Re-awakening a sleeping giant??

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5600

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Such a great piece.

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Your right. And yet it's still all about Abhu-Grahib :(

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Darin you being a military man I need to ask you a question.

God forbid you were captured by terrorists, would you fight with everything you had just to keep them from having the pleasure of torturing you? Even at gunpoint. I was thinking about this today. I would hope that I would charge them even hand cuffed and have them shoot me rather than wait to be tortured. JMO

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Now the Marines that have been held at Ft. Pendleton, mostly in shackles since May, are going to be indicted on murder charges:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/politics/3989574.html

That will set the moonbats off.

7. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Everthing's backasswards:mad:

The 'sleeping giant' has been drugged with liberalism.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yep, here is my column of the day. Addresses both the soldiers and the military's snap to find wrong with our troops:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/torturers_hope_opedcolumnists_john_podhoretz.htm

9. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    CAMP Pendleton, Marines don't have Forts. :teeth:

I think that the people who are saying these things, comparing our troops to these insurgents (who the hell does that??) aren't real Americans. You can't sit here and slap a fucking "Support the Troops" sticker on your bumper and then go and say, "Well our troops are just as bad as they are." That's not support that's stupidity, aka, liberalism. Real Americans realize that the shit our troops are doing is being done because this is a fucking WAR. In WAR people die, civilians die, people get tortured, fucked up shit happens and that's that.

Here's the definition of WAR for those of you who think that what we're doing is wrong:

Main Entry: War
    Pronunciation: 'wor
    Function: noun
    Usage: often attributive
    Etymology: Middle English werre, from Old North French, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German werra strife; akin to Old High German werran to confuse
    1 a (1) : a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations (2) : a period of such armed conflict

In war there is no fucking fairness. Like I've said before, you do not shake hands with your enemy, flip a coin, make rules and start playing war. It does not happen like that and for people to sit here and be so damn ignorant to the fact that this shit has happened in every American war since this blessed country has been established and every war before that, you can go back to fucking school and fill that empty ass skull of yours with the knowledge that WAR IS FUCKING HELL!

Understand that! :salute:

P.S.- I just got into the Marine Corps two days ago. I was sworn in to the Marines to fight for this country if need be. I said with my right hand in the air looking at the American, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force flags that I, Joseph XXXX XXXXXXX, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I said those words with the thought that I will be looked upon as a proud member of the U.S. Military and not a war monger and baby killer. I swear that if I go to war and come back to the shit that some of our soldiers and Marines have to come back to, I will be extremely upset with the country I'm fighting for.

Some people need to grow up, realize that this shit is war and that there is NO peace...just break between war. That's life, get over it.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I'll answer for him. They'd have to kill me because I wouldn't be going any-damned-where just to be butchered on film for their so-called holy war.