Racist shouts Muslim go back, as he tears turban from head of Indian Sikh man waiting to meet MP out

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
A Sikh man waiting near the Houses of Parliament had his turban ripped from his head in a sickening racist attack.

Ravneet Singh was waiting outside Portcullis House to meet Labour MP Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi when he was targeted by a racist screaming: 'Muslim go back.'

The 37-year-old, a prominent Sikh environmentalist from Punjab, India - who is a Sikh and not a Muslim - said his attacker then attempted to pull his turban from his head.

Read more: Turban ripped from head of Indian Sikh outside Parliament | Daily Mail Online

• Banned
>> He was pulling at my turban strongly. It half moved and I grabbed it.

'Before he could do anything else I shouted at him and he ran.

'He made a racist comment in another language that I didn't recognise.

'He was a white man, but he didn't sound English. <<

Last edited:
How dumb do you have to be to think a Sikh is a Muslim? :cuckoo:
Remember who you are dealing with and you dont have to wonder. Most are flaming idiots.
A Sikh man waiting near the Houses of Parliament had his turban ripped from his head in a sickening racist attack.

Ravneet Singh was waiting outside Portcullis House to meet Labour MP Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi when he was targeted by a racist screaming: 'Muslim go back.'

The 37-year-old, a prominent Sikh environmentalist from Punjab, India - who is a Sikh and not a Muslim - said his attacker then attempted to pull his turban from his head.

Read more: Turban ripped from head of Indian Sikh outside Parliament | Daily Mail Online

While I respect Sikhs for their long history of being badass soldiers in every American war since WW2, this made me chuckle.

A Sikh "environmentalist"?

An "EcoSikh"? :laughing0301:

Is the Sikh Youth Connected with Guru Nanak and Guru Har Rai? | SikhNet

I got an anecdote----hubby was a student in his twenties in London-----and based
on physical appearance he was mistaken for a PAKISTANI----circa 1970 during
the era of mindless Limey ---"paki-bashing"--------he got bashed. Limeys is
STUPID (I have both paternal and maternal family back there in "great" Britain)

very dumb-----I got more anecdote-------LONG LONG ago when I was young and beautiful----(circa 1970) I worked in a very very large kinda state hospital-----
extensive grounds---many buildings---thousands of patients AND on grounds
staff-------and it was a teaching hospital with LOTS of medical school graduates from
south east asia, I was a naïve kid-------but very quickly grasped the interesting
fact of SO MANY DIFFERENT CULTURES in south-east Asia. ------I was amazed
that ------it seemed as if no other American country bumpkin (like me) could figure
it out. A TURBAN really knocked them dead.-----I heard frightened whispers whenever Dr Singh-----approached 'family of the patient' ~~~~ "look what's coming....."
As to muslim vs hindu, vs Sikh FUHGET ABOUT IT

Pretty repugnant act if it is true. Sikhs are not a race.

Where is the difference?
Both Muslims and Sikhs hate white Christians and desire a death for them

I have never met a Sikh who hated "white" Christians. Do they hate any other
color of christian

Nor me. I went to a Sikh wedding in London once. The after party was awesome.

Nor me.
I worked with several in the child abuse program here in my State.
They are very nice, lovely people.

New Topics

Forum List

Back