Raytheon and United Technologies Announce Merger to Create 'Military-Industrial Behemoth'

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Article from 6/10/19...
In a move that immediately sparked concerns among anti-trust advocates, weapons manufacturer Raytheon and aerospace giant United Technologies agreed Sunday to a $120 billion merger that was described as one of the largest-ever combinations of two defense contractors.

The merger, if approved by the government and the two companies' shareholders, would create what the Washington Post described as a "military-industrial behemoth" with the power to rival Lockheed Martin, the world's largest defense contractor.

"The company should be expected to make a strong play for the Defense Department's emerging hypersonic missiles programs," the Post reported. "It also will give Raytheon a sizable foothold in the commercial aerospace market for the first time in recent memory. Before the combination, the lion's share of Raytheon's revenue came from the Pentagon and U.S. intelligence agencies."

Raytheon and United Technologies Announce Merger to Create 'Military-Industrial Behemoth'

Another link;
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/06/11/raytheon-utc-merger-latest-series-major-defense-firm-acquisitions.html
raytheon.jpg

This isn’t free market capitalism. It’s an oligarchy.

Rather than approve the merger a just government would break the two up into multiple very small corporations, with no political clout.

The entire Defense industry is scary, and very powerful. I appreciate our military having the best and latest equipment, but there is a lot of corruption internally, and it is not a partisan thing. It is a systemic problem as former DOD, and military higher ups (Generals and Admirals) all run these defense companies. They gave lucrative contracts to these companies when in the FedGov, then were rewarded with big paying jobs upon retirement. Rinse and repeat.

The entire Defense industry is scary, and very powerful. I appreciate our military having the best and latest equipment, but there is a lot of corruption internally, and it is not a partisan thing. It is a systemic problem as former DOD, and military higher ups (Generals and Admirals) all run these defense companies. They gave lucrative contracts to these companies when in the FedGov, then were rewarded with big paying jobs upon retirement. Rinse and repeat.
Oh it’s a scam of the highest order.

I say its time to eliminate government funding for the war machine entirely. I can dream can’t I?

I retired from Lockheed Martin. Get a nice retirement check from them each month.

I am against this merger because it will mean more competition. My stock may take a hit.

I say its time to eliminate government funding for the war machine entirely. I can dream can’t I?
It's not like we were never warned before.
782.jpg

View attachment 265326
Agreed. It is instructive that so few of our political class have warned Americans of the heinous nature of the Military Industrial Complex. Ike did as he left the WH, but did nothing to curtail it as POTUS. JFK intended to end the Cold War and destroy the CIA in his second term, but got his head blown off. Maybe the consequences of that day in Dallas have something to do with it.

View attachment 265326
Agreed. It is instructive that so few of our political class have warned Americans of the heinous nature of the Military Industrial Complex. Ike did as he left the WH, but did nothing to curtail it as POTUS. JFK intended to end the Cold War and destroy the CIA in his second term, but got his head blown off. Maybe the consequences of that day in Dallas have something to do with it.
I compare it to Back to the Future 2 when Doc and Marty have to go back to
get the Sports almanac from Biff in order to reset the correct course of history. Only we need to go back and prevent the JFK murder instead. Right now we're in the chaotic, out-of-control alternate Biff Henderson reality.

View attachment 265326
I compare it to Back to the Future 2 when Doc and Marty have to go back to
get the Sports almanac from Biff in order to reset the correct course of history. Only we need to go back and prevent the JFK murder instead. Right now we're in the chaotic, out-of-control alternate Biff Henderson reality.
That’s a good analogy.

I retired from Lockheed Martin. Get a nice retirement check from them each month.

I am against this merger because it will mean more competition. My stock may take a hit.
If you sleep well at night knowing your products were for the good of mankind
then more power to you. Careful not to burn your flag down with those fireworks in 2 weeks.

If you sleep well at night knowing your products were for the good of mankind
then more power to you. Careful not to burn your flag down with those fireworks in 2 weeks.

The products made by LM helped to keep my son safe while he was deployed to war by Obama.

Did you vote for Obama who sent my son to war?

The products made by LM helped to keep my son safe while he was deployed to war by Obama.

Wouldn't you and your family have been just as happy and less worried if you worked for a solar panel manufacturer under Obama, Trump or whoever ?

obamasolarpanels.jpg

Solar sucks. Another stupid Obama idea. How did that investment with Solyndra work out for the American taxpayer? Not very well.

I am an Environmental Engineer. I have costed several solar systems out. None of them made any sense.

If solar was feasible then the filthy government wouldn't have to subsidize it to get people to buy it.

Wouldn't you and your family have been just as happy and less worried if you worked for a solar panel manufacturer under Obama, Trump or whoever ?

obamasolarpanels.jpg

Solar sucks. Another stupid Obama idea. How did that investment with Solyndra work out for the American taxpayer? Not very well.

I am an Environmental Engineer. I have costed several solar systems out. None of them made any sense.

If solar was feasible then the filthy government wouldn't have to subsidize it to get people to buy it.
Exactly the response I expected.

Here's a news 'flash'.
Nuclear power is always subsidized and has never turned a profit.
Solyndra ?? That's your big talking point still ? A sabotage job by the fossil fuel giants.
Do you have any idea how far the world has come along since then in less than 10 years ?
Environmental engineer ? Oh you were a chem-trail pilot .

Last edited:

obamasolarpanels.jpg

Warren Buffet and other Democrat billionaire donors love it; they're making out nicely from the subsidies.

I'm pro-nuclear, but I wouldn't let an American company build one, they're too crooked and would hire illegal aliens and green cards from some U.S. hating shitholes for staff.. A French or German firm would be good, they have excellent records with nuclear plants.

Forum List

Back