennedy proposed the CMHC program was $1 billion, or about $10 billion in today's dollars.

7. Nor is President Obama likely to do anything, since his lead agency, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, has essentially denied that a problem exists. Its contribution to the president's response to the Dec. 14 Newtown tragedy focused only on school children and insurance coverage. And its current plan of action for 2011-14, a 41,000-word document, includes no mention of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or outpatient commitment, all essential elements in an effective plan for corrective action.

8. ... this federal experiment has failed, as seen most recently in the mass shootings by mentally ill individuals in Newtown, Conn., Aurora, Colo., and Tucson, Ariz. It is time for the federal government to get out of this business and return the responsibility, and funds, to the states." E. Fuller Torrey: Fifty Years of Failing America's Mentally Ill

So....the mentally ill are the major factor in mass shootings......and the inception of the 'empty the mental hospitals' is not at the behest of Republican Reagan....but, rather, Democrat Kennedy.

You are quite the dunce, aren't you.

Forum List

Back