Raise Taxes or Cut Waste?

Justifying Taxes and then spending that raised revenue is much more fiscally responsible and much more fiscally sincere, than spending the (other) Peoples' tax monies, and financing the rest on the Peoples' dime.

Big government is the scourge of the world nowadays and it is hurting everybody. Most countries are inflicted with the big government greed disease. We are seeing it all over Europe and it is close to bankrupting several countries.

You mean those European countries that embraced austerity as the correct approach to recovery after we (the USA) brought on the almost biggest financial collapse EVER. Yep those countries are struggling. No jobs.

But you do realize that big government is just the tool the ultra wealthy use to protect themselves? Right? You understand the ultra wealthy have never had it so good? And they don't really give a fuck what we think about the "welfare state" that freaks you out. They (wealthy) just use that (welfare) as something to keep you from looking at their situation. And it works. You got a lot of company freaking out about this topic.

To the ultra wealthy, stability is more important than your taxes. And if stability means you and I (and the ultra wealthy) providing the means for really poor people to have a meager subsistence living as opposed to rioting in the streets over no food, then that's the way it's gonna remain. Especially when the ultra wealthy participated in taking all those JOBS out of country. It's their way of showing a conscious.

You shouldn't freak so bad about it. If you've done as good as you say, you can afford it. Stability means a lot to middle class people too.

Besides that, we wasted so much fucking money on war activities it makes being so crazy about welfare a joke.

Do you know how ridiculous your little rant is?

First of all nobody is poorer because somebody else is richer.

Second of all the adage that "the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer" has traditionally been wrong. The rich get richer and the poor gets richer also. That is what it has been for a long time but the fiscal irresponsibility of the government has changed all that. Now the middle class is evaporating because the government cost over 40% of the GNP and that hurts almost all working families. The ultra rich is insulated from it somewhat but when it takes the salary of one of the two working middle class adults in a family nowadays to pay the combined tax bill for the year then no wonder Americans are getting screwed.

The answer to all this is very simple. Shut down all but the minimal necessary functions of the government and return the money to the people that earned it. The economy will boom then. The rich will get even richer but everybody else will also get richer. The welfare queens will have to get off their lazy fat asses but there will be jobs available for them

The only thing you have correct in your little rant is that the present system of big government is fucking the middle class. It is time to change that model, don't you think? The answer sure as hell is not steal more money from the rich. That may buy some temporary cash flow (at the expense of investments) but it will run out quickly. The answer is to get the government off the backs of the people.

By the way this stability you talk of by paying off the welfare queens is a piss poor way to run an economy, don't you think?

Last edited:
Doesn't matter whether you be for or against. Fact is, it was a huge waste of money that you can't or didn't condemn nearly as strongly as welfare funds. Why's that?

You haven't been listening. I said no money for welfare, subsidies, bailouts or entitlements. Foreign aid certainly falls within the subset of subsidies, doesn't it? I would cutoff all the welfare queens, including the foreign ones. Meanwhile that idiot you voted for continues with foreign "aid" of all kinds, including building Muslim Mosques. How stupid is that? You must have really been confused when you voted for that idiot Obama, huh?

Justifying Taxes and then spending that raised revenue is much more fiscally responsible and much more fiscally sincere, than spending the (other) Peoples' tax monies, and financing the rest on the Peoples' dime.
Most government spending benefits everyone indirectly. Universal healthcare means a healthier America with less disease, more productive workers, and less medical bankruptcies. The mother that's able to work because of government childcare needs less public support. The child that stays in school because a drop out prevention program will probably be able to support himself as an adult. TANF keep families together and kids out of the foster care. Welfare programs and food stamps help keep the poor from rising up against the wealthy and middle class. The real reason we have social programs is not for poor but for the protection of those with money and property.

Lower taxes on the rich (by cutting capital gains).

Raise taxes on the middle class by moving more of a tax burden to income.

Lower wages for the middle and lower classes in order to cut the cost of production (and incentivize investment).

Make up for the lower wages by expanding credit.

This strategy gave us a wild ride in 80s and 90s until the economy finally blew up.

