Can we ignore ObamaCare the same way Dems and Obama ignore PayGo?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
If, Allah willing, the Dems use reconciliation to pass ObamaCare, do we have to follow it or can we just treat it the same way Dems treated the recently passed PayGo and just ignore it?

Goose meet gander.

If, Allah willing, the Dems use reconciliation to pass ObamaCare, do we have to follow it or can we just treat it the same way Dems treated the recently passed PayGo and just ignore it?

Goose meet gander.

In MA we will have to enforce our state's right to deny the fedral government encroaching in our health care. After all we already have 98% coverage and dont need this extra expense considering our state's budget defecit.

i wonder why every republican in the house voted NO to pay as you go? I think proletarian just made a thread about 'pay go' and a vote on it, last night....and ALL republicans voted no! Do you guys know why they would do that?

i wonder why every republican in the house voted NO to pay as you go? I think proletarian just made a thread about 'pay go' and a vote on it, last night....and ALL republicans voted no! Do you guys know why they would do that?

Why did Dems vote yes and why did Obama sign it if they had no intention of following it?

Why did Dems vote yes and why did Obama sign it if they had no intention of following it?

Because they believe in the principle "Do as I say, not as I do".

Because they are progressives and hypocrites and need to be voted out if they are up for re-election in november.

Thats my thought on it.

Because they are progressives and hypocrites and need to be voted out if they are up for re-election in november.

Thats my thought on it.
there could have been something in the pay go bill that they objected to, so u could be 2 quick to condemn them....

Yes Frank we should. congress votes all the time for measures that they don't follow. looks good donut? paygo? then they circumvent that by declaring everything an "emergency" that's why we call em DUmmies.

Goose meet gander.

Here's the problem with that:

Congress thinks it's okay for they themselves to ignore laws and rules, but they insist on fining and taxing (or even threatening jail time) to make sure that us serfs are kept under their thumbs.

One thing's for certain... If they use reconciliation to put it in, there's no reason in the world we shouldn't use reconciliation to take it back out. :eusa_angel:

Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth we'll hear on that day. It'll be GLORIOUS! :lol:

You can try.

AFter all, the pols have been ignoring your needs for decades.

Undoing it via reconciliation would actually be easy. Given that the real use of Reconciliation is budgetary, all the Senate would have to do is strike all funding and taxes related to ObamaCare. If there are no resources to fund the beast, there is no one to fine and harass us.

Wish we could ingnore it.

Unfortuantely its going to mean higher premium costs for those of us with insurance. YOu can't put millions in a program, not pay for it, and expect to not pay higher costs. Common Sense should tell anyone that.

I can't believe the Dem Clowns in DC are still trying to ram this bs bill down our throats "For our own good" naturally since we are all so stupid.

We cannot afford this ridiculous bill. The country is damned near bankrupt. These people are idiots.

Unfortuantely its going to mean higher premium costs for those of us with insurance. YOu can't put millions in a program, not pay for it, and expect to not pay higher costs. Common Sense should tell anyone that.

I can't believe the Dem Clowns in DC are still trying to ram this bs bill down our throats "For our own good" naturally since we are all so stupid.

We cannot afford this ridiculous bill. The country is damned near bankrupt. These people are idiots.

Idiots?

No. they're amaizing adapt at convincing people that they are broken down into two philosophically opposing camps.

But when you look at where they get their support, what do you find?

That both parties are being supported by the same people, and that their laws and policies typically help those same people.

What a shock!

But I agree with you about part of your postm Claudette...one needs to be an idiot to think that the proposed plan is going to hurt the private HC insurance companies.

Designed as it appears to be, this will make them even richer than they are now.

Yeah...imagine how much money we could save by having NOT gotten involved in Iraq and pulling our military bases from all overt the world. Then we could actually focus on our OWN people for a change...

Thats my thought on it.
there could have been something in the pay go bill that they objected to, so u could be 2 quick to condemn them....

:lol: i find its never to quick when your condeming a politician. Even if you are wrong there is always something else they are screwing up. :lol:

The only time i support them is when they are undoing things they already did ;).

Maybe Frank was thinking of Payless' BOGO promotional. Daddy needs a cheap new pair of shoes! He certainly wasn't complaining about the lack of PAYGO for the Iraq debacle, now was he? What's that now? 1.7 TRILLION wasted dollars for naught - money that we will never, ever see again? Money not being invested in our country or our citizens...

They did follow it, if you're willing to be objective and look at the facts alone.

They did follow it, if you're willing to be objective and look at the facts alone.

what? I dont think the republicans or the democrats have EVER followed it since it was passed. How many pieces of republican or democrat legislation, that have been passed since paygo, have actually had their funding 100% paid and accounted for? I could be wrong so feel free to link me up with some enlightenment.

And now for comic releif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdC5JCOz308]YouTube - The Day ObamaCare Died[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back