Rap and Hip Hop

IceMan30

Sep 24, 2016
I was asked what the difference is, between music and dancing, and stupid garbage.

So I said...

Are you Singing ?
Are you playing musical instruments from which musical sounds are ORIGINALLY composed from ?
Are you dancing with a partner, in elegant movement patterns, and performing difficult movement with your feet in such a way, that it takes band camp to learn it ?

If the answer is yes, then its music and dancing.

If you're screaming, and/or simply rhyming... and cussing... and doing stunts, or you are playing a radio or using a boom box or turntable from which the sound of musical notes do not originate...
Then it isn't music, or dancing.

You can do whatever you want... its a free country.

But don't get pissed off if Eminem and his hip hop stunts can't win a music and dancing contest...
Because you have to play to win... and Rap and Hip hop are neither.
And the clothing fashion in it, is cheap and sucks.

Simple as that.

Why is this in Politics?
I put it here by accident.
But Rap and Hip hop is the junk street culture of people cut off from culture.

I disagree. Rap and hip hop, like any other genre of music, produces some really great stuff and some not so great stuff. We could have a discussion about how rap has changed over the years, but something tells me you are a bit too musically retarded to even have a conversation about that.

• Banned
Why is this in Politics?

I disagree. Rap and hip hop, like any other genre of music, produces some really great stuff and some not so great stuff. We could have a discussion about how rap has changed over the years, but something tells me you are a bit too musically retarded to even have a conversation about that.

rap and hip hop are not a genere of music or dance, because its neither one of those.
Its rhyming, and stunts.
Its only categorized as music, to satify its fan base.

Why is this in Politics?

rap and hip hop are not a genere of music or dance, because its neither one of those.
Its only categorized as such to satify its fan base.

Of course it is. Your "opinion" of what constitutes what is and what isn't "music or dance" is totally irrelevant.

Why is this in Politics?

Of course it is. Your "opinion" of what constitutes what is and what isn't "music or dance" is totally irrelevant.

excuse me, but that simply isn't the case.
To be in any kind of mainstream musical or dancing contest, you cannot "rap", or "break dance" because the judges and the musical community doesn't recognize it as music or dancing.
And in the best contests, you cant use electrical instruments.

They recognize it precisely as the cultural phenomenon of people cut off from society beyond poverty.
Not as music and dancing worthy of the respect of skilled people.

Last edited:
Why is this in Politics?

To be in any kind of mainstream musical or dancing contest, you cannot "rap", or "break dance" because the judges and the musical community doesn't recognize it as music or dancing.

They recognize it precisely as the cultural phenomenon of people cut off from society beyond poverty.

LOL, ok? But who cares about "dance" anyway? Music is totally different from dance.

LOL, ok? But who cares about "dance" anyway? Music is totally different from dance.

Professional musician organizations also scrutinize Hollywood.
So just because it has a label on it, doesn't mean anything to a good worldly, sophisticated contest.
They see Hollywood as mass media... not as a standard.

So just because Hollywood has fly by night people to put stuff out, means nothing.
They are interested in high talent not big money.

They put one of the Rap skanks into the rock hall of fame. I looked them up hoping heck, they might be alright. Talent-less garbage.

They put one of the Rap skanks into the rock hall of fame. I looked them up hoping heck, they might be alright. Talent-less garbage.
. It's like a cancer this ghetto rap crap is, where as it takes over the mind against it's will, and then it leads to the death of the mind soon there after. Now I have heard some very good Christian Rap stuff, and when rap got started it was a little bit of singing mixed with rapping, and then sometimes break dancing is involved to get the bigger picture of what the artist was up to. Now ghetto rap or political rap sucks, because it is usually filled with cursing and violent promoting lyrics, and that should be unacceptable to anything considered to be mainstream entertainment. How anyone would give a platform to someone in order for them to poison the people's minds, and especially childrens minds (IMHO) is pure EVIL. The rebuke (boycott) of such evil should be the trend of today, and not the embracing of it. To teach a child to sin is an evil thing.

Most of it is shit nowadays. No substance, repetitive lyrics, simple beats, and overwhelming focus on sex and drugs.

Isn't it ironic that critics of hip hop tend to like classic rock? :laugh2:

Forum List

Back