Most government spending benefits everyone indirectly. Universal healthcare means a healthier America with less disease, more productive workers, and less medical bankruptcies. The mother that's able to work because of government childcare needs less public support. The child that stays in school because a drop out prevention program will probably be able to support himself as an adult. TANF keep families together and kids out of the foster care. Welfare programs and food stamps help keep the poor from rising up against the wealthy and middle class. The real reason we have social programs is not for poor but for the protection of those with money and property.

Exactly. The fact that Wal-Mart and McDonald's profit from welfare is no accident.

Big government is the scourge of the world nowadays and it is hurting everybody. Most countries are inflicted with the big government greed disease. We are seeing it all over Europe and it is close to bankrupting several countries.

You mean those European countries that embraced austerity as the correct approach to recovery after we (the USA) brought on the almost biggest financial collapse EVER. Yep those countries are struggling. No jobs.

But you do realize that big government is just the tool the ultra wealthy use to protect themselves? Right? You understand the ultra wealthy have never had it so good? And they don't really give a fuck what we think about the "welfare state" that freaks you out. They (wealthy) just use that (welfare) as something to keep you from looking at their situation. And it works. You got a lot of company freaking out about this topic.

To the ultra wealthy, stability is more important than your taxes. And if stability means you and I (and the ultra wealthy) providing the means for really poor people to have a meager subsistence living as opposed to rioting in the streets over no food, then that's the way it's gonna remain. Especially when the ultra wealthy participated in taking all those JOBS out of country. It's their way of showing a conscious.

You shouldn't freak so bad about it. If you've done as good as you say, you can afford it. Stability means a lot to middle class people too.

Besides that, we wasted so much fucking money on war activities it makes being so crazy about welfare a joke.

Do you know how ridiculous your little rant is?

First of all nobody is poorer because somebody else is richer.

Second of all the adage that "the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer" has traditionally been wrong. The rich get richer and the poor gets richer also. That is what it has been for a long time but the fiscal irresponsibility of the government has changed all that. Now the middle class is evaporating because the government cost over 40% of the GNP and that hurts almost all working families. The ultra rich is insulated from it somewhat but when it takes the salary of one of the two working middle class adults in a family nowadays to pay the combined tax bill for the year then no wonder Americans are getting screwed.

The answer to all this is very simple. Shut down all but the minimal necessary functions of the government and return the money to the people that earned it. The economy will boom then. The rich will get even richer but everybody else will also get richer. The welfare queens will have to get off their lazy fat asses but there will be jobs available for them

The only thing you have correct in your little rant is that the present system of big government is fucking the middle class. It is time to change that model, don't you think? The answer sure as hell is not steal more money from the rich. That may buy some temporary cash flow (at the expense of investments) but it will run out quickly. The answer is to get the government off the backs of the people.

By the way this stability you talk of by paying off the welfare queens is a piss poor way to run an economy, don't you think?

"First of all nobody is poorer because somebody else is richer."

If I 'make' a million dollars, I accumulated money from other people. I'm not actually producing cash, I'm acquiring theirs. Therefore, others have collectively lost a million dollars of purchasing power to me.

These people can't go demand new money just because I have all of their money.

They go broke, I get rich, and income inequality is a thing.

In 1980 the top 1% earned 8.5% of total income. In 2007 they earned 23%.

In 1980 the bottom 90% earned 68% of total income. In 2007 they earned 53%.

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

Wealth is a Zero-Sum Game

Conservative damagogues like Limbaugh have been able to convince the public that the huge incomes of the wealthiest Americans are irrelevant to those who make moderate-to-low incomes. They even suggest that the more money the wealthiest Americans make, the more wealth will trickle down to the lower classes.

If you've swallowed this line of conservative garbage, get ready to vomit. As all conservative economists know, and deny to the public that they know, wealth is a zero-sum game. That is true at both the front end—when income is divided up, and the back end—when it is spent.

