Rangel takes leave

Discussion in 'Politics' started by namvet, Mar 3, 2010.

1. namvet

namvet Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,815
    another liberal on the ropes

FOXNews.com - Rangel to Step Down From Ways and Means Post Amid Ethics Probe

since when are liberals ethical???? putting him in charge of money is like letting the robber run the bank

2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
  3. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Charlie Rangel represents all that is wrong with Congress. Glad that corrupt, inept boob has stepped aside to allow an actual leader to take over the W&M Committee.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. AvgGuyIA

AvgGuyIA Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,448
    I'm hearing that the congressional black caucus is demanding that Rangel be replaced by another black. WTH is it with these congressional racists anyway? A white, brown, yellow or red skinned guy isn't good enough to run the Ways and Means committee?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Wow....I had no idea Affirmative Action applied to Congressional Committees as well...:lol:

6. AvgGuyIA

AvgGuyIA Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,448
    When it comes to Liberal Black Congressmen and Congresswomen, Affirmative Action apples to everything. The skillful need not apply.

7. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,070
    This should be remembered about Representative Rangel, as well as his flaws:

"Rangel then enlisted in the United States Army, and served from 1948 to 1952.[9] During the Korean War, he was a member of the all-black 503rd Field Artillery Battalion in the 2nd Infantry Division.[10] In late November 1950, this unit was caught up in heavy fighting in North Korea as part of the U.N. forces retreat from the Yalu River. In the Battle of Kunu-Ri, Rangel was part of a vehicle column that was trapped and attacked by the Chinese Army.[10] In the subzero cold, Rangel was injured by shrapnel from a Chinese shell.[11] Some U.S. soldiers were being taken prisoner, but others looked to Rangel, who though only a private first class had a reputation for leadership in the unit. Rangel led some 40 men from his unit, during three days of freezing weather, out of the Chinese encirclement; nearly half of the battalion was killed in the overall battle.[12] Rangel was awarded a Purple Heart for his wounds and the Bronze Star with Valor for his actions in the face of death.[13] He was also awarded the Presidential Unit Citation,[14] the Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, and three battle stars.[13] In 2000, Rangel reflected with CBS News that "Since Kunu Ri – and I mean it with all my heart, I have never, never had a bad day."[10]
    [ame=http://askville.amazon.com/Charles-Bernard-Charlie-Rangel-received-medal-Korea-war/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=58128762]Who is Charles Bernard "Charlie" Rangel and did he received a medal after Korea war?[/ame]

Each of us may choose how to view the Congressman, but with all of the information known.

I salute what he did for his country.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  8. Conspiracist

Conspiracist Snuggle weather rocks!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +505
    That really is to be respected. It looks as if his rep amy be tarnished now. This is too bad, for I guarantee if found to be corrupt he will be remembered for corruption over his military services.

9. AvgGuyIA

AvgGuyIA Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,448
    I'm sure Benedict Arnold did some great things before he betrayed his Countrymen. Rangel's military background is not at issue here. Neither was Murtha's. Those men were corrupt to the bone.

10. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,070
    Your opinion about the Congressman is your own, and, of course, is valid.

As long as you recognize both sides.