Rap & Hip Hop

German is not a great language for singing, being very guttural. So, 18th century German operas often included long segments where the singers would speak the rhyming words instead of singing them with a musical accompaniment. They called it ... 'singspiel' or 'sing-game'. I would certainly classify that as rap.
But it's not hip-hop. I believe thread is meant to be about it and it's subset called 'rap'.

German is not a great language for singing, being very guttural. So, 18th century German operas often included long segments where the singers would speak the rhyming words instead of singing them with a musical accompaniment. They called it ... 'singspiel' or 'sing-game'. I would certainly classify that as rap.
But it's not hip-hop. I believe thread is meant to be about it and it's subset called 'rap'.
When I was a very young lad this is what we called rap.

700-00063678en_Masterfile.jpg

And none of us liked it.........

When I was a very young lad this is what we called rap.

700-00063678en_Masterfile.jpg

And none of us liked it.........
Don't remind me. :ack-1:

Forum List

Back