The Front End of Zero-Sum: Dividing the Loot

There is only so much corporate income in a given year. The more of that income that is used to pay workers, the less profit the corporation makes. The less profit, the less the stock goes up. The less the stock goes up, the less the CEO and the investors make. It’s as simple as that. Profit equals income minus expenses. No more, no less. Subtract the right side of the equation from the left side and the answer is always zero. Hence the term, “zero-sum.”

The Zero-sum Nature of economics

Lower taxes on the rich (by cutting capital gains).

Raise taxes on the middle class by moving more of a tax burden to income.

Lower wages for the middle and lower classes in order to cut the cost of production (and incentivize investment).

Make up for the lower wages by expanding credit.

This strategy gave us a wild ride in 80s and 90s until the economy finally blew up.

You mean 'free markets' don't work?

Doesn't matter whether you be for or against. Fact is, it was a huge waste of money that you can't or didn't condemn nearly as strongly as welfare funds. Why's that?

You haven't been listening. I said no money for welfare, subsidies, bailouts or entitlements. Foreign aid certainly falls within the subset of subsidies, doesn't it? I would cutoff all the welfare queens, including the foreign ones. Meanwhile that idiot you voted for continues with foreign "aid" of all kinds, including building Muslim Mosques. How stupid is that? You must have really been confused when you voted for that idiot Obama, huh?

Weird how cons want the US to look like a 3rd world nation

Charles-Koch_minimum-wage.jpg

The country has done pretty well under Obama, in spite of the well documented, almost treasonous, republican obstruction given him.

The republican politician's purpose in life is to insure that the very wealthy and top corporations pay little or no taxes. I like to ask people at election time, "what's a republican ever done for you? I'm talking from an economic standpoint, not gun control or abortion issues. They usually can't come up with an answer.

How about the con artists George Soros whose $3.5 billion political slush fund bought him a trained monkey in the White House?

How about the con artists George Soros whose $3.5 billion political slush fund bought him a trained monkey in the White House?
America is for sale to the highest bidder, and had been for some time now. What part of that bothers you eh?

[

The country has done pretty well under Obama, in spite of the well documented, almost treasonous, republican obstruction given him.

You have to be fucking kidding me! You have been brainwashed by that idiot Al Sharpton and those other clowns at MSNBC.

Obama has almost doubted the national debt, which is now astronomical.

Workforce participation is at a 40 year low, which is the real measurement of unemployment.

The welfare roles are at an astronomical high.

Obama had the longest period since the Great Depression with unemployment above 8%

More people are in poverty than ever before.

Family income has decreased since he has been president.

The border security is non existent, with tens of million of illegals flooding in during his administration.

Obama has released more illegal criminals from prison than any President in history.

.Obamacare has been a complete disaster.

The gap between the middle class and the rich has widened under this failed President.

Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster to this nation

The list of scandals from this sorry sonofabitch is a mile long, anywhere from giving assault weapons to the drug cartel to disenfranchising a grass roots political move through the IRS.

The clown created racial tension in this country by fanning the fires of racial hatred.

The only thing good during his administration was capturing Bin Laden but although he took credit it had nothing to do with him.

The boom in the stock market is driven by low interest rates because the stupid sthihead is printing money.

Anybody that voted for him was an idiot.

Poor flashy, Obama Derangement Syndrome got you down today?

If you were the successful mother fucker you claim to be, you wouldn't be crying now like a little bitch.

If you haven't economically recovered after the disaster of George Bush, then you are a fucking idiot.
Your failure both economically and personally is on you dude. YOU are the reason you are a fucking failure. Not Obama.

Man up and look in the mirror when you start with that whining bullshit.

Exactly. The fact that Wal-Mart and McDonald's profit from welfare is no accident.
No, it wasn't. We also haven't solved simple poverty on an at-will basis nor corrected for the deleterious effects of capitalism's, natural rate of unemployment. Is it a coincidence or "collusion and conspiracy".

Sure, go a CREDIBLE LINK? But YOU aren't a Repug, far right, moderate, left, etc... *shaking head*

Glad you love right wing AmeriKa so much you vote to push the American's wages as low as possible!

Forum List

